Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrissie White Sugden

Oh Lord. They would need a much better actress. One who is capable of more than one expression and has a variety of emotions and voices.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Sounds like he thinks Chrissie could become a classic soap bitch, one to rival charity but not that there are plans to do that at the moment. I think Louise Marwood is capable of pulling that off any so that's good whatever happens. Also looking forward to the home farm summer storyline with Rakesh, priya and Nicole. All actors involved are excellent so that should be a good storyline.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 02ablake For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-03-2016)

Emmerdale's Chrissie Sugden will vow to quit the village next week after she hears a shocking confession from her dad Lawrence White.

Chrissie is pushed to breaking point when her search for answers over her past leads to tears, turmoil and tension with Lawrence.

Viewers recently saw Chrissie discover that Lawrence (John Bowe) may not be her biological father, which left her questioning everything she ever knew about her background.

Next week, Chrissie steps up her search for answers when she asks Lawrence for a DNA sample - but he responds with an unexpected revelation that shocks her to the core.

© ITV
    Chrissie tells Lawrence she wants a DNA sample

© ITV
    Lawrence has some shocking news for Chrissie

Emmerdale fans will have to tune in to find out what Lawrence tells Chrissie, but it's something that will have a huge influence on her search moving forward.

Louise Marwood, who plays Chrissie, revealed: "Because Chrissie has found out that Lawrence has been lying to her for her whole life, she feels that everything is a lie.

"This is about identity and finding out who Chrissie is. She wants her father's identity to be confirmed in black and white, so it's solid. It's something for her to cling onto.

"When Chrissie hears the shock confession from Lawrence, she just wants to get away from him and says that she's leaving. I don't think she means it, though - it's just a threat. Chrissie doesn't really know what else to say. She's lashing out at Lawrence in that moment."

In a classic case of soap bad timing, Ronnie Hale later arrives at Home Farm and Lawrence is stunned when he realises that he recently did some plumbing work for Chrissie.

© ITV
    Lawrence pales to learn Ronnie did some work for Chrissie

Hoping that money will solve this problem, Lawrence writes Ronnie a cheque to stay out of their lives - but is disappointed when Ronnie immediately tears it up and refuses to be bribed.

© ITV
    Lawrence covers his shock as Bernice shows Ronnie in

When Chrissie later demands an answer from Lawrence on who her biological dad is and he seems reluctant to spill the beans, it's clear that they could stay at loggerheads for a long time to come.

Amid the family drama, the only positive news for Chrissie is that her relationship with Andy Sugden (Kelvin Fletcher) seems to be going from strength to strength - which leads to her telling the farmer that she loves him.

Marwood added: "Andy has been amazing. He's been her rock and I don't think she'd be able to do it without him. Chrissie tells Andy that she loves him because he's been there the whole time and been really supportive.

© ITV
    Chrissie tells Andy she loves him

"Because of everything that's happened, it's moved their relationship on much quicker. She's developed strong feelings for him, because he's really solid while everything else in her life is really confusing.

"I think Andy feels the same way about Chrissie, because she's been really supportive towards him. I do think they have a future together, but it'd be interesting to see what would happen if life was normal for them.

"Everything has been so heightened, so it'd be interesting to see how they'd get along if it was just day-to-day stuff and once the honeymoon period has passed. If they were being normal and domestic, would they have anything in common? I don't know!"

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...ce-confession/

Chrissie returns with Andy their trip to Spain more determined than ever to find out if Lawrence is her biological dad. Having been consumed by doubt since her dad told her that he had an open marriage with her mum [Ellen White], Chrissie tells Andy she's going to organise a DNA test.

'She's found out her dad's been lying to her for her whole life', explains Louise Marwood, who plays Chrissie, referring to Lawrence's open marriage. 'So now it's about identity and finding out who she really is. She wants to do the test to have it in black and white.'

But what if Chrissie's worst fears come true and she discovers that Lawrence isn't her biological dad? 'She would be devastated,' says Louise. 'She would question everything in her life.'

After agonising about it, Chrissie finally plucks up the courage to ask Lawrence for a DNA sample - but nothing prepares her for his shock bombshell response...

Chrissie's left reeling and turns to Andy for support. Devastated by her dad's words, and feeling closer to her boyfriend than ever, Chrissie tells Andy she loves him. But does Andy feel the same way? And what will he say when Chrissie announces that she wants to escape Emmerdale to distance herself from the heartbreak Lawrence has caused?

'Andy is Chrissie's rock at the moment,' adds Louise. 'He's been there for her through all the turmoil and she's developed very strong feelings for him very fast.'

By What's on TV, 30 April - 6 May 2016

Emmerdale airs the scene with Lawrence and Chrissie on Wed 4 May at 7pm on ITV.

What's on TV online published this early this morning (29 April):

- Andy has harsh words for Chrissie who wants to lash out at Lawrence in the wake of his revelation that he's NOT her father. Can he convince his girlfriend that she’s making a mistake?

