Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Connor (Richard Hawley)

that was fast, where did he the money from, bank loan?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    that was fast, where did he the money from, bank loan?
    Probably using the money he would have used for the villa in Spain

Is his MS forgot about, does he take medication for it, as he was downing whiskey in the pub

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (08-11-2018), parkerman (08-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is his MS forgot about, does he take medication for it, as he was downing whiskey in the pub
    I think you can have a little alcohol occasionally but it could exacerbate the symptoms ...

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...stery-visitor/

Coronation Street is set to line up a new mystery for Johnny Connor (Richard Hawley) as a new arrival on the cobbles panics him.

The TV Times reports that when a businessman decides to rent the spare room at the Rovers Return on a long-term lease, Johnny's wife Jenny (Sally Ann Matthews) is delighted at the prospect of earning some much-needed cash for her and Johnny.

But when Johnny meets the new arrival, Scott, he appears to be very uncomfortable and it becomes clear that the pair have a history.

In fact Johnny is so disturbed that he suggests that he and Jenny take an impromptu holiday in an effort to get away from Scott – something Jenny is oblivious to.

But what could Johnny's connection to Scott be and why is he so worried?

Johnny and Jenny have already been through a lot since getting together, most recently when Johnny took the blame for Jenny after she knocked over Liz McDonald in a hit and run accident over Christmas.

Actor Richard Hawley, who plays Johnny, recently said that he believes Johnny and Jenny can continue to make their marriage work despite their setbacks.

"They'll save it because they want to work hard on it," he said. "What's happening is it's all coming out now (following the car accident) and they know where they are with it, so they're saving something that's less burdened than before."

But with Scott potentially set to have a big impact on Johnny's life, are the couple about to experience even more problems?

surely the stress of scott around should flair up his ms

Scott?s arrival on the street has really blown Johnny?s mind. What feelings has it brought back for him and how has he kept these hidden for so many years?

Johnny?s been faced with sheer terror by this blast from the past. Johnny has skeletons in the closet and this ghost from the past, with whom he has a serious common history, is now threatening his future. There?s also real mixed emotions for Johnny, what happened with Scott was a long time go and while Johnny has completely reinvented himself they were once very close, he does feel guilty about his part in it and maybe feels he owes Scott something but he does not want to go back down that route. So Scott turning up has not only brought back the past, it?s threatening to blow his cover and the life he?s created.

How desperate is he to keep the truth from Jenny and his family?

He 100% does not want this to get out, he thinks it will completely destroy his family. Nobody knows about this, not even Carla. He doesn?t want Jenny to know who he was or what he did.

When he hears that Scott is going to be working for Ray does this make him feel uneasy? What does Johnny do?

He pulls a bit of a fast one and talks to Ray about Scott?s past, yes he knows the truth about Scott but he?s no friend of Ray?s either. I think he sees it as an opportunity to try and push Scott out of Weatherfield and get rid of the problem that way.

When Scott finds out that Johnny has been speaking to Ray is Johnny worried? Does Scott still have a hold over him?

Yes Scott still has a hold over him, he?s constantly threatening to tell Johnny?s friends and family about what they did in the past.

How does Johnny react when Scott tells him he wants him to be getaway driver or he?ll tell Jenny everything?

He?s absolutely stuck which brings on massive stress and attacks Johnny?s health. He tries to tell Scott that with his MS he couldn?t do it anyway. They were young and it was a long time ago, Johnny?s changed, he?s tried to build a whole new respectable loving family so why should that be destroyed when he doesn?t want to do it.

Does he think he would lose Jenny if the truth came out or do you think their relationship is strong enough to withstand this?

He thinks he?d lose her but I think their relationship would be strong enough to withstand it. They?ve been through a lot and it?s worth holding onto.

Are you enjoying looking into Johnny?s past?

I?m enjoying it hugely, it?s a different kind of story for me, it?s very much Johnny?s story and it?s great to work with other actors like Tom. My stories so far have been very family based, with Aidan, Kate and Carla, then Johnny?s illness and his relationship with Jenny. This is something that?s taken place outside of all that yet threatens it all. It brings a whole new dimension to the character which is lovely for me to play.

Obviously Johnny?s a Connor, does this show us a bit more about where they came from?

I think so yes, they?re a tough old clan with plenty of tough secrets and some of those come out. Johnny and Carla are constantly realising just how dark some of their histories are and how much they have in common because of that. They come from the same place and it?s a tough place and that?s what?s shaped them.

Thumbs down am i bored

How much longer do we have to see this stupid storyline, with Jonny? neither Scott nor Jonny are very convincing as ex naughty boys,
    and why has Corri got so many awful men at the moment, Ray, Gary, Scott, Jonny, Mick(?) all trying to be hard men and plus we still have Geoff!

Not enjoying Corri at the mo, I don't actually care about Jonny,
    think Jenny should get a "lover" poor girl she's always in rubbers---gloves that is
    Last edited by mysangry; 19-10-2020 at 17:57.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mysangry For This Useful Post:

Perdita (20-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mysangry View Post
    How much longer do we have to see this stupid storyline, with Jonny? neither Scott nor Jonny are very convincing as ex naughty boys,
    and why has Corri got so many awful men at the moment, Ray, Gary, Scott, Jonny, Mick(?) all trying to be hard men and plus we still have Geoff!

Not enjoying Corri at the mo, I don't actually care about Jonny,
    think Jenny should get a "lover" poor girl she's always in rubbers---gloves that is
    Geoff will get his comeuppance soon so something to look forward to but why on earth they brought Todd back with this incredibly stupid and unbelievable storyline is beyond me .. lockdown fever going round the scriptwriters?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

mysangry (20-10-2020), parkerman (20-10-2020)

DAre I hope🙏

So it appears that Jonny and Jenny and Craig get embroiled in Scott's plan for crime and someone gets hurt,

Let it be Scott and Jonny shoot each other kill two birds with one stone and they can die with their crimes secret

would like to see Jenny have a new love💘

this couple are so dull, or should I say Jonny is'🚮 Jenny is quite funny with her misguided coyness, this could raise some laughs👍
    Last edited by mysangry; 20-10-2020 at 19:11.

Thread Information