Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Eastenders Spoilers 10th Aug-14th Aug

Quote Originally Posted by storyseeker1 View Post
    I recall there's a psychological condition I once heard about, but I can't remember what it's called. It's basically where a person has a moment of utter violence, and then seemingly has no memory of it afterwards. The violent mood swings seem to come and go randomly. I wonder if that's what Bobby has. Certainly sounds like it.
    That would have been a really interesting condition to give Bobby, but unfortunately it doesn't fit with what happened with Lucy. He does remember attacking her but Jane convinced him she got up and went out afterwards - which is why he doesn't appear to know he killed her.

Found it! The condition is called Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED), a behavioral disorder characterized by explosive outbursts of anger/rage. Aggressive acts are frequently reported accompanied by a sensation of relief and in some cases pleasure, but often followed by later remorse.

Seems I was wrong about the amnesia part. As I said, it says people with this condition feel remorse and such afterwards. Though I suppose there are people who after experiencing true remorse might block the memories of the incident.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to storyseeker1 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-08-2015)

Found it! The condition is called Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED), a behavioral disorder characterized by explosive outbursts of anger/rage. Aggressive acts are frequently reported accompanied by a sensation of relief and in some cases pleasure, but often followed by later remorse.

Seems I was wrong about the amnesia part. As I said, it says people with this condition feel remorse and such afterwards. Though I suppose there are people who after experiencing true remorse might block the memories of the incident.
    Yes, IED would fit Bobby perfectly. Good thinking!

I have mixed feelings about tonight's episode. On the one hand I still can't believe Liam is selling out his own uncle for a crime he didn't commit (I still think Max is a jerk, but he doesn't deserve to go down for a crime he didn't do). Then again, after watching the scene where Ian manipulated them all, I can understand why he did. Ian certainly played them. I know he's only doing it to save his son, which I imagine any parent would do, but I couldn't help thinking what a scum he was tonight. Part of me was also gleeful watching as Liam demanded 100K from him, yet at the same time still feeling disgusted that Liam would send Max down.

I've been having a re-think again about Ian's upcoming suicide attempt in October. I thought maybe Bobby would get found out and Ian, so remorseful at having failed him, tries to jump. But I'm starting to wonder if that isn't the case. The news said that all the lies makes Ian reach boiling point, which could mean he's either still lying, or Bobby gets found out and he's dealing with the outcome. Since Liam is now blackmailing Ian, that'll definitely add to the pressure. (Does Ian even have 100K? Wasn't his businesses in trouble?) Getting the money together, then having to deal with the business outcome, and covering up for Bobby...that would certainly make anyone go looney. And Ian had a breakdown with intensive therapy not too long ago.

I know he's only doing it to save his son, which I imagine any parent would do, but I couldn't help thinking what a scum he was tonight.
    Although a parent's first instinct is to protect their child, I don't think many would go as far as allowing someone innocent to be convicted to a life sentence.

Part of me was also gleeful watching as Liam demanded 100K from him, yet at the same time still feeling disgusted that Liam would send Max down.
    I enjoyed Liam's blackmail demand too. Ian seriously underestimated him!

At the moment, Liam's love for Cindy is overriding his feelings for Carol and Max. Whether he'll be able to go through with it is another matter.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (14-08-2015)

At the beginning of tonight's episode, Ian's arrogance truly astounded me. It's beyond pride and close to pure stupidity. I was disappointed when Liam and Cindy chose to just leave and not blackmail him. I was hoping they'd take him for all he's got. Though I did enjoy the ending, where Jane told Ian that they'd leave or he can be on his own. Personally I think they'd all be better off without him, though I have to say Jane was acting a little freaky. I wonder if she's finally gone round the twist?

Roxy was acting like an idiot again. Why is it she always goes for the psychos?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to storyseeker1 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-08-2015)

At the beginning of tonight's episode, Ian's arrogance truly astounded me. It's beyond pride and close to pure stupidity. I was disappointed when Liam and Cindy chose to just leave and not blackmail him. I was hoping they'd take him for all he's got. Though I did enjoy the ending, where Jane told Ian that they'd leave or he can be on his own. Personally I think they'd all be better off without him, though I have to say Jane was acting a little freaky. I wonder if she's finally gone round the twist?
    I think Jane and Ian's reactions are being laid on a bit thick now and getting totally unbelievable. I suppose stress will make people unpredictable, but Ian doesn't appear to be very worried - unlike Jane.

Like you, I was disappointed Liam dropped the idea of blackmail because Ian deserves a taste of his own medicine.

Roxy was acting like an idiot again. Why is it she always goes for the psychos?
    I thought it was quite a clever bit of writing when Ronnie compared Dean to Archie and Carl. It's true to character that Roxy keeps falling for men like her beloved father. She refuses to see them for what they really are.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (15-08-2015)

<I think Jane and Ian's reactions are being laid on a bit thick now and getting totally unbelievable. I suppose stress will make people unpredictable, but Ian doesn't appear to be very worried - unlike Jane.>

Perhaps, but then again Ian has always been the arrogant/stupid type. He believes he's the big boss, and he has a tendency to not see the big problems right in front of him. Case in point: Bobby. All the problems with him are right there, yet Ian refuses to see them. Knowing him, he probably thinks this is something that Bobby will 'grow out of'.

Jane's reaction is actually more believable. All the stress and everything is obviously sending her round the bend. With this in mind, no matter how hard they try, realistically they won't be able to keep their secret for long. The secret (and deep fear they have but won't admit of Bobby) will gradually eat away at them.

As for Ian, don't forget that he's meant to try suicide in October, so obviously either something is gonna happen between now and then, or the stress starts eating away at him, too. Plus, there's supposed to be someone else who finds out the truth before long, so that'll add more stress. Eventually it'll come to the point where even Ian won't be able to hide from it. He's set himself up high above everyone else with his arrogance, looking down on everyone. The problem with that strategy, though, is that the higher you climb, the bigger the fall. And something tells me, Ian is gonna come down hard.

Tbh, I think Roxy needs constant surveillance. Everytime she tries doing something for herself, she ends up in bed with a psycho or worse. And the only time when she ever got a good man was Alfie, and even a blind person could tell that he was really still in love with Kat all that time! I hate to say it, but the poor woman's hopeless!

Thread Information