Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Hubbard (Richard Blackwood)

EastEnders star Richard Blackwood has explained that Vincent is genuinely torn between Kim Fox and Ronnie Mitchell.

Although Vincent is still a man of great mystery, viewers are aware that he is married to Kim (Tameka Empson) and shares a history with Ronnie (Samantha Womack).

Next week's episodes will see Vincent confront both women before making a decision about his future, but Blackwood revealed that his alter ego has reasons to be with both of them.

Speaking to Inside Soap, he said: "It is not a case of him being greedy or not being able to make up his mind, but Ronnie and Kim both represent things he needs in his life.

"He is torn between the devil and the angel, basically. That is his story."

Although upcoming episodes will see Vincent struggle to make a decision, Blackwood knows what he would do in his character's situation.

He said: "I would choose Kim, as she offers stability - every guy who has been on the streets ultimately wants to come off the streets.

"They don't want to stay there because they know it is either prison or death if they do. So while I think he and Ronnie are from the same stock, I think they would be bad for each other.

"That would be like two alcoholics being together - you have to be with somebody who doesn't drink, in order to stop drinking."

Blackwood also added that while he believes Kim is a good match for Vincent, she also has a very good reason to be scared of him.

He added: "They are both quite impulsive, that is what brought them together. Kim likes that Vincent is a bit rebellious, but he is also a go-getter, a man's man - and she has to be with a man able to stand up to her.

"The flipside is, Kim won't tolerate his nonsense, and isn't afraid to tell him! Vincent finds it exciting that his partner will let him have it if he steps out of line.

"Kim is scared and she has good reason to be, but that will reveal itself. We will find out why soon enough - and it definitely won't be an anti-climax!"

really not liking vincent so far no charisma or interesting qualities

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-05-2015)

EastEnders star Richard Blackwood knows exactly who is to blame for his character Vincent Hubbard's bad behaviour - his mum Claudette.

The actor has been appearing on screen as Vincent since February and is now keen to explore how his alter ego's family ties have made him the man he is today.

Blackwood told Inside Soap: "I want to know what made him go dark. He's a good man in many ways, so it'll be interesting to find out what the catalyst for that was. He does get his villainy from his mum, though - Claudette is a bit of a gangster herself!

"You'll see more of this darker side to her, and you'll realise that there is no other way Vincent could ever have turned out with her as a mother. She's like Violet Kray was with her boys.

"Claudette's not soft - she knows what Vincent is capable of and she'll back him all the way."

Next week's EastEnders episodes see Vincent at the centre of the action again, starting off when he gets beaten up by Phil Mitchell for changing the name of The Albert.

This doesn't stop Vincent from messing further with the Mitchells, as he then betrays his wife Kim Fox by continuing to pursue Ronnie.

Discussing the love triangle, Blackwood added: "Vincent doesn't enjoy being a player. He's not messing with these two women to feed his ego. He wants to make it work with Kim, but he can't fight his feelings for Ronnie. They've got so much history.

"Vincent knows Kim is the person to keep him on the straight and narrow. He wants to give baby Pearl the childhood he missed out on. His dad was never there, so now he's got the family he never had growing up. But he just doesn't feel as deeply for Kim as he does for Ronnie."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-07-2015)

Toytown villain, can't stand him. DTC got rid of Carl White and I think he was scarier/more convincing. Ronnie and Vincent are cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    EastEnders star Richard Blackwood knows exactly who is to blame for his character Vincent Hubbard's bad behaviour - his mum Claudette.
    I like Vincent but don't find him very scary. Claudette is far more menacing in my opinion!

It's disappointing he'll be chasing Ronnie again as I hoped he'd stay faithful to Kim. I suppose DTC's getting rid of Charlie to clear the way for a Ronnie/Vincent pairing.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 30-07-2015 at 14:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I like Vincent but don't find him very scary. Claudette is far more menacing in my opinion!

It's disappointing he'll be chasing Ronnie again as I hoped he'd stay faithful to Kim. I suppose DