Thread: Jacob Masters (Chucky Venn)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Jacob Masters (Chucky Venn)

Former EastEnders star Chucky Venn has joined the cast of Casualty.

The actor, who is best known to fans as Walford's Ray Dixon, will play a new nurse called Jacob Masters in the BBC hospital drama.

Charles Venn
    © Getty Images / David M. Benett
    Chucky Venn

Jacob's first scenes will see him arrive in the emergency department with an injured friend, but he quickly makes a big impact on the medical team.

When Connie finds out he's a nurse and mentions that they're advertising at the moment, everyone is quickly won over by his subordination of the ruthless consultant.

Speaking about the role, Venn said: "It's truly a pleasure and honour to be part of Casualty as it's such a successful long-standing medical drama.

"I'm keenly relishing the challenge and my time in Cardiff and I look forward to tackling the role of nurse Jacob."

Executive producer Oliver Kent added: "We are thrilled to welcome [Chucky] to Casualty. As Jacob, his good looks, charm and wit will certainly cause a tidal wave of testosterone in the emergency department. He's going to ruffle a lot of feathers and, no doubt, set a few hearts racing..."

Venn has already started filming with the programme, with his first scenes airing on June 11.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (15-02-2015), maidmarian (13-02-2015), TaintedLove (17-02-2015)

Thread Information