Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne Ward (Aidan Connor)

His wedding to Eva in tatters and Underworld on its knees, Aidan’s life is a wreck and he starts to lose control as everyone turns on him. As he is seen punching Johnny and then breaking down in tears, is he about to hit rock bottom?
    And how will he feel as Eva spends the night with Adam?

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/21/death-...#ixzz4tMDOd1WR

some on line rumour he leaving next may

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    some on line rumour he leaving next may
    But sadly without Maria, I presume

Coronation Street is set to bid farewell to Shayne Ward after three years in the soap.

Ward will step away from his role as heartthrob Aidan Connor in the late spring of 2018 when his current contract expires, an insider revealed to Digital Spy on Wednesday (November 29).

Ward made headlines for extending his contract with the ITV soap back in October 2016 in a deal that ensures that he will remain on screen for at least the next six months.

The X Factor winner first tread the cobbles back in August 2015, instantly creating a buzz with Corrie's passionate fan-base for his unique fashion sense and intriguing connection to both Michelle (Kym Marsh) and Carla Connor (Alison King).

At the time, he described the experience of auditioning for TV staple Coronation Street as one of the most "incredible" moments of his entire professional life.

"I'm a massive fan of the show and my mum is a huge fan," he said. "I think for me it's just to be associated with it, especially Stuart Blackburn the producer, for him to sit in on the casting, I was over the moon."

In more recent times, his character Aidan Connor has been torn between Eva Price (Catherine Tyldesley) and Maria Connor (Samia Longchambon), while the actor himself got fans talking when he refused to appear shirtless on-screen.

"I'm happy just being in the factory with my shirt on. I'm just not into that whole six-pack thing," he explained this past spring. "I think there is so much pressure to get in shape nowadays. I am just happy doing what I'm doing."

Coronation Street is also preparing viewers for two more major exits, first Bruno Langley's sudden departure as Todd Grimshaw in the coming weeks. Debbie Rush is also set to quit her role as Anna Windass after ten years in 2018.

Digital Spy

Coronation Street seem to be lining up a new romance in coming months as Shayne Ward and Helen Flanagan have been filming scenes at a swanky restaurant. And we reckon that Aidan Connor isn’t all that interested in Rosie Webster’s eye for business…

Aidan and Rosie have crossed paths a couple of times – not always as allies – but they seemingly could be set for romance as they apparently grow closer. At the moment, Aidan is busy moving on from his ex Eva Price, completely unaware that he could be thrown right back into her life as she is carrying his baby.

That’s if Toyah Battersby doesn’t persuade the unsure barmaid to hand the baby over to her and Peter Barlow, that is. Meanwhile, Aidan is getting Underworld back on its feet in the wake of Carla’s return and he could also end up being a match for her as she desperately needs a new kidney after collapsing.

A busy time – business is on the up, he could be a saviour to his sister and now a potential new romance; what could possibly go wrong?

Little is known about how Aidan and Rosie will find themselves on each others’ radar but the stars were wrapped up warm and smiling broadly as they filmed scenes on location. Could this give both characters something to smile about?

Of course, it wouldn’t be a day on planet Earth if Helen didn’t find time for a few selfies so between takes, she was mastering that pout and snapping a few shots to remember the day by.

It remains to be seen whether happiness is on the horizon for the pair but we won’t be suggesting any eternity rings for them quite yet given that Shayne is departing his role as Aidan in the summer while Helen is heading off on maternity leave.

Another exit is that of Catherine Tyldesley, who plays Eva – she is also expected to depart in the summer time. So what kind of drama takes place between the trio between now and then that will see them all wave goodbye to the cobbles?

Could Aidan and Eva reunite and head off into the sunset, leaving a heartbroken Rosie to shuffle off and lick her wounds? Or are there more twists in store?

Fans can expect Rosie and Aidan’s scenes to hit their screens in March.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (24-01-2018)

Is this a ploy to get at Adam as she works for him?

i think he could die after donating a kidney to carla, complications and eva will want to keep his child then

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (22-03-2018)

I'm not sure if they'll do a storyline where a character dies after donating a kidney - it could put people off donating organs in real life.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:

parkerman (01-02-2018), tammyy2j (22-03-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    I'm not sure if they'll do a storyline where a character dies after donating a kidney - it could put people off donating organs in real life.
    Already been done. Samir Rachid, Deridre's husband died after donating a kidney to Tracy ...

Apparently that was the original plan but the writers changed it in case it put people off donating. Samir was killed by racist thugs on his way to the hospital to be tested and after he died his kidney was donated to Tracy.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-02-2018), tammyy2j (22-03-2018)

Thread Information