Thread: Soap Business That Should Have Gone Out of Business?

Soap Business That Should Have Gone Out of Business?

Hello everyone,
    I’m doing a bit of research for a soap viewer-targeted article. It’s about soap businesses that would, realistically, have gone out of business yonks ago in the real world. The only problem is that I’ve only ever watched Coronation Street so need some help discovering other soap businesses to include!
    Does anybody have any ideas, and can you say why? So far I have:
    Underworld (the employees are never at work, the business has failed to expand and it lacks the resources to fulfil all those ‘big’ orders it supposedly has...)
    The Rovers Return (not a high customer turnover; ongoing controversial drama; high owner turnover etc.)
    Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

I would add to the Rovers Return that staff always seem to be "on a break" to service other plots. Quite a few viewers seemed to ask if Tina ever finished a shift during her last months.

Also Roy's Rolls potentially. Though Sylvia went over the top with her regime at the cafe back in August 2011, I did think she had a point. Roy does tend to be too generous with the freebies he gives out.

I watch Emmerdale and EastEnders too so I'll have a think about those.

I would add to the Rovers Return that staff always seem to be "on a break" to service other plots. Quite a few viewers seemed to ask if Tina ever finished a shift during her last months.

Also Roy's Rolls potentially. Though Sylvia went over the top with her regime at the cafe back in August 2011, I did think she had a point. Roy does tend to be too generous with the freebies he gives out.

I watch Emmerdale and EastEnders too so I'll have a think about those.

Thread Information