Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrissie White Sugden

Not sure i like the sound of this storyline but again Chrissie is a decent character so it should be good to see more of her.

Emmerdale's Chrissie Sugden could be ready to move on with her life next week, eyeing up her own brother-in-law Andy as a possible love interest.

Chrissie (Louise Marwood) is more than ready for a fresh start after her traumatic few months, but we can't help fearing that she could be asking for even more trouble as she ponders her next move.

As we've revealed recently, Chrissie has even more drama ahead as she's left fearing that Lawrence isn't her biological father after hearing about how her mum was free to sleep with other men.

Chrissie even considers ordering a DNA test to find out one way or another, but Andy advises her that it's best to just let sleeping dogs lie.

When Chrissie realises that Andy is right, she thanks him for his good advice and confirms that she'll now be focusing on the future rather than the past.

Chrissie's new stepmum Bernice Blackstock (Samantha Giles) also has some words of wisdom when she advises her to enjoy life and have fun after everything she's been through... but it seems that Chrissie could be starting to consider Andy as the man to move on with.

Since Andy is the brother of her estranged husband Robert and also the old flame of Bernice, this could be a controversial choice for Chrissie's next lover. But will she go ahead and make her move?

© ITV
    Chrissie thanks Andy for his advice

© ITV
    Will Chrissie make a move on Andy?

© ITV
    Bernice encourages Chrissie to have some fun

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...-brother-andy/

Louise IMHO is an appalling actress. She is one dimensional and cannot do emotional. Her crocadile tears are pathetic and when she tries to do Hurt or Angry I just laugh, Time to go from whence you came.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Louise IMHO is an appalling actress. She is one dimensional and cannot do emotional. Her crocadile tears are pathetic and when she tries to do Hurt or Angry I just laugh, Time to go from whence you came.
    you don't like her do you?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post

Ho did you guess?

Just watching her last night playing alongside the wonderful Samantha Giles shows how bereft of talent she actually is

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post

Ho did you guess?

Just watching her last night playing alongside the wonderful Samantha Giles shows how bereft of talent she actually is

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

sarah c (03-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    First off, I want to say that I reckon that the quoted post above is in no way any kind of Emmerdale spoiler and the post should have, if anywhere, been made in the General Forum for Emmerdale on soapboards.co.uk, most likely under the Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III thread?
    http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...on-III/page422

Although there is an apparent "freedom of speech" on the internet, it does not follow in any way that anything which is posted on the internet (as a personal opinion) is the general consensus or posted in the right place.

Second off, I really don't like it when someone posts on soapboards about an actor's performance. I try not to do it myself because I know from seeing "Behind the scenes" video stuff, etc, just how hard the working conditions for Emmerdale actors can be. Booking a holiday for them must be a nightmare and need something like 3 months(?) notice. Add to that spending hours and hours in cold/adverse working environmental conditions, plus being on the apparent "production line" where each actor seems to get called to the set like clockwork to perform their lines must be a nightmare in some way really, it seems to me.

I myself really like the Chrissie character. Chrissie is someone who is most definitely for me anyway the complex and born-to-it "Lady of the Manor", just why else would Robert have wanted her = Robert had (has?) great taste in women...but he really loves Aaron now it seems. (TW: THAT really very special little cuddly cute teddy-bear guy! I want him for myself, just who wouldn't right now...? Haha!). Unfortunately, Chrissie is also the "spoilt Daddie's girl", so she has her reasons to suspect Bernice of ulterior motives. Actor Louise Marwood, as Chrrisie White, has in general for me lately anyway been showing the complex character of Chrissie White in an acceptable way under very difficult storyline and script conditions.

I want to add though, that, during the same recent episodes, my impression has continued that Bernice is a lovely woman. Bernice really has, I reckon, that lady-like quality but also the "common touch" too (as did Lady Diana). I can totally understand just why Lawrence would want her for his wife. Bernice is a great social mixer. Bernice can really be the great "all-rounder". I really think that Lawrence has picked a really great woman to be his wife. Just like Robert had(?), Lawrence has really great taste in women, I reckon.
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 03-03-2016 at 15:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    First off, I want to say that I reckon that the quoted post above is in no way any kind of Emmerdale spoiler and the post should have, if anywhere, been made in the General Forum for Emmerdale on soapboards.co.uk, most likely under the Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III thread?
    http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...on-III/page422

Although there is an apparent \\\"freedom of speech\\\" on the internet, it does not follow in any way that anything which is posted on the internet (as a personal opinion) is the general consensus or posted in the right place.

