Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne Ward (Aidan Connor)

Coronation Street is to highlight the important issue of male suicide when Aidan Connor tragically takes his own life.

In episodes to be screened the week of May 7th viewers will hear that Johnny Connor has discovered his son’s body at his Victoria Street flat, after Aidan failed to turn up for work at the factory.

As the news of what Aidan has done spreads, his devastated family and friends try to come to terms with the shock of their loss and begin to question why they hadn’t spotted any signs that he was struggling to cope with life.

Viewers will last see Aidan on screen on Monday 7th May when he goes to see Eva at the cottage where she is living after giving birth to baby Susie, before returning to a family party at the Rovers. His final scene will see him back at his flat alone. No element of the suicide will be shown on screen.

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/...suicide-dta951

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (01-05-2018)

Gutted

4. The Following User Says Thank You to olivia1896 For This Useful Post:

mariba (09-05-2018)

I hope it is handled well, I am not looking forward to it but hope perhaps the writers do a flashback episode to when his depression was triggered if that is possible because until he started the kidney donation process no signs of unhappiness
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 01-05-2018 at 14:10.

Shayne was on This Morning and explained that there have been signs of his depression for a while and that he as Aidan wanted to die before Carla returned. The letter to Johnny that he intercepted was in fact his suicide note. Aidan never felt good enough and saw his chance to redeem himself by donating his kidney to Carla which put his suicide on hold for a bit but now you know how he is leaving, it is clear that there were other signs recently, his chat to Kirk and giving Summer her work experience ...
    I think Corrie have handled the very emotional and divisive storylines they have shown recently with utter professionalism and sensitivity .. grooming, Kylie's death, David's rape etc. I am sure they will also show the aftermath of Aidan's death (nothing of suicide will be shown) for his family and friends with the same competence and dignity
    Last edited by Perdita; 01-05-2018 at 14:18.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

mariba (09-05-2018), tammyy2j (01-05-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Shayne was on This Morning and explained that there have been signs of his depression for a while and that he as Aidan wanted to die before Carla returned. The letter to Johnny that he intercepted was in fact his suicide note. Aidan never felt good enough and saw his chance to redeem himself by donating his kidney to Carla which put his suicide on hold for a bit but now you know how he is leaving, it is clear that there were other signs recently, his chat to Kirk and giving Summer her work experience ...
    I think Corrie have handled the very emotional and divisive storylines they have shown recently with utter professionalism and sensitivity .. grooming, Kylie's death, David's rape etc. I am sure they will also show the aftermath of Aidan's death (nothing of suicide will be shown) for his family and friends with the same competence and dignity
    I do not remember any signs before the kidney donation process started

Does he get to meet and hold his child before he dies?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post

He goes and visits Eva at the cottage .. not sure he will hold the baby but he will meet his daughter

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (01-05-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post

He was quite remorseful when he lost the factory due to Eva's tactics on revenge for him seeping with Maria. The factory was his biggest regret as he failed his dad, and the workers .... it was a humiliation too far. Eva's lies pushed him over the edge ... yes he was unfaithful ... but the devastation she caused with Adam was beyond normal.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to indigodance For This Useful Post:

lizann (02-05-2018), mariba (09-05-2018), Perdita (02-05-2018), tammyy2j (03-05-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by indigodance View Post
    He was quite remorseful when he lost the factory due to Eva's tactics on revenge for him seeping with Maria. The factory was his biggest regret as he failed his dad, and the workers .... it was a humiliation too far. Eva's lies pushed him over the edge ... yes he was unfaithful ... but the devastation she caused with Adam was beyond normal.
    a woman scorned, if only he had steve's quick miracle cure for depression

im not looking forward to kate michelle and alya wailing grief crying screeching

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

mariba (09-05-2018), Perdita (02-05-2018), tammyy2j (03-05-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    a woman scorned, if only he had steve's quick miracle cure for depression

im not looking forward to kate michelle and alya wailing grief crying screeching
    Steve got help, if I remember rightly .. I also know a couple of cases in my circle of friends where they did not want help, despite seeing professionals and being on medication .. it just was not enough ... heartbreaking ...

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Steve got help, if I remember rightly .. I also know a couple of cases in my circle of friends where they did not want help, despite seeing professionals and being on medication .. it just was not enough ... heartbreaking ...
    steve's cure was getting rid of michelle

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

mariba (09-05-2018), Perdita (03-05-2018), tammyy2j (03-05-2018)

Thread Information