Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Connor (Richard Hawley)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Prime Suspect actor Richard Hawley has been cast as Johnny, a self-made man who is funny and charming but ruthless in business.
    That's where I know him from! I always liked him in Prime Suspect.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (29-09-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by LizzyBizzy View Post
    That's Soapland for you ;) Lots of long lost and soon forgotten relatives.
    True - we never see or hear about either of Michelle's 2 sons or Ken's other 2 sons.
    Last edited by ellie2; 30-09-2015 at 21:10.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ellie2 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-10-2015), maidmarian (30-09-2015), swmc66 (02-10-2015)

Coronation Street stars Shayne Ward and Faye Brookes have teased happier times ahead for the Connors as they adjust to the life-changing events in recent weeks.
    The family has been torn apart by the bombshell that Johnny is Carla's dad, but Kate and Aidan were further shocked to discover that their father's affair actually led to their mother's fatal accident.
    There is certainly a long way to go before the siblings can forgive Johnny for his lies, but Ward and Brookes have revealed that their characters will strike up a strong bond with their half-sister Carla.
    Speaking on This Morning today (January 13), Ward said: "[Johnny and Aidan] are not going to speak for quite a long time, but Johnny isn't going to stop trying because he wants them to come back as a unit.
    "They are a strong family but it is not looking good at the minute. But the good thing is the relationship with Carla because they always felt she was like a sister. They are definitely going to get really close and a lot more drama is going to happen in the factory."
    Brookes added: "Kate always wanted a big sister because she never had a mum around and she idolised her cousins like Michelle and Carla. It is a really nice relationship that is forming now."
    Ward also spoke about his delight at making the shortlist in the Best Newcomer category at next week's National Television Awards.
    He said: "To be on screen for three and a half months and have the Corrie bosses put me forward for it was just mind-boggling.
    "That was the longlist and now I have made the shortlist, I am not going to lie - I really want to win it!"

Shame actress who plays Carla is leaving then

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-01-2016), parkerman (13-01-2016)

Johnny Connor actor Richard Hawley confirms shock new romance on the cobbles
    The star admitted on Good Morning Britain today that he didn't see this relationship coming
    Coronation Street fans are about to witness a new romance unfold on the cobbles.
    The news was confirmed by actor Richard Hawley, who plays Johnny Connor, earlier today during a stint on Good Morning Britain .
    Speaking to presenters Susanna Reid and Ben Shephard, the star revealed love is set to blossom between his character and Jenny Bradley.
    "I was surprised because I thought we might see something between Johnny and Liz [McDonald]," he admitted. "I thought we'd be good friends and perhaps something would grow but maybe a relationship is too soon for Liz.
    The star admitted on Good Morning Britain today that he didn't see this relationship coming
    Coronation Street fans are about to witness a new romance unfold on the cobbles.
    The news was confirmed by actor Richard Hawley, who plays Johnny Connor, earlier today during a stint on Good Morning Britain .
    Speaking to presenters Susanna Reid and Ben Shephard, the star revealed love is set to blossom between his character and Jenny Bradley.
    "I was surprised because I thought we might see something between Johnny and Liz [McDonald]," he admitted. "I thought we'd be good friends and perhaps something would grow but maybe a relationship is too soon for Liz.
    "It's interesting what is going to happen between Johnny and Jenny. He is a sucker for vulnerability and she's getting a hard time at the factory from all the workers at the moment. He has a very vulnerable side too. So in a way, I think they are bother good for each other.
    "They both want a fresh start and I think this will mark a new dawn for them."
    During the interview, Richard also paid tribute to the late Alan Rickman who he worked with on Hamlet and Love Actually.
    Richard also paid tribute to Alan Rickman
    "He was an extraordinary actor," he said. "He was so warm and generous. He was the type of actor who like to give opportunities to other actors."
    Last edited by Perdita; 08-02-2016 at 13:58.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-02-2016), lizann (08-02-2016)

jenny or erica my guess likely

Coronation Street star Faye Brookes has promised that life is set to get even more dramatic for the Connor family as Caz Hammond vows her revenge.

Next week's episodes offer an insight into what is to come, as Caz becomes consumed with jealousy when she fears that Kate Connor is moving on with Sophie Webster.

Upcoming scenes will see Kate call time on her relationship with Caz after she finds out that she has lied about her injury and the circumstances surrounding it.

Struggling to forgive Caz, Kate will remain firm in her decision to split from her next week and finds herself growing closer to Sophie in the process.

The welfare officer confronts Caz
    © ITV
    As Kate confides in Sophie that she feels stupid for believing Caz's lies, Sophie sympathises and agrees to meet her for a drink after work - and Caz later sees the pair heading to the pub arm in arm.

Faye Brookes, who plays Kate, said: "I can definitely say that Caz is going to be 100% trouble for the Connors and potentially other residents but not directly for Kate.

"Kate is so hurt. She had given Caz another chance and now she has discovered she has been lying all along.

"She will find it hard to forgive Caz. This isn't the first time that she has lied to her so how is she expected to trust her again?"

While Kate's blossoming friendship with Sophie will leave her future with Caz looking increasingly uncertain, Brookes has a very good idea of who the fans want her alter-ego to be with.

"100% Sophie," she said. "I'm hoping that Sophie and Kate will become better friends because of it. That's what they are first and foremost, but Caz wasn't happy about that and it affected Kate and Sophie's relationship.

Digital Spy

Kate Connor finds her life on the line as she lures unhinged Caz Hammond out of hiding in tonight’s Coronation Street – and while she is acting to save Maria, she seems to still be underestimating how dangerous her ex can be.
    After Aidan tells Kate that he saw Caz at a factory, Kate figures out that Caz must be watching Maria’s flat and so stuns Aidan by saying that she is still in love with Aidan. While Aidan is aghast, viewers will know that Kate is just trying to get Caz to come over – and it works a treat as the villain takes the bait.
    Caz soon turns up and explains what has been going on to Kate, suggesting that they run away together. Inwardly horrified and fearing for her safety, Kate plays a long and secretly contacts Aidan.
    However, she can’t help but withdraw when Caz leans in for a kiss – making it obvious to Caz that she has been tricked.
    As Caz explodes with rage, could this be the end for Kate or can she be saved from the wrath of her unhinged ex?

metro.co.uk

is it ms that johnny has

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-04-2017)

Coronation Street's Johnny Connor is set to face a multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's scare in an upcoming storyline.

Johnny (Richard Hawley) has been displaying some strange behaviour of late, much to the concern of daughter Kate and wife-to-be Jenny.

Last week, he could be seen stumbling out of the Rovers, leading Kate to believe he was drunk.

However, Liz later informed her that Johnny hadn't been drinking alcohol, which left her even more alarmed.

Following the alarming incidents, The Mirror now reports that Johnny will undergo testing for both MS and Parkinson's over the coming weeks.

Kate will also be seen sharing her concern about Johnny's health with other Weatherfield residents, including Fiz, Sean and Izzy.

Viewers will have to wait to find out what the outcome of the tests are, although this wouldn't be the first time this year a soap has incorporated MS into its scripts.

On Hollyoaks, viewers have seen soap veteran Nancy Osborne (Jessica Fox) diagnosed with MS in recent weeks.

The storyline has marked the return of former Coronation Street actor Adam Rickitt to soapland.

The actor joined the Channel 4 soap as Nancy's ex-boyfriend Kyle, who also suffers from the condition.

Rickitt recently revealed that there are a lot of twists and turns in his relationship with his former flame, as he helps Nancy following her diagnosis.

Digital Spy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (19-04-2017)

Thread Information