Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Hubbard (Richard Blackwood)

EastEnders star Richard Blackwood has suggested that fans will find out what happened to Charlie Cotton at some stage.

Dramatic scenes airing last month implied that Charlie could have been killed by dangerous pair Vincent and Ronnie when he refused to leave Walford without his son Matthew.

Viewers weren't shown what exactly happened to Charlie after the pair confronted him at Dot's house, but it didn't look very promising for him when his wallet was later found in a bin on the street.

Speaking to the Radio Times, Blackwood said: "I know what's happened to Charlie, but the audience has yet to find out.

"If it's right for him to do it, he'll do it. He has no problems. If it's an issue and he needs to get you out of the way, he'll get you out of the way."

Vincent is currently betraying his wife Kim by enjoying a fling with Ronnie, but Blackwood has admitted that he thinks his character could be making a mistake.

Vincent goes to Ronnie's rescue
    © BBC
    Vincent is having an affair with Ronnie

He said: "I, personally, think that he should be with Kim because that's his family and Vincent does want to go straight. But if he was just strait-laced, people would say he was boring. The fact that he's being torn gives him layers.

"I didn't want to play him as one-dimensional. It would have been easy to portray Vincent as a tough guy who's angry all the time. But the audience would get bored and they wouldn't believe it.

"I've based him on people I know - loving people who, if you cross them, will go all the way."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-10-2015), Rear window (08-10-2015), tammyy2j (08-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    He said: "I, personally, think that he should be with Kim because that's his family and Vincent does want to go straight. But if he was just strait-laced, people would say he was boring. The fact that he's being torn gives him layers.
    I don't agree. Mick's a nice guy but he's a far more interesting character than Vincent's been so far. Being a womaniser is just soooo predictable. It's subtle writing and nuanced acting that gives layers to a character, not a lack of morality.

Good acting can even overcome bad writing. Actors like Lindsay Coulson can portray a multitude of emotions with just subtle changes in their facial expressions.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 08-10-2015 at 18:12.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (08-10-2015), parkerman (08-10-2015), tammyy2j (09-10-2015)

EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins has revealed that there's a lot more to learn about mysterious Vincent Hubbard.

Richard Blackwood has been appearing as Vincent since February, but the time has now come to delve deeper into what makes him tick.

Vincent had shown himself to be a loyal ally to Ronnie Mitchell in recent months, but last Friday's episode suggested that he might have another agenda and could in fact be working against her.

Speaking at an EastEnders press event, Treadwell-Collins teased: "There's big stuff for Vincent over the next few months with his feud with Ronnie.

"We're going to find out a lot more about Vincent. So far he's been a little bit intriguing, but we're about to find out exactly what's going on behind those glaring eyes."

Vincent meets up with a mystery man
    © BBC

When Vincent met up with his acquaintance in Friday's episode, he admitted that he had been working with Ronnie.

The mystery guy replied that this wasn't the plan, but Vincent enigmatically replied: "Well I've got something better in mind..."

digitalspy

EastEnders joker Fatboy Chubb needs to watch out as he faces the wrath of Vincent Hubbard next week.

Fatboy (Ricky Norwood) finds himself with a dangerous new enemy when Vincent jumps to the defence of his sister Donna Yates in tense scenes.

The trouble begins when Vincent (Richard Blackwood) starts asking Donna some awkward questions about her relationship with Fatboy.

Vincent approves of the potential pairing, but he's shocked when he realises that things aren't going nearly as well as he thought.

A furious Vincent tells Fatboy he is not impressed with how he has treated Donna
    © BBC
    Discovering that Fatboy has treated Donna badly since sleeping with her a few weeks ago, Vincent takes matters into his own hands and pays him a sinister visit.

Fatboy is terrified as the Walford villain turns threatening, and Vincent soon goes through with taking his revenge. How far will things go?

Angry at how Fatboy treated Donna, Vincent takes shocking action ​
    © BBC
    EastEnders airs these scenes on Thursday, November 19 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-11-2015), tammyy2j (11-11-2015)

EastEnders star Richard Blackwood expects fans to be "shocked" as they learn more about his mysterious character Vincent Hubbard.

Vincent has been tipped to take centre stage over the next few months as show bosses finally delve deeper into what makes him tick.

Speaking to Inside Soap's Yearbook 2016, Blackwood commented: "Luckily for me, people have really warmed to Vincent. It wasn't even a gradual thing! They love him and all the feedback I've had so far has been 100% positive.

"They can see there are more layers to him - we didn't want to show his dark side exploding on screen straight away. Being able to play a baddy where people say they like him, even though they know he's bad news, is a great feeling."

While little is known about Vincent's future, viewers were recently intrigued when they saw him meet up with a mystery man and hint that his loyalties don't really lie with Ronnie Mitchell.

© BBC
    Blackwood continued: "I've read some of the things coming up and the fans are going to be shocked. It's going to show so many different dynamics with Vincent.

"People will love him even more - but we're going to see much more of his darkness and where that comes from."

Meanwhile, EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins recently teased: "There's big stuff for Vincent over the next few months with his feud with Ronnie.

"We're going to find out a lot more about Vincent. So far he's been a little bit intriguing, but we're about to find out exactly what's going on behind those glaring eyes."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-11-2015), tammyy2j (11-11-2015)

I think Richard thinks way too highly of his character Vincent

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-11-2015), lizann (11-11-2015), moonstorm (12-11-2015), Perdita (11-11-2015), Rear window (12-11-2015)

^ That guy above took Ronnie was it?

Is Vincent in Max's house or the old doctor surgery which I thought was downstairs like Billy's flat?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-11-2015), lizann (24-11-2015)

Yes, you are right, that is the guy who took Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is Vincent in Max's house or the old doctor surgery which I thought was downstairs like Billy's flat?
    I believe it's the whole house which used to include the doctor's surgery in the basement.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (25-11-2015)

EastEnders star Richard Blackwood has teased that his character Vincent Hubbard will have some very big choices to make soon.

Vincent has been experiencing quieter times in Walford recently following the huge drama with his mum Claudette earlier this year, but that looks set to change over the coming weeks.

Although the actor was keeping tight-lipped on the exact details of the story, Blackwood did hint that viewers will find out where his loyalties really lie.

Speaking on Lorraine today (May 27), he said: "Vincent has got to make some choices. They always throw challenges at you, which is great because they trust you in terms of your acting and pulling it off.

"You will see Vincent get backed up and we will see where his loyalties lie."

Vincent Hubbard refuses to speak about Claudette to Donna in EastEnders
    © BBC
    Despite having been on the show for a year-and-a-half, Blackwood admitted that he often still feels like the new boy on set - something which he plays on when he makes a mistake.

He added: "I still call myself the new boy when I do something wrong. When they say, 'Richard, the camera is over there', I say, 'I didn't know that - I'm still new!'

"The thing with EastEnders is that after a few months you feel like you have been there a long time. There are new people who have joined since me so I can't claim it anymore, which I am really upset about. If there is a middle road, I'll take that."

Digital Spy

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-05-2016)

Thread Information