Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Connor (Richard Hawley)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Pure speculation by metro guy at moment

I wish they would kill of Tyrone instead

4. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

mariba (30-06-2017)

Coronation Street actor Richard Hawley discussed his exit from the soap on ITV's Lorraine today (June 15).

His character Johnny Connor told his family for the first time last night that he had been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.

Now, fans are wondering what lies ahead for the cobbles favourite

"I've got no idea what's going on – I don't even know the short-term future and I enjoy that," he said. "This is a great job to have. I'd like to stay on the show but you have to take it year by year and story by story so you can give it your all.

"When Kate Oates told me we were going to do this story, she told me it isn't an exit storyline because Multiple Sclerosis is slow progression.

"But I don't really see how this can't be an exit. Not that I'd mind an exit storyline because you can get great stuff from it. I'd like to stay on Coronation Street for a long time though actually."

While researching Multiple Sclerosis, Richard revealed that what stood out for him is the reluctance in men to seek help when they start to show concerning symptoms.

He explained that, just like in real life, his character was hesitant to see a doctor.

"People can say Johnny has done the wrong thing, but having said that, this is what some people do after receiving a diagnosis," the actor explained.

"In a sense, he's gone into denial. A big part of this story is accepting what's happening. None of his reactions are wrong."

Richard described the opportunity to take on such a heavy storyline as a "privilege".

He added: "It's a big journey, which is still getting deeper. It's not just about the exterior but the interior as well."

Digital Spy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (15-06-2017)

Coronation Street's Kate Connor is about to get a shock new love interest – but Faye Brookes has warned that there might be a backlash from fans.

Things have been rather quiet on the romantic front for Kate ever since her ex-girlfriend Caz Hammond ended up in jail for stalking Maria Connor, but we have already revealed that's all about to change.

Faye – who plays Kate – has previously teased that her alter ego's new relationship will be hard to guess and could surprise people. But she's now given away even more gossip on the upcoming plot – admitting that she's unsure how fans are going to take it.

"There's love coming her way," Faye told The Sun Online. "Which I think she so rightly deserves after what she's going through but it's completely unexpected.

"I'm thrilled about it. I don't know whether the general public are going to take to it, I just know it's going to shock people for the right reasons.

"I think this love interest is just what Weatherfield needs – it's not what you expect at all."

One thing we do know about the mystery romance, is that it definitely won't be with Sophie Webster, after Faye told Digital Spy earlier in the year that the pair will only ever be friends.

Digital Spy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (29-06-2017)

wouldn't be surprised if it were rosie

It's Rana... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I wish they would kill of Tyrone instead
    I've never liked Tyrone. So yes, great idea! ��

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (01-07-2017)

Is Richard Hawley leaving?

Johnny is to cheat on Jenny but is it with Liz or another lady, Moira?

I would prefer Aidan's death bringing him closer to Jenny not making him a cheat again as both lost children

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (13-05-2018)

Thread Information