Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Brennan

Exclamation Russell Brennan

One of Australia’s most accomplished theatre, television and film actors Russell Kiefel joins Neighbours in a guest role as the patriarch of the Brennan family and is the centre of one of the show’s most controversial storylines – domestic violence.

Playing Russell Brennan, the estranged father of Mark (Scott McGregor), Aaron (Matt Wilson) and Tyler (Travis Burns), doesn’t receive a warm welcome when he arrives in Ramsey Street later this Summer.

“He has a lot of ground to make up with his boys and the challenge is to convince them that he is a changed man…but is he?” said Kiefel who was a scriptwriter on Neighbours in the late nineties.

Travis Burns’ character Tyler has the most volatile relationship with his father resulting in some intensely heavy scenes with the seasoned performer.

“Such a great actor to work with, every scene you would learn something new from Russell. I've done some of the toughest emotionally driven scenes with Russell, and he has just been a great support." said Burns who joined Neighbours late last year.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (01-07-2015), Dazzle (29-06-2015), Happyme123 (02-08-2015), Lazyweaver (02-08-2015), lizann (30-06-2015), Summer8 (30-06-2015), TaintedLove (30-06-2015), tammyy2j (01-07-2015)

Neighbours is turning out to be "The Brennan Show' lately. After the Dad leaves Ramsay Street, who is next to arrive? Marks third cousin twice removed?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

badirene (01-07-2015), Happyme123 (17-07-2015), tammyy2j (01-07-2015)

Well there is a sister so I'd imagine she will make an appearance at some point!!! But yes TaintedLove I could see that happening with some of the storylines and family members they've brought in before haha ��

Well there is a sister so I'd imagine she will make an appearance at some point!!! But yes TaintedLove I could see that happening with some of the storylines and family members they've brought in before haha 😂

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Neighbours is turning out to be "The Brennan Show' lately. After the Dad leaves Ramsay Street, who is next to arrive? Marks third cousin twice removed?
    hopefully mama brennan

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    hopefully mama brennan

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    hopefully mama brennan
    The mum won't be arriving yet.

There are more Brennan's to come but don't know who yet.

Russell arrives on Australian screens on July 29th and UK screens on August 12th. Russell was still filming in June, so is around for 3 months.

While things are looking up for Mark, there could soon be more trouble on the horizon for the Brennan brothers when their father Russell arrives in Ramsay Street.

Russell, played by Russell Kiefel, will be greeted with a cold reception from his sons, with Aaron particularly vocal about the fact that he doesn't want to be around his dad.

After learning that Mark was responsible for Russell's sudden arrival, Aaron is furious with his brother but Mark defends himself and explains that he didn't issue an invite, but simply asked his father for advice on dealing with Tyler.

Tyler, meanwhile, is also horrified by Russell's unexpected appearance and immediately jumps on his bike and leaves town.

Russell Brennan arrives on Ramsay Street to visit his three sons
    © Channel 5
    Russell Brennan arrives on Ramsay Street

© Channel 5
    Russell's arrival surprises his sons

© Channel 5
    Tyler is shocked to see Russell

Later, Tyler ends up at the Men's Shed, where he is questioned by Karl on why he doesn't want to go back home. Although Karl suspects it may have something to do with Russell's arrival, Tyler remains tight-lipped.

As Mark starts to wonder whether he needs to ask his father to leave in order to appease his brothers, Russell admits to Paige that he is lonely living by himself with no family around him.

Paige insists that it will break Russell's heart if he is told to leave now, leaving Mark with a big dilemma. What will he do?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Thursday August 13 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

I'm really not warming to Russell Brennan....I wonder if he is a ticking timebomb and given the right circumstances he will once again take things out on Tyler. I mean he has a history of violence and this has been glossed over and "all is forgiven?"
    I don't buy it.....I think he could become violent again. Tyler should remain cautious...Mark and Aaron are obviously unaware of their father's prior history with Tyler and somehow I think it will all come out.

Thread Information