Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Billie Ashford (Tessa De Josselin)

I thought Billie and VJ had very strong chemistry which is part of the reason the storyline really worked for me (the other reasons being that Tessa is such a strong and likeable actor). I was very sad to see Billie go.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 07-04-2017 at 01:36.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (07-04-2017), tayfanatic (07-04-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Was it Tessa's decision to leave or the show's?
    I understand that it was always the shows intention that Tessa/Billie leave this way. Tessa's contract was up, so you assume that they would have told her at some (earlier) stage that her contract wouldn't be extended beyond the original term (but you never know!) - without initially giving her the details of how her character was to leave. However, I did see a couple of articles soon after her last scenes in Australia where Tessa said initially she wasn't happy when the Producers told her about Billies death.

This is an extract from an exclusive interview Script Executive Dan Bennett gave with BTTB in January this year:

BTTB Question: Billie Ashford left Summer Bay, under a cloud and accused of arson, a month into your tenure. Was this originally designed as an exit storyline, or was it always intended for her to return later in the year?

DB Answer: The Billie story you’re seeing now was always my plan.

And this is a Digital Spy article from back in February (I don't think I have posted this before):

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home...ath-storyline/

Home and Away star wasn't happy about character's death: "I was bummed out when they told me"

"I wanted her to go on and do great things."

Warning: This article contains big spoilers for a storyline which won't air in the UK for another six weeks.

Home and Away star Tessa de Josselin has admitted that she was unhappy when she learned that her character Billie Ashford would be killed off.

Heartbreaking scenes recently airing in Australia saw Billie die in the arms of her partner VJ Patterson, after being diagnosed with terminal cancer the day before.

Fans have been waiting for Billie's exit scenes since August last year, when paparazzi photographers took pictures of her memorial on location.

The leak had confirmed Billie would die, but viewers then watched her storylines play out for nearly six months due to the way the show films.

Billie's death paves the way for Tessa to head over to LA – like many Home and Away alumni before her – but the actress has revealed that she would have preferred her character to leave in a different way.

Speaking toTV Week, she said: "When the producers told me she was going to die, I was bummed out. I wanted her to go on to do great things

"But I wasn't disappointed in her ending. It was an interesting turn and she was able to find her peace. You have to remind yourself it's just a story. It's lovely to know people cared about her as much as I did.

"It's sad to see someone you've built, lived and breathed for so long not be around. It was sad to see her go and she'll be missed."

Home and Away's UK audience will see Billie's final scenes in early April. The show airs at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 07-04-2017 at 05:31.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-04-2017)

I'm amazed they got rid of one of their best young actors when they keep on some really dire ones! What a waste of a good character.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (07-04-2017), lizann (07-04-2017), Pantherboy (07-04-2017)

Thread Information