Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Paul Trueman

Paul Trueman departed EastEnders in a blaze of glory in 2004, but he's had a few mentions on the BBC soap in recent times.

As we've seen many soap characters arise from the dead in the past, why not Paul? Especially as we never actually saw his death on screen. Sadly, actor Gary Beadle told Digital Spy doesn't expect it to happen any time soon.

"As far as I'm concerned, he's a goner," he said. "All the hardcore fans say [we never saw it on screen], including my mother, believe me!

"You can never say never, but as far I'm concerned it's over, I've moved on. But if the BBC said, 'Listen, we want to do something', then you cross those bridges when you come to it. But I'd never advertise the fact that I was looking to go back."

He added: "I think they did a great job with my character and the show will go on without him as it did before. I'm very fond of Paul, though."

Paul's dad Patrick (Rudolph Walker) has brought up Paul on several occasions lately, as Richard Blackwood's gangster character Vincent reminds him of his troubled son. Sadly, this might be the closest we'll get to a Paul comeback.

Meanwhile, Gary Beadle will soon star in the UK premiere of acclaimed theatre production The Whipping Man, a play set just after the final days of the Civil War in America.

Marking the 150th anniversary of the end of the war, the play focuses on two former slaves who are reunited with their former master at the remains of their family home.

Gary Beadle directs The Whipping Man at The Theatre Royal in Plymouth
    © Theatre Royal in Plymouth

Richard Attenborough's grandson Tom Attenborough directs the drama, which Beadle hopes will soon make its way to London.

"Ideally, I'd love to take this to London and play it in a major theatre, absolutely. I think this play is a piece of history that nobody really considers.

"Taking all the elements, Judaism, the Passover, 1865, when Lincoln got shot in Virginia. Matthew Lopez has created a wonderful play. I've never seen anything of the like, and I think London would benefit from having a production like this."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-09-2015)

Did Patrick not identify his corpse?

Quote Originally Posted by Timalay View Post
    Did Patrick not identify his corpse?
    Yes, he did

Thread Information