Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Jackson (Dean Gaffney)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Shari
    Personally, if Robbie is coming back I would welcome a head transplant!

I agree, this board is for spoiler how ever unlikey that's why it's called a spoiler board!!!!

I would definaltely welcome the head transplant
    Last edited by Angeldelight; 22-03-2005 at 19:41.
    Dennis Rickman 28/08/1974 - 31/12/2005

Quote Originally Posted by *JSW*
    Why do EE think that returning a character with a new head works. It most certainly doesn't it completley makes it unbelievable (even further) and Robbie Fowler wansn't even a very good or popular character so why would they want to bring him back?
    I completely agree that bringing characters back played by different actors is wrong. I personally loved the character of Robbie Jackson (not Fowler, not trying to cause offence, just pointing it out). He wasn't one for major storylines, but I think that was the writers fault not the actor. He was a very supportive loving man. He was great with Sonia, he was very family orientated. I really feel Sonia is in need of him right now.

I hope Robbie comes back but played by Dean Gaffney, it wouldn't be the same if he wasn't.

yeah if they feel they have to bring him back then he has to be played by dean gaffney and not another actor

Quote Originally Posted by Pendlebury
    According to Sky

"Is bin man Robbie Jackson about to return to Albert Square? Apparently he is, but it won't be in the form of Dean Gaffney who played the hapless character for ten years. His sister Sonia, played by Natalie Cassidy, is still there and there are plans to bring Robbie back but with a younger and hunkier actor. Dean told me that he's "more than upset with this decision".
    omg as much as i hated the character robbie and dean gaffery they cant bring him back because he is the one eastender that i can remeber (in my watching time) that got away with a happy life and also how can they explain he has changed his image we saw him at sonias marriage which was about a year ago no one changes that quickly
    Georgie

The Sun ran this story aswell and usually they are fairly reliable with their info on soaps

Quote Originally Posted by bowsie05
    The Sun ran this story aswell and usually they are fairly reliable with their info on soaps
    I don't think The Sun is the most reliable paper in the world. I just can't believe that the writers would even think about replacing Dean Gaffney as Robbie Jackson, he has always played the part well. No other actor would be able to fill his shoes. And having some gorgeous guy play him is unrealistic, how can they expect the audience to believe him and Sonia, Carol etc., are from the same family (I'm not meaning to cause offence to the Jackson family, I love them. it's just EE characters are mean't to look normal, not like models).

I don't think characters should come back played by different actors, not unless it is absolutely neccesairy. The audience could understand the character of Sam being changed, Daniella Westbrook's problem with drugs prevented her from coming back. I think this was the rarest case where the second actress did a better job than the original. Kim Medcalf has done her character justice.

It wouldn't work in the case of Robbie.

Mabye its the fact that Dean gaffney is such a D Head (fill in the gaps!)

If this is true I simpily see EE playing onto the teenyboppers market so to speak. We've seen what 'rewards' have been 'reaped' with characters such as Dennis and Jake and undoubtedly the same would hopefully (in the eyes of the execs) happen here.

It simpily wouldn't work as you say littlemo, it would seem so forced and obvious if you see what I mean? Bringing old characters back full stop is no way to solve EE's problems and head transplants look furtherly desperate.

An EE trying to revert to a 1998 version where all things are rosey just won't work and this is where I fear it is going...

Quote Originally Posted by littlemo
    I don't think characters should come back played by different actors, not unless it is absolutely neccesairy. The audience could understand the character of Sam being changed, Daniella Westbrook's problem with drugs prevented her from coming back. I think this was the rarest case where the second actress did a better job than the original. Kim Medcalf has done her character justice.

It wouldn't work in the case of Robbie.
    I think the Charlie Brook did a blinding job as a second Jannine. Sometimes replacement actors do really well... there is lot from other soaps too.. Tracey and Sarah Lou were both played better 2nd time round

Yeah but they were out for at least 4 years whereas robbie has been out for one its will just be sooo unbelivable
    Georgie

True and you are right.. Robbie is Robbie and can only be played by Dean Gaffney...

Thread Information