Thread: Kathy Beale and Angie Watts- sampled on ABC's "Vanity Kills" remix (1985)?

Kathy Beale and Angie Watts- sampled on ABC's "Vanity Kills" remix (1985)?

Here's a question that I have had in my head for a long time- and thanks to the internet, maybe I can get a definite answer.

I was working for the Prairie Public Television in North Dakota (U.S.A.) in 1986 or 1987 when EastEnders made it to our shores. I worked the late shift in master control, and EastEnders came on at 10:00 pm. I was instantly hooked, and watched as long as I could, as regularly as I could, until the Public Television station where I now live (Seattle) pulled the program due to low viewership . The last thing I remember watching was Natalie and Barry taking over one of the stores in the square.

Anyway, I picked up a copy of the ABC CD, "How To Be A Zillionaire" in the early '90's. The last song is a remix of "Vanity Kills" called the Abigails Party Mix. This mix uses samples of two women talking, and to me it has always sounded like a conversation between Kathy and Angie- one of the lines is "...and I promise you Ange, you're going to see the difference". I'd be happy to provide some mp3 clips of the samples if anybody wants to listen and confirm or deny my suspicions.

I have done some research and can find nothing out about the Abigails Party Mix. My research did determine that EastEnders first aired in the spring of 1985 and "How To Be A Zillionaire" was released in November of 1985, so it would be possible to include a sample of an EastEnders conversation in this release, although it would probably have to have been pulled from the first couple of months of the show.

Very interested in seeing if others think this might be a sample of Kathy and Angie.

Thanks-

Val

Hi Val

I've had a listen to the track on youtube and all I can say is the voices could possibly be Kathy and Angie, but the voice who says "Ange" doesn't sound much like Kathy to me. It sounds too high and the accent's wrong.

Sorry I can't be of much help!

Here's the video for anyone who fancies a listen:

Last edited by Dazzle; 14-07-2015 at 03:03.

I agree, Dazzle, it doesn't sound like Kathy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-07-2015)

Thread Information