Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was the last song you listened to?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Oh dear TL, so sorry you got stung by wasps, which I think yellow jackets are .. hope you will not be in pain for long..
    Thanks Perdita. Just took shower #3, and had a couple of pain pills. Feeling better now.
    At least I know not to go to that particular blackberry bush again. My hubby said once the rain stops, he is going to pour petrol on that particular spot, and set fire to it. He said I`d lose those blackberries, but he`s worried that the yellow jackets will bury their nests underground which is much more dangerous. He said it`s better to be safe than sorry.
    I don`t care about losing blackberries as I won`t go to that particular spot again. In the autumn i`m going to cut that particular bush out. Not going to tempt fate. By the looks of it, I`ll be getting a bumper crop this year, so losing one bush or two won`t matter.
    And this weekend, friends of us sold us their old upright freezer, so I have a perfect place to store them. As well as my fridge freezer I have a deep chest freezer, so I`ll be really set now., Will have to move my Welsh dresser to the other side of the wall in the kitchen to accommodate the new freezer though.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-07-2015), maidmarian (08-07-2015)

Getting back to the subject of music, I found my headphones, so will charge up my mp3 player now.
    I just added to my playlist......

Meatloaf - Two Out Of Three Ain`t Bad
    ELO`s Greatest Hits
    ELO Discovery CD
    Neil Diamond - Cracklin` Rosie
    Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind
    Squeeze Greatest Hits CD
    And some more Queen songs too
    And some old 70`s Country

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (08-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Just as I got to the last blackberry bush with my bucket 3/4 full - I got into a nest of yellow jackets and was stung pretty badly. I high tailed it out of there, and hubby had to retrieve my boots, blackberries and cane because I had to jump in the shower crying in pain from the stings. And with yellow jackets, even after the attack, the venom buries into the skin and still feels like stings. I`ve had two showers since 1pm, and I`m still feeling the stings on my legs and arms. I had to take my sweatpants off on the front porch because there were yellow jackets all over it and inside.
    OMG I'm horrified at your experience at the hands of the yellow jackets!!!

I hope you're feeling a bit better now. I'm still traumatised by being stung by a wasp as a child so I dread to think how you're feeling (though you're obviously much braver than I am!).
    Last edited by Dazzle; 08-07-2015 at 22:35.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (09-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Getting back to the subject of music, I found my headphones, so will charge up my mp3 player now.
    I just added to my playlist......

Meatloaf - Two Out Of Three Ain`t Bad
    ELO`s Greatest Hits
    ELO Discovery CD
    Neil Diamond - Cracklin` Rosie
    Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind
    Squeeze Greatest Hits CD
    And some more Queen songs too
    And some old 70`s Country
    Coincidentally, I listened to some Meatloaf (Dead Ringer for Love) and Queen (Bohemian Rhapsody) this afternoon after you inspired me. I'm not a great music lover and can't remember the last time I had my mp3 player out.

After years of listening to a variety of music growing up (my faves were U2, Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran and Michael Jackson) I've settled into preferring the music my siblings and I were brainwashed into loving by our parents - Simon and Garfunkel.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (09-07-2015), Siobhan (09-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    OMG I'm horrified at your experience at the hands of the yellow jackets!!!

I hope you're feeling a bit better now. I'm still traumatised by being stung by a wasp as a child so I dread to think how you're feeling (though you're obviously much braver than I am!).
    Thanks Dazzle,
    Something traumatic like that would scare me as a kid too.
    I`ve gone blackberry picking a few more times and avoided that particular bush like the plague. I`ve picked 4 gallons of blackberries so far, and have them stored in my freezer. I would have picked double that quantity by now. But because of the heavy storms here, the rain is hitting the ripe berries off the vines before I have the chance to get to them.

This morning I was singing along to ELO (Ticket To The Moon, Rockaria) and Queen (Don`t Stop Me Now, Killer Queen, Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy) whilst picking. I was hoping my voice would scare the yellow jackets away LOL

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Coincidentally, I listened to some Meatloaf (Dead Ringer for Love) and Queen (Bohemian Rhapsody) this afternoon after you inspired me. I'm not a great music lover and can't remember the last time I had my mp3 player out.

After years of listening to a variety of music growing up (my faves were U2, Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran and Michael Jackson) I've settled into preferring the music my siblings and I were brainwashed into loving by our parents - Simon and Garfunkel.
    Some good choices there Dazzle. I was kind`ve brainwashed by my parents music too. Yet to this day I still love to listen to Cliff Richards early songs. Songs that he sang even before I was born, but still love `em regardless. Constantly and The Next Time being my two faves.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-07-2015)

I'm loving Hello by Adele

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I'm loving Hello by Adele
    She canĀ“t do wrong for my ears

Just recently got One Republic's album.. Can't stop listening to it..
    Super Mod

Thread Information