Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne Ward (Aidan Connor)

Shayne Ward (Aidan Connor)

he is to join according to daily star

Good if true. I voted for him on x factor

Is Shayne Ward heading to Corrie?

It’s been reported that singer and actor Shayne Ward could be joining the cast of Coronation Street.

The soap’s producers have apparently approached Shayne’s management company hoping to sign up the star, who rose to fame when he won The X Factor in 2005.

A show source told the Daily Star Sunday: “The bosses think Shayne would be perfect for the show. They’ve made moves to try and get him on board and have made it clear they are open to discussions.”

Manchester-born Shayne, 30, is close friends with a number of Corrie stars, including Samia Ghadie, who plays Maria, and Hayley Tamaddon, who plays Andrea Beckett, and it’s been reported that he’s such a big fan of the show that he would jump at the chance if he was offered a role in the Weatherfield soap, which regularly attracts an audience of seven million viewers.

“He’s made it clear he’s definitely interested,” the source told the newspaper. ”Talks are ongoing at this stage. They were keen to find out if Shayne would be up for going into TV acting full-time. Nothing is confirmed at this point but it is looking hopeful.”

After winning the ITV singing contest in 2005, Shayne had chart success with singles, including the Christmas Number 1 That’s My Goal which was the Christmas Number 1 of the same year. After clocking up three million record sales in the last ten years, he is due to release his fourth album, Closer, next month. As well as his singing career, Shayne has enjoyed a stint on the West End stage in London.

He had a leading role in hit show Rock of Ages and starred in a touring production of Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds alongside Jason Donovan and Brian McFadden.

The news that Shayne could be heading to the Weatherfield cobbles comes on the tail of a string of famous faces joining the soap, most recently Waterloo Road actress Melanie Hill, former Emmerdale star Claire King and comedian Les Dennis.

Pure speculation still, I think

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (09-03-2015), tammyy2j (09-03-2015)

a brother for callum is the talk on twitter for his role

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-03-2015)

Shayne Ward has revealed that he recently auditioned for a role in Coronation Street.

The singer - who can be seen at the West End on shows such as Rock of Ages and The War of the World - attended the audition just a few days ago.

Shayne Ward performing on The X Factor
    © Rex Features / Ken McKay/TalkbackThames

"I was asked about the rumours and I had no idea, that's the gospel truth," he told the Daily Mirror.

"Before we knew it, an audition did come in. I couldn't believe it and neither could my management. I thought it was incredible, I'm a massive fan of the show and my mum is a huge fan.

"I think for me it's just to be associated with it, especially Stuart Blackburn the producer, for him to sit in on the casting, I was over the moon."

The 30-year-old said that he hopes to be able to play a bad boy "because of the tattoos".

He also congratulated Sarah Harding for joining the soap: "I think she'll be brilliant."

Whose sarah harding? Anyway good news if he can act as good as he sings. Definately has to be related to Callum

Shayne Ward has played down recent claims that he could be playing Sarah Harding's on-screen husband in Coronation Street.

The X Factor winner is in the running to play a new character after attending an audition for the ITV soap earlier this month.

Shayne Ward
    © Rex Features
    Shayne Ward

However, Ward has admitted that he doesn't know what role he would be playing if his audition turns out to be successful

Ward told the Manchester Evening News: "I've got everything crossed over joining the show, can you imagine?

"Sarah is going to be in the show and I have known her since I was 15 or 16. Because I came in for a casting and she has been given this role I think that's where the talk that I would play her husband came from.

"There is no truth in it. I don't even know which role I would be playing. Stuart Blackburn the producer wanted to see me and I read through a script."

Ward recently said that he hopes to be able to play a bad boy "because of the tattoos".

Is that Tracy's ex husband?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (17-04-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is that Tracy's ex husband?
    I wondered that Tammy but it says actor is 30.
    Tracy is abt 38 and Robert Preston presumably
    similar age??!!
    But Nick aged 10 yrs when recast so suppose
    anr character could lose 10yrs!!

Dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 17-04-2015 at 00:20.

Thread Information