Hollyoaks newcomer Sophie Wise has teased that there will be lots of trouble to come for her character Carly Bradley.

The actress has joined the show as regular character Ben's troubled daughter, Carly. Friday's first-look episode on E4 saw Ben meet up with Carly, who is under witness protection due to trouble with a drug dealer.

Sophie Wise as Carly and Ben Richards as Ben Bradley
© Lime Pictures
Sophie Wise and Ben Richards

Viewers has been aware that Ben (Ben Richards) had been meeting up with a mystery woman, but Carly's identity had been kept under wraps.

Although Ben's girlfriend Sienna is still in the dark about his secret for now, Wise has warned that it may not be long until the pair cross paths.

Wise said: "I'm thrilled to be joining Hollyoaks playing the part of Carly, especially because I'm working alongside the lovely Ben Richards."

Carly explains the danger she is in to Ben
© Lime Pictures
Carly explains the danger she is in to Ben

"Carly's troubled past and addiction to drugs means she is under the watchful eye of her dad, Ben - but even that doesn't stop her getting into trouble.

"She's under witness protection and has avoided blowing her cover for now, but with Sienna so close to Ben, I'm sure it won't be long until their paths cross in true Hollyoaks style…"