Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Drinkwell (Ross Adams)

scott is arrested for grooming and assaulting ollie as buster sets him up

Where is Scott now?

He is so fragile and vulnerable, still needs help

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...rinkwell-exit/

Hollyoaks star Ross Adams has announced that he's leaving the show after nine years playing fan favourite Scott Drinkwell.

The actor shared the big news with fans in a statement on his Instagram page, confirming that he has made the difficult decision to bow out at the end of his current contract.

Ross explained: "After nearly a decade, I have made the decision to leave Hollyoaks.

"It was always a dream of mine to act in a soap and playing Scott Drinkwell (and his alter-ego Anita Tinkle) made that dream a reality. It has been a joy and allowed me to do things I could never have dreamed of; from winning a British Soap Award, to writing an episode last year.

"I love the show; the wonderful cast and one of the most dedicated crews in the business ? all of whom are having a pretty rough time at the moment. So, deciding not to sign another contract was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make."

He added: "Sometimes though, you've just got to be brave ? and now feels like the right time for me to try some other things that I've been super keen to do. I really hope you'll all come with me for the ride!"

Digital Spy understands that Ross will film his final scenes in May ahead of an on-screen departure in the summer.

Over the years, Scott has become one of Hollyoaks' most popular and versatile characters after taking centre stage in a classic soap mix of comedic and dramatic storylines.

In 2016, Ross was nominated for Best Comedy Performance at the British Soap Awards after his first year in the show.

In 2018, Ross won the Best Male Dramatic Performance prize at the annual ceremony. This followed his powerful work on a storyline which saw Scott attempt to take his own life after battling depression.

Other storyline highlights have included Scott's emotional search for his biological mother, finding his long-lost brother Damon Kinsella, marrying Mitchell Deveraux and entertaining the village as his drag alter ego Anita.

More recently, storylines have focused on Scott's experiences as a foster father to Vicky Grant and Miley Carson, as well as working at the local youth club.

ross is leaving as scott, id say likely with staff cuts for show episodes cut a mass cull of exits

Thread Information