Thread: Robbie Jackson (Dean Gaffney)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's the return we all knew was coming one day, as EastEnders legend Dean Gaffney has revealed he is heading back to Walford.

The actor – who first appeared on Albert Square in 1993 as affable market trader Robbie Jackson – will reprise his role on the soap over the coming weeks.

"I'm really happy to be back," Dean said.

"I'm so lucky to be given the chance to work again with such a talented group of people. A big thank you to Sean and the team.

"I think it's going to be a lot of fun."

"I'm thrilled to welcome back Dean as Robbie Jackson, one of EastEnders' most loved and most popular characters," added executive producer Sean O'Connor.

"Bridge Street Market has never quite been the same without Robbie policing it in his hi-viz jacket.

"Dean brings a wonderful warmth and fun to his portrayal of Robbie and I'm sure that audiences will take him to their hearts again, just as they have always done."

Dean left the soap in 2003 when Robbie moved to India with his girlfriend Nita, but he made a brief return for Bianca's wedding in 2010.

Robbie returned again in 2015 for Carol's exit storyline, revealing he'd separated from his partner Nita and made the decision to move to Milton Keynes for a fresh start.

At the time, Dean said he wanted a permanent EastEnders return – and it looks like he may have got his wish.
    Last edited by kaz21; 17-04-2017 at 23:23.

Thread Information