Thread: Dr James Edmunds (Myles Pollard)

Exclamation Dr James Edmunds (Myles Pollard)

Home and Away's Roo Stewart could have a new romance ahead when she gets to know a Summer Bay doctor.

Former McLeod's Daughters star Myles Pollard has been cast in the role of Dr James Edmunds, and firm details of his role have been confirmed for the first time today (July 6).

Myles Pollard
    © Facebook
    Myles Pollard

James is being billed as a possible love interest for Roo, but his complicated history means that it won't be plain sailing.

Pollard has appeared on Home and Away before, playing Dane Jordans for a handful of episodes in 2007.

"The interesting thing is that the character I played before wasn't as significant, so playing James is more of a challenge because he's integral to Roo's storyline," Pollard told The West Australian.

"He's an intelligent character and really cares for Roo and her family. He really values that relationship. He's more of a protagonist too, so he's driving the story more than the other character I played. It's more responsibility, which is nice."

He added: "Viewers can expect a man whose heart is in the right place and his intentions are very honourable but, like us all, he's fallible and flawed, which I like.

"I had a ball playing him, he's a really complicated dude. He has a past and a few demons and skeletons in the closet, which he has to reconcile. That's great - it's always fun to play characters who aren't perfect and are challenged and more human."

Home and Away airs Pollard's arrival as James this week in Australia and in September on Channel 5 in the UK.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (06-07-2015), Nell532 (06-07-2015), Pantherboy (07-07-2015), TaintedLove (07-07-2015), tammyy2j (07-07-2015)

Thanks Perdita
    Hooray that`s excellent news about Roo getting a new love interest. I could never understand what she ever saw in Harvey - let alone marrying him. What were the producers thinking when they hired him?
    Roo Stewart is one of my fave characters. I didn`t like the original Justine Clark version of Roo, but did warm to her a bit after she gave birth to Martha.
    Georgie Parker has done a brilliant job of making Roo such a wonderful character. And it`s great she`s getting her teeth into a storyline of her own rather than have her fretting over Maddy constantly.

This new character looks great. He must be taking over the Dr role that Nate Cooper vacated....and Sid before him

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

lizann (07-07-2015), maidmarian (07-07-2015), Pantherboy (08-07-2015), Perdita (07-07-2015), tammyy2j (07-07-2015)

yes like this roo too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (07-07-2015)

Thread Information