Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Robbie Jackson (Dean Gaffney)

It's the return we all knew was coming one day, as EastEnders legend Dean Gaffney has revealed he is heading back to Walford.

The actor – who first appeared on Albert Square in 1993 as affable market trader Robbie Jackson – will reprise his role on the soap over the coming weeks.

"I'm really happy to be back," Dean said.

"I'm so lucky to be given the chance to work again with such a talented group of people. A big thank you to Sean and the team.

"I think it's going to be a lot of fun."

"I'm thrilled to welcome back Dean as Robbie Jackson, one of EastEnders' most loved and most popular characters," added executive producer Sean O'Connor.

"Bridge Street Market has never quite been the same without Robbie policing it in his hi-viz jacket.

"Dean brings a wonderful warmth and fun to his portrayal of Robbie and I'm sure that audiences will take him to their hearts again, just as they have always done."

Dean left the soap in 2003 when Robbie moved to India with his girlfriend Nita, but he made a brief return for Bianca's wedding in 2010.

Robbie returned again in 2015 for Carol's exit storyline, revealing he'd separated from his partner Nita and made the decision to move to Milton Keynes for a fresh start.

At the time, Dean said he wanted a permanent EastEnders return – and it looks like he may have got his wish.
    Last edited by kaz21; 17-04-2017 at 23:23.

Dean Gaffney has revealed more information about his forthcoming Eastenders return.

The actor revealed earlier this year he would be returning to the BBC One soap as the affable market trader Robbie Jackson after a seven-year absence.

However, it looks like we'll be seeing Robbie's darker side...

"Robbie has come back with a vengeance," he told the Radio Times.

"I haven't just come back to order pints in the Vic or cups of tea in the cafe. He's straight back on the square causing some ructions with the market traders."

Robbie will be returning to screens over the coming weeks. He first appeared on Albert Square in 1993, spending a decade in Walford before departing for his girlfriend Nita.

He then made a brief return for Bianca's wedding in 2010 and also came back in 2015 for Carol's exit storyline, revealing he'd separated from Nita and was moving to Milton Keynes for a fresh start.

At the time, Dean said he wanted a permanent EastEnders return – and it looks like he may have got his wish.

"Sean O'Connor, the boss, said in our first meeting he wanted me to come home, which was such a nice thing to say," Dean explained.

"It's a privilege to be asked back because at the end of the day acting is a hard business.

"I've got children I need to put presents under the tree for. And it's a job I did from when I was 15 and I don't any different, and I love it."

He added: "And I need the money!"

Digital Spy

EastEnders might be lining up an online dating story for Robbie Jackson, which could see the hapless market worker find love at last.

Dean Gaffney reprised his role as Sonia's brother Robbie earlier this year and the actor has promised there are some exciting plots on the way for his character.

"There's a good few storylines coming up for Robbie's return", Dean told the Daily Star.

"He's trying to find love, and in the new age of finding love, he may find romance in the same way people nowadays are finding romance."

And asked whether he was referring to online dating, he cheekily replied: "You said it. It could be an Instagram thing. We don't know."

Robbie initially left the soap back in 2003 with his partner Nita Mistry, with whom he went on to have a son. However, upon returning to Walford in 2014, Robbie revealed their marriage had ended, and he later decided to relocate to Milton Keynes.

Speaking to Digital Spy recently about whether Robbie could find romance, Dean said: "I was always asking if he could have a permanent partner.

"Patsy Palmer used to always say that they should go against the grain and get Robbie a fit woman; someone who is walking through the Square and everyone is saying 'Who is that?', 'Robbie's girlfriend'. This absolute worldy. But in my opinion, it never happened."

Digital Spy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Rear window (14-09-2017), tammyy2j (14-09-2017)

I thought he was maybe going to be paired with Donna as they have the love hate arguing going on

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Rear window (14-09-2017)

he is back this week with son sami but does nita know

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/13/dean-...37OA00Ji-zPRKk

Dean Gaffney has reportedly been axed from EastEnders after ‘begging a stranger for sexy pictures.’ The star, who returned a couple of years ago as Robbie Jackson, has already had his final scenes aired as Robbie was seen heading abroad to look after his injured son Sami. Metro.co.uk has approached EastEnders for comment and are awaiting response. According to the Daily Star, Dean said he was using the time to reflect and give himself ‘a step in the right direction’. Bosses allegedly terminated his contract after it was claimed that he contacted a random girl online and asked her for intimate pictures. Dental nurse Theresa Hayman alleged that Gaffney, 41, messaged her on Facebook in the middle of the night asking her for the images of her ‘boobs and bum’. A source stated: ‘Dean knows he’s made some bad decisions and he is working hard to get his life back on track. He split up from his long-term girlfriend and then he lost his job. But he knows he only has himself to blame.

‘He’s always been a popular member of the cast and everyone loves Robbie Jackson so it’s a real shame that he will no longer be on our screens.’ He added: ‘Dean knows that he was given a huge opportunity when he returned to EastEnders full-time two years ago after a number of guest stints. But his break-up with Rebekah hit him hard and he spent a lot of the summer out in Ibiza. Whenever he wasn’t filming he’d be off for the weekend. ‘He was telling friends out there what had been going on and how he was coming to the end of his contract when his bosses found out what he’d done and decided not to renew his contract for now.’ The door has been left open for the actor to return.

Thread Information