Thread: Funny news stories

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Funny news stories

I thought I'd start a thread to post funny news stories (I searched but couldn't find a previous thread).

Mystery over sex toys dangled from power lines in Portland, Oregon

Hundreds of sex toys have been spotted hanging from power lines across Portland, Oregon.

The white and orange objects have appeared above major commercial streets around the city, but their origin remains a mystery.

Locals have been sharing images online, to try and figure out who might be responsible.
    A spokesman for Portland General Electric said he did not believe the rubber products posed a fire hazard.

Portland resident Lucila Cejas Epple said that she first encountered the sex toys at a neighbourhood street fair over the weekend, according to Reuters.

\\"You could spot them in several intersections and you could see all sorts of reactions to them,\\" she said.

\\"Some would blush, others would laugh, and most would take photos.\\"

The first sightings were reported late last month - but more have appeared in recent days.

How very bizarre!

Love the eumphemisms the BBC uses (objects, products) and the tweet about explaining them to your kids.

Taken from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33541109
    Last edited by Dazzle; 17-07-2015 at 19:06.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (17-07-2015)

Thread Information