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/emmerdale...t-for-how-long

TW:

What's on TV is usually OK for reliable spoilers so I assume for now that this one is true. What it says does agree for now with all of the hints from other sources that Lawrence drops a verbal bombshell and that Chrissie later wants to leave Emmerdale.

I did wonder about what Lawrence would say, I thought he might say something to her like "I don't know..." if he is Chrissie's father or not. Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that Ronnie Hale is Chrissie's father, as Ronnie may have been one of several affairs by Ellen?

Whatever happens, I think Andy will tell Chrissie that Lawrence has always been her dad and been there to love her. Of course, Andy (Hopwood) was adopted by Jack and Sarah Sugden years ago and they seem to have, at least at times anyway, thought more of Andy as a son than they thought of in Robert (Jack was Robert's father, Pat Sugden was Robert's mother, Sarah was Robert's adoptive-mother). I think that this similar history of having and adoptive dad will bring Andy and Chrissie closer together, which I for one would be happy with as I think that they make a great couple. Maybe Andy and Chrissie even get married in a while...?
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 29-04-2016 at 09:24.

Is Ronnie her father?

Emmerdale is lining up Home Farm hell this summer, as Lachlan White commits a shocking crime and Chrissie Sugden begins her transformation into a soap bitch.

Show bosses have decided to put the iconic estate right back at the centre of the action, with some massive twists and turns ahead over the next few weeks.

The troubling times begin when Chrissie's new partner Andy betrays her while their relationship is 'on a break', seeking comfort elsewhere as he sleeps with his old flame Bernice.

When Chrissie finds out, it's a classic case of a woman scorned - and the perfect opportunity for revenge could present itself when her troublesome son Lachlan shoots his grandfather Lawrence in a shocking showdown at home.

Lachlan lets his dark side re-emerge after weeks of family dramas finally take their toll on him. However, his actions could have bigger consequences than anyone expected when Chrissie launches a joint plan to protect him and get her revenge on Andy in the process.

With the stakes so high, could Andy be framed for a crime he didn't commit?

Emmerdale's series producer Iain MacLeod teased: "It's one of our biggest storylines this summer. It's a massive crisis at Home Farm and a question of loyalties from Chrissie. It's whether or not she can stand by and continue to believe that, deep down, Lachlan is a good kid or whether she is watching him increasingly turning into a monster.

"It's a really interesting family story with big secrets at the heart of it all. And, as if life wasn't hard enough for Chrissie, on the other side of the forest Andy is going to break her heart in spectacular fashion.

"What we're going to do with Chrissie after that point is to transition her into a slightly different chapter of her life. She has been destroyed by Robert and just about managed to trust again with Andy. She let him put her heart back together again, but he's smashed that as well - and something in Chrissie snaps.

"We are going to see a sharper, funnier, bitchier, harder, classic queen bee soap bitch character evolving over the summer. We're excited about it."

But what actually drives Lachlan to target his own grandfather?

Explaining further, MacLeod revealed: "The Lachlan story all stems from the Lawrence secret about who Ronnie is. Lachlan finds that out, as does everyone else at some point, and it creates a massive catastrophe. Lawrence slightly loses his grip a little bit - we see him in his lawn taking pot shots at items of his home furnishings, fired out of a clay pigeon cannon!

"That impacts on Lachlan the most, as Lawrence has become his most clear father figure and when that relationship breaks down, Lachlan finds that heartbreaking.

"To a degree, Lawrence starts venting his own agonies onto his family and Lachlan bears the brunt of that, so he ends up in a kind of murderous rage with his granddad.

"Basically he just wants his granddad to say 'I love you' and the rage will dissipate, but Lawrence is unable to do that at this point in his life so the situation escalates, shall we say, given there's a gun discharged. "

MacLeod also joked that the first inspiration for Chrissie's revenge storyline came when Louise Marwood, who plays her, showed off her shorter haircut on set.

He laughed: "The idea came to us when Louise came in with her new bob. We loved it and thought 'she looks like a killer bitch', so essentially it's the first ever soap storyline that's been inspired by a haircut. No, I'm joking of course!

"It's going to be a fantastic new direction for Chrissie and the Whites more generally. The first power play that Chrissie makes is to seek revenge on Andy for breaking her heart.

"So she attempts to ruin his life, but all the while standing by him, going to bed with him at night and pretending that she is his staunch supporter, but behind the scenes she's manoeuvring to try and ruin him. That's a really big thing coming over the next few months."

Digital Spy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (23-06-2016)

louise needs many acting classes to pull this off if she can

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

alan45 (23-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    louise needs many acting classes to pull this off if she can
    She has no chance of pulling it off. She could never play a bitch. Spoilt Brat more likely. Lucky, Lacky, Locky or whatever his name is should have killed her and then committed suicide

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

binky321 (23-06-2016), lizann (23-06-2016)

oh my louise's acting is getting worse

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    oh my louise's acting is getting worse
    It really is. She was totally pathetic tonight. Even my wife agrees with me.

Thread Information