Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Windsor

Ben Freeman (aka Scott) On Rape Charge

Happy New Year SoapBoards!

u can well and truly assume hes gonna be fired now stupid boy
    they wouldnt have charged him if there was no truth or evidence
    so i can well and truly believe it

The Foreign Office has confirmed that Emmerdale actor Ben Freeman was charged with rape while on holiday in Barbados.

He was arrested on the Carribean island earlier this week after an allegation was made by a British woman, a spokeswoman explained.

"A female British national has reported an alleged rape," she said. "That was reported to the Barbadian police on Wednesday.

"The accused is also a British national and we can confirm his details. The next of kin are aware and both individuals are receiving consular assistance."

Windsor, who plays Scott Windsor in the soap, was due in court on Friday but the hearing was postponed, and no details of a further date are available.

Katie Threlfall, Freeman's agent, said she had not been able to speak to the star. She added: "We cannot confirm the details of the story at the moment."

The News of the World said he was holidaying at the Almond Beach Village in the country.

Hope he gets what he deserves by the sounds of it he's had it coming to him, given his behaviour. Surprised that Emmerdale haven't booted him out ages ago, so here's hoping they do so now.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

If he is found guilty then he derserves everything he gets. I'm not defending him or anything (I cant stand him) but he is still innocent until proven guilty. It may turn out that the 'victim' changed her mind after sleeping with a soap star.

Strange how the private lives of soap stars often reflect their own screen persona
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45
    If he is found guilty then he derserves everything he gets. I'm not defending him or anything (I cant stand him) but he is still innocent until proven guilty. It may turn out that the 'victim' changed her mind after sleeping with a soap star.

Strange how the private lives of soap stars often reflect their own screen persona
    A thought did cross my mind and that is a while ago Chris Quentin (Ex-corrie) was also accused of rape but has since been cleared.

Yes I believe Innocent until proven guilty, but his track record of sleeping around and cheating on girlfriends is hardly going to help him.

Whatever the outcome I don't think that his "off-screen" behaviour is appropriate for a "Well Known" actor in a top soap.

Until the Debbie storyline I hated him totally but started to warm to him a little during this storyline, however I now have gone back to disliking him both as an actor and a character.
    Last edited by Babe14; 04-12-2006 at 11:31.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14
    Whatever the outcome I don't think that his "off-screen" behaviour is appropriate for a "Well Known" actor in a top soap.

Until the Debbie storyline I hated him totally but started to warm to him a little during this storyline, however I now have gone back to disliking him both as an actor and a character.
    I agree with your sentiments. I cannot stand the character at all.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Let's hope Emmerdale see sense and ditch Runt Boy now, even if he is innocent of all charges.

at first i was a bit wary as it was the news of the world. but i doubt they would lie about something like that. He should get the boot as i dont htink it is the forst time he has been in the press for not the nicest things.

If he is gulty then he should be fired right away. Look at both Chris Quentin and John Lesley their careers where ended by allegations. If ben is found gulty then he should be punished like everyone else

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information