Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Preston

tristian gemmill from casualty cast as him

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (10-05-2015)

Former Casualty star Tristan Gemmill is joining the cast of Coronation Street as a show regular.

The actor has landed the role of Robert Preston, who is the ex-husband of scheming Tracy Barlow.

Tristan Gemmill
    © ITV
    Tristan Gemmill

Robert will return to Tracy's life in the summer when he turns up unexpectedly at the funeral of her mum Deirdre.

With Tracy grieving following her mother's sudden death and also newly-single after splitting from Tony Stewart, she quickly seeks comfort by falling back into Robert's arms.

However, if Tracy harbours any hopes for a full reunion with Robert, it won't be easy for her as he is still married to his second wife - something he has neglected to tell her. Played by former Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding, Robert's wife quickly joins him in Weatherfield to fight for her man.

Chef Robert will settle into life on the Street by landing a job at the Bistro, but fans will have to tune in to find out whether he manages to win Tracy around after his initial deception.

Gemmill has landed a one-year deal with Coronation Street, ensuring that there is plenty of drama to come for him on the cobbles.

Speaking of his casting, he commented: "I'm excited to be joining such an iconic show. Coronation Street is a great British institution and it will be a huge challenge to meet the expectations of its devoted audience. But it is a challenge I am really looking forward to."

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn added: "Tristan is a fantastic and classy actor who will bring a real gravitas to the role of Robert Preston. We're all delighted to have him on board and I can't wait to see him striding down those famous cobbles."

Gemmill will start filming at Coronation Street this week and appear on screen from July. He is best known for playing Adam Trueman on Casualty for four years.

Robert tied the knot with Tracy in 1996, but they divorced after Tracy had an affair in 2002. Actor Julian Kay previously portrayed the character.

Corrie insiders revealed the return of Robert in early April, when an actor had yet to be cast in the role.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (10-05-2015), tammyy2j (10-05-2015)

I would like to see him with Carla or Leanne

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    I was watching Corrie then, and I've googled this character, but I still have no idea who he is!
    I too have no idea who this is, maybe it was a time when i was bored and skipped some epsiodes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    one thing is for sure, Tristan is a much better actor than Nick and a few others I could name, he was good in London's Burning, so let us hope, he brings a bit of fire to Corra!!

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    one thing is for sure, Tristan is a much better actor than Nick and a few others I could name, he was good in London's Burning, so let us hope, he brings a bit of fire to Corra!!

Joni presents Robert with some legal documents that assign everything they own over to her. But when one door closes...
    Ken treats Tracy to lunch in the Bistro and they are both impressed by the food. But when Leanne introduces them to the new chef, Tracy is gobsmacked when she comes face to face with Robert!

Coronation Street returnee Robert Preston will be rocked next week as he discovers the truth about the Victoria Court fire.

Robert pushes his girlfriend Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) into confessing to him after he starts to realise that she may have been involved in causing the blaze.

Everyone on the Street currently blames Carla Connor's negligence for the terrible accident, but Robert shows that he's no fool when he spots tell-tale signs that Tracy was the real culprit.

Evidence of Tracy's guilt becomes clear to Robert when a memorial auction is held at the Bistro in memory of Maddie Heath, who died as a result of the fire.

Tristan Gemmill, who plays Robert, revealed: "When the memorial auction takes place at the Bistro, Robert comes across a drunk Carla. At first he just feels a bit sorry for her, but when he sees Tracy's reaction to Carla's behaviour, it suddenly doesn't seem so clear-cut.

"Tracy is very sympathetic, which isn't the Tracy he knows and he can't work out why she's so upset by Carla's recklessness. He starts to quiz Tracy about Carla's behaviour and why she can't deal with the consequences of the fire. He also quizzes Tracy about her sympathetic reaction, as he can't work out why she's responding to Carla in that way.

"He grills Tracy about her behaviour but she becomes more and more evasive, and suddenly the penny starts to drop for Robert that maybe she had something to do with the fire. He says, 'As long as you tell me the truth I'll support you, but no more lies'. Circumstances come to a head and Tracy has no choice but to tell Robert the truth. He forces her hand, really.

"Tracy tells Robert that she was in the flat and she left a candle burning. The only bit where there's a grey area is when he asks her why she went round there - did she want to harm Carla? Tracy says no, but the audience know Tracy clearly contemplated doing something bad. That's the thing he wrestles with, but if he's to make a go of their relationship, he has to believe her. I guess he wants to believe her."

Once Tracy reveals all, Robert becomes adamant that she should confess to Carla so the troubled businesswoman will stop punishing herself for the recent tragedy.

Gemmill added: "Robert thinks that Carla is going through a whole bunch of pain that could be alleviated if Tracy told the truth. His concern is more a moral concern for Carla's wellbeing - he wants Tracy to tell Carla that it wasn't her fault so she can move on with her life. He wants Tracy to end Carla's suffering.

"Whether it changes Robert's feelings for Tracy is an interesting one and I don't know what will happen down the line. It's the sort of thing that will always be there, but Robert knows the Tracy of old - when she was much younger and before a lot of the really bad stuff happened.

"He knows the real person beneath. Maybe he thinks he can save her from herself. I think he's also attracted to the danger, the air of unpredictability - maybe there's a bit of that in himself. I think it will take him a bit of time to decide if they have a future. It will definitely influence the course of their relationship."

Coronation Street airs Tracy's confession to Robert on Wednesday, September 2 at 7.30pm on ITV.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-08-2015), maidmarian (25-08-2015), tammyy2j (25-08-2015)

mad if he thinks she will confess to Carla

13. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (26-08-2015)

Robert Preston puts himself in the firing line with Tracy Barlow in next week’s Coronation Street
    Tracy has already had her nose put out of joint by her boyfriend’s closeness with Leanne, and things get worse next week, But the Corrie killer appears to have got the wrong end of the stick because Robert is only supporting Leanne over her clash with Simon Barlow.

Robert Preston [TRISTAN GEMMILL] admits to Tracy Barlow [KATE FORD] how he accompanied Simon to his counselling, he’s surprised how calmly she takes the news. Determined to get through to the troubled teen, Robert gives Simon a pep talk and persuades him to attend another counselilng session. Simon agrees on condition Robert goes with him, which he agrees. But Tracy’s gutted when Robert sends her a text cancelling their drink and then spots him leaving in a cab with Leanne and Simon. When Robert admits to Tracy how he accompanied Simon to his counselling, he’s surprised how calmly she takes the news, unaware she’s been secretly seeing her ex Rob Donovan in prison.
    As the week draws to a close it seems Robert’s help hasn’t worked as in a strop, Simon tells Leanne he’s had enough of counselling and it’s a waste of time.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

15. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-12-2015)

Thread Information