Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The X Factor UK 2015

The X Factor UK 2015

Dermot O’Leary has left his presenting role on The X Factor, saying it is “time for me to move on”.

The star, who has been a mainstay of the hit ITV talent show for eight years and also presents a show on Radio 2, thanked show supremo Simon Cowell.

He said: “After eight wonderful years on The X Factor it’s time for me to move on. I’d like to thank ITV, Simon, The X Factor family and particularly the viewers, all of whom have been a big part of my life for so long.

“I’d like to wish the team all the best for the future, especially whoever takes over from me. You’re about to be the conductor on the most brilliant, runaway train in showbiz. Good luck you’ll love it!”

Olly Murs and Caroline Flack are to be the new presenters of The X Factor, becoming the first ever duo to host the hit singing show.

Olly and Caroline will bring their chemistry and charm to the show, having previously co-hosted The Xtra Factor on ITV2. They will be on hand at every stage of the audition process to congratulate and console the budding singers who are vying to be the next big superstar. They will also be tasked with keeping the judges in order, once the live shows start.

Olly Murs, said: “I'm incredibly excited and proud to be returning to The X Factor alongside Caroline. I love the show and it kick-started my career in music which has given me the opportunity to do what I love. I already have the best job in the world and it's about to get better - I can't wait to get started and be part of finding some amazing new talent!”

Caroline Flack, said: "I'm beyond excited about presenting The X Factor with Olly. To have the privilege of doing this with someone who makes me laugh out loud is a massive bonus!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (17-04-2015)

I'm pleased they will be presenting. I really enjoyed watching them on the Xtra Factor show, and Olly is a great entertainer. I saw him live a few weeks ago.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaVeyWaVey For This Useful Post:

Perdita (17-04-2015), tammyy2j (19-04-2015)

ive no interest in a judging or presenting role this year think the show is done even with likeable olly and caroline back
    Last edited by lizann; 17-04-2015 at 23:07.

After 11 years on the show, it seems Louis Walsh will not be returning to The X Factor judging panel.

There’s been speculation over his job ever since the end of the last series, but now reports seem to confirm he’s been sacked.

According to The Sun, Simon Cowell told Louis personally he wouldn’t be needed for the next series

An insider told the paper: ‘Viewers had become sick of Louis’s constant use of tired clichés and the same old jokes.

‘He’d been doing it for 11 years and it seemed like he was just going through the motions.’

With Mel B and Louis out of the picture, it means X Factor bosses are frantically searching for two new faces to join Simon and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini for the next series.

And the bookies seem to have former contestant, One Direction star Louis Tomlinson, as a favourite to become a judge.

An X Factor spokesman said: ‘No formal decisions have been made regarding the full panel for this year’s series.’

Sarah-Jane Crawford has waved goodbye to The Xtra Factor and will not be returning for the next series.

The star was only a part of the talent contest for a year, after joining the ITV2 spinoff show as presenter in 2014.

Nick Grimshaw and Rita Ora are officially joining The X Factor judging panel.

The BBC Radio 1 DJ and 'RIP' singer will appear alongside returning judges Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Simon Cowell for this year's singing competition.

Nick Grimshaw & Rita Ora
    © Getty Images / Samir Hussein
    Nick Grimshaw and Rita Ora are new X Factor judges: For and Against

Voice UK coach Ora said: "I am excited to be coming back to The X Factor - I had a ball here in 2012. This is a journey I can't wait to embark on to find some talented singers. It's the new generation taking over. Boom!"

Grimshaw added: "I love X Factor and have watched the series religiously since it started, so obviously I'm hugely excited to be joining the show.

"Music is my job and my passion and I'm really looking forward to seeing what talent we can find and nurture this year. I can't wait for Judges' Houses in Oldham!"

It was widely rumoured that the duo would be replacing show icon Louis Walsh and last year's judge Mel B, with Walsh himself admitting that there was a "great, great chance Grimmy will get [his] job".

Fernandez-Versini, who returns to the panel for her fifth series, said of the new line-up: "I haven't been as excited about an X Factor season since I first became a judge.

"The addition of Rita and Grimmy along with some interesting changes we've made to the format has refocused us to do what we do best, finding talent and making stars. I cannot wait to get started!"

Show boss Cowell added: "It's taken a while! But I am very happy to be able to confirm our line-up of judges for The X Factor this year. The combination of Nick, Cheryl and Rita is going to be a lot of fun!

"I have a feeling I am in for a bit of a rough time but sometimes you have to embrace the craziness and now, with luck, we hope to find a star."

Olly Murs and Caroline Flack will host The X Factor
    © ITV / Syco / Thames TV

Before the news was officially announced, 75% of Digital Spy readers said they didn't want Grimshaw on The X Factor judging panel.

Ora recently appeared as a coach on rival BBC One singing competition The Voice UK, and first appeared on The X Factor in 2012 as a guest judge.

The X Factor returns to ITV in the autumn, with Caroline Flack and Olly Murs taking over from Dermot O'Leary as co-hosts.

Rochelle Humes and Melvin Odoom confirmed as Xtra Factor hosts

Enter The X Factor's secret underground lab in the first advert for this year's series.

The new promo - which will be shown tonight on ITV at 7.30pm before Coronation Street - will see the show's new presenting duo Caroline Flack and Olly Murs discover the secret formula of the popular singing competition.

New judge Nick Grimshaw is shown being fitted with a special judging microchip, but he soon realises he has last year's model when he can't stop saying: "You look like a popstar, you sound like a popstar."

Fellow newbie Rita Ora is shown sitting through feedback training, while Cheryl Fernandez-Versini has been turned into a robot and multiplied for every possible emotional outcome during the series.

The X Factor 2015: 8 stars who could replace 'Voiceover Man' Peter Dickson on the show

Simon Cowell also appears to have found his holy grail , boasting: "I've already found this year's winner. It's a group.

"Girls are going to love them, boys are going to love them, bigger than One Direction."

The camera then reveals a duo that Simon is more than familiar with - his pet dogs Squiddly and Diddly.

'Voiceover Man' Peter Dickson recently announced that he would not be voicing this year's series, after being with The X Factor since it debuted in 2004.

Dickson's departure was just the latest in the wide series of changes the show has seen this year, with Mel B and Louis Walsh leaving the judging panel and Dermot O'Leary stepping down as host.

Sarah-Jane Crawford also left The Xtra Factor, with Rochelle Humes and Melvin Odoom taking over hosting duties on the ITV2 spinoff show.

The X Factor returns to ITV this autumn.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/...#ixzz3hkxpweuD

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-08-2015)

Thread Information