Thread: Ordinary Lies

Ordinary Lies

Danny Brocklehurst’s new BBC One drama series Ordinary Lies will premiere on Tuesday March 17th at 9pm, it has been announced.

Created by Brocklehurst, Ordinary Lies focuses on the diverse staff of a car showroom and explores how desperation can lead to drastic solutions, even in the most everyday of workplaces. The series reveals the extraordinary, gradual unravelling of each individual’s torrid lies and secrets which, on occasion, lead to life-shattering consequences.

The six episode drama, which has been in the works at the BBC since as far back as 2013, is produced by Red Production Company and stars Max Beesley (Strike Back), Michelle Keegan (Coronation Street), Jason Manford (Little Crackers), Mackenzie Crook (Pirates of the Caribbean), Jo Joyner (EastEnders), Rebecca Callard (Glue), Sally Lindsay (Mount Pleasant), Belinda Stewart-Wright (The Inbetweeners), Shazad Latif (Spooks), Shaun Dooley (Misfits) and Fisayo Akinade (Cucumber).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-03-2015)

Did anyone watch the first episode of this? I recorded it and have watched it. The first episode was ok, but it wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. He was late for work, so decided to make up the lie that his wife died! It was so ridiculous! Who would even do that?! But I thought I would carry on watching and go along with the ride... It was alright. I didn't feel any sympathy at all for Jason Manford's character though, even after he broke down on the phone to his wife. I just thought he was a total and utter prat.

I will keep watching this series though, as I do like the concept of it with everyone having secrets and each episode focuses on a different character. It's Michelle Keegan's character next week.

Did anyone watch the first episode of this? I recorded it and have watched it. The first episode was ok, but it wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. He was late for work, so decided to make up the lie that his wife died! It was so ridiculous! Who would even do that?! But I thought I would carry on watching and go along with the ride... It was alright. I didn't feel any sympathy at all for Jason Manford's character though, even after he broke down on the phone to his wife. I just thought he was a total and utter prat.

I will keep watching this series though, as I do like the concept of it with everyone having secrets and each episode focuses on a different character. It's Michelle Keegan's character next week.

I've recorded it but not watched it yet. I'm not really sure if I will because I'm so behind in my viewing and this has had only so-so reviews from what I've seen (to which you've now added your voice, Davey).

I am interested to see Michelle Keegan in another role though. I always liked Corrie's Tina until her character was ruined to facilitate her exit.

too much jason manford first episode for my liking

Love Danny brocklehurst . I've not seen it yet as I'm away but looking forward to seeing it when I get home!!

When is Ordinary Lies on TV?
    Ordinary Lies will be returning to BBC1 for a second six-part series, as exclusively revealed by RadioTimes.com last year. We know it started filming in Newport in March and will be back on our screens this autumn, watch this space for an official launch date due later this week.

Where is series two set?
    The first series delved into the dark and secretive lives of colleagues at a car showroom but he setting has completely changed for the second series. This time the spotlight will be cast on a group of employees at a call centre and warehouse of a sports sales company in Wales.

Who are the brand new cast?
    Gone are the stars of series one – Michelle Keegan, Max Beesley, Jo Joyner, Jason Manford and Mackenzie Crook – and in their place will be Angela Griffin (Inspector Lewis), Rebekah Staton (Raised By Wolves), Matt Di Angelo (EastEnders), Kimberley Nixon (Fresh Meat), Con O’Neill (Happy Valley) and Joel Fry (Game Of Thrones).
    Welsh comedian and TV presenter Griff Rhys Jones is also set to star, heading up an ensemble which also includes Jill Halfpenny (In The Club), Elen Rhys (Silent Witness), Gareth Pierce (Stella), Luke Bailey (Casualty) and former Hear’Say singer Noel Sullivan.

What's the storyline?
    Each of the six episodes will explore one of the characters' tangled webs of torrid secrets and lies. The first episode sees the head of sales, Joe Brierley (O’Neill), go to extreme measures to spy on his family when he suspects his wife of having an affair. Installing hidden cameras in his home in an act of desperation, will he soon realise that ignorance is bliss?
    His suspicious actions are noticed by the general manager, Jenna Moss (Griffin), who has a murky past of her own. And her insecure PA, Holly Pryce (Nixon), already feels that others' lives are more exciting than her own: little did she know quite how exciting they'd be.
    Meanwhile, down in the warehouse, thick-skinned forklift driver Wendy Walker (Staton) proves she'll go to any lengths to protect her loved ones; prankster warehouse manager Toke (Fry) has an alter-ego that puts his generous nature to the test; and one half of office couple, warehouse picker Fletch (Di Angelo), finds his happy marriage threatened when he is reunited with his estranged father.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...ries-two-on-tv

Series 2 starts on BBC 1 on Tuesday 18th October at 9pm

Episode one was great!! I didn't see that coming at the end Con ONeil is an excellent actor!! Looking forward to the next episode. Danny Broklehurst never disappoints!!

Thread Information