Second off, I really don't like it when someone posts on soapboards about an actor's performance. I try not to do it myself because I know from seeing \\\"Behind the scenes\\\" video stuff, etc, just how hard the working conditions for Emmerdale actors can be. Booking a holiday for them must be a nightmare and need something like 3 months(?) notice. Add to that spending hours and hours in cold/adverse working environmental conditions, plus being on the apparent \\\"production line\\\" where each actor seems to get called to the set like clockwork to perform their lines must be a nightmare in some way really, it seems to me.

I myself really like the Chrissie character. Chrissie is someone who is most definitely for me anyway the complex and born-to-it \\\"Lady of the Manor\\\", just why else would Robert have wanted her = Robert had (has?) great taste in women...but he really loves Aaron now it seems. (TW: THAT really very special little cuddly cute teddy-bear guy! I want him for myself, just who wouldn't right now...? Haha!). Unfortunately, Chrissie is also the \\\"spoilt Daddie's girl\\\", so she has her reasons to suspect Bernice of ulterior motives. Actor Louise Marwood, as Chrrisie White, has in general for me lately anyway been showing the complex character of Chrissie White in an acceptable way under very difficult storyline and script conditions.

I want to add though, that, during the same recent episodes, my impression has continued that Bernice is a lovely woman. Bernice really has, I reckon, that lady-like quality but also the \\\"common touch\\\" too (as did Lady Diana). I can totally understand just why Lawrence would want her for his wife. Bernice is a great social mixer. Bernice can really be the great \\\"all-rounder\\\". I really think that Lawrence has picked a really great woman to be his wife. Just like Robert had(?), Lawrence has really great taste in women, I reckon.
    I posted my personal opinion of Louise in what I thought in my humble opinion was the correct thread i.e. the one about Chrissie White Sugden.

As I stated it was my humble opinion and I never claimed it to be the consensus

Your second point is irrelevant to my post. You may not like it and that is your opinion which like mine you are quite entitled to have. Of course I do not have your extensive behind the scenes knowledge.

I didn't say that I didn't like the "complex" "Lady of the Manor" character just the actress who tries to carry it off

I am glad we agree on Samantha Giles.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

sarah c (04-03-2016), Tuareet (04-03-2016)

Really looking forward to the Chrissie and Andy storyline. Personally I think Louise is a fantastic actress and plays the complex lady of the manor pefectally. Would also love to find out more of the Whites back story.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 02ablake For This Useful Post:

Perdita (08-03-2016)

Emmerdale's new boss Iain MacLeod is lining up Chrissie Sugden as a new soap bitch.

Chrissie (Louise Marwood) could even give Charity Dingle a run for her money, with plans afoot for her character to go in an intriguing new direction in the coming months.

After more than her fair share of heartbreak over the past year, it wouldn't be too surprising to see Chrissie start to lash out. But does she have what it takes to match the full force of Charity?

Speaking at an Emmerdale press event, MacLeod revealed: "I tend to like complicated female characters - so the classic soap bitch. Obviously Charity coming back is a massive bonus. She could start a fight in an empty room and may well end up doing so in the next 12 months, because I could just watch Emma Atkins in that role until the cows come home.

"So I love bitches and I think we've got a bitch in waiting in Chrissie up at Home Farm. Now we've put her through the mill with all the helicopter crash and the aftermath, I do think that maybe she could be a really brilliant adversary for Charity one day.

MacLeod also clarified his recent hint that Chrissie's sister Rebecca could join the show, insisting that there are no firm plans to bring her in just yet.

"Her name recurs not infrequently in discussions," he explained. "At this point there are no plans to bring her in, but equally one day we might. At the moment I'm struggling to see what she would bring that we don't already get from some of our other characters, really.

"That's my only nervousness about ever bringing a character in - it's making sure they're not just coming in to serve a story or not just coming in because we like an actor. We need to have a very clear idea of the type of character function that they will fill and what their story will be for 6 to 12 months.

"We've all watched soaps and seen a character come in and they're really useful as part of a story. The story then ends and suddenly they're sort of drumming their fingers on the bar in The Woolpack for the next 12 months while we figure out what to do with them. I'm trying to avoid that."

Thread Information