Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Mayhew (Daniel Brocklebank)

Coronation Street's Billy the Vicar is going nowhere as Daniel Brocklebank signs a new contract
    "I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface of storylines."
    Fans of Billy the Vicar on Coronation Street will be delighted that actor Daniel Brocklebank has recently signed a new contract that will keep him on the ITV soap.
    The star revealed that he feels "very settled" and is excited about the storylines coming up.
    "I've never stayed anywhere longer than two years, but I feel very settled at Coronation Street," he said (via The Mirror).
    "I just signed a contract taking me until next October and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface of storylines.
    "The initial plan was the church wasn't happy with Billy being in a gay relationship and he'd move away. I said, 'Really? You've just brought in a gay vicar, let's do something really exciting with this – I'm not afraid of rocking the boat'."
    Brocklebank added that he was proud to be part of progressive storylines on the show, and recalled a time when a fan came up and revealed how impactful the writing has been.
    "I feel proud of the adoption storyline and proud to represent my community," he explained. "Last year at Euston station, a woman burst into tears and threw her arms around me and said, 'Thank you, you've helped my son so much'.
    "I thought, 'My god, if I've helped just one person, then it's all worth it'. Growing up I didn't have any of that, so it makes me proud that I can make a difference."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (09-09-2017)

dark sinister past for billy teases kate oates - daily mail

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    dark sinister past for billy teases kate oates - daily mail
    Every soap character has a dark side to them and it will always be revealed at some time once the character has settled in ...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (09-09-2017), parkerman (07-09-2017)

Why do they keep hinting at a dark past. Not the first time they have done this. It does not matter one jot all that matters is what he is now

7. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

LouiseP (09-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Why do they keep hinting at a dark past. Not the first time they have done this. It does not matter one jot all that matters is what he is now
    Because in soapland the past matters and comes back to haunt you !

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (09-09-2017), LouiseP (09-09-2017), swmc66 (09-09-2017)

he gets arrested which harms his adoption of summer - it in new trailer

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    he gets arrested which harms his adoption of summer - it in new trailer
    What does he get arrested for?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    What does he get arrested for?
    i think related to drugs and his brother

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (21-09-2017)

Coronation Street's Billy Mayhew will apparently be exposed as having been involved in the death of a past character.

Late last month, it was reported that viewers would soon discover that the local vicar had a secret connection with another member of the street — although few would have expected that connection to be so dark.

According to The Sun, Billy (Daniel Brocklebank) will confess to his boyfriend Todd Grimshaw (Bruno Langley) that he killed Ken Barlow's daughter Susan (Joanna Foster).

Susan was thought to have died in a road accident back in 2001, while fleeing a vengeful Mike Baldwin (Johnny Briggs) with their son Adam (then played by Agents of SHIELD's Iain De Caestecker). Adam only suffered minor injuries.

However, the truth will come out 16 years later when Billy reveals that he's to blame for Susan's death, and admits to having been miserable all these years living so close to Ken Barlow and his family.

When approached for comment on the reports that Billy's secret will be revealed as part of a dramatic Christmas storyline, a spokesperson for Coronation Street said: "We do not comment on storyline speculation."

Billy Mayhew worries about Summer in Coronation Street
    © ITV

Daniel Brocklebank arrived on the cobbles as the friendly vicar three years ago, but it's been far from smooth sailing for his character. Billy started as a love interest for Sean Tully (Antony Cotton), before his true feelings for Todd Grimshaw came to light and led to a heartbreaking custody battle.

Digital Spy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (02-10-2017)

He was the other driver then? Hardly a murder case if she was driving like crazy to get away from Mike. Now i feel like watching scenes with barlows and billy as he i am sure he acts normal around them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (02-10-2017)

Thread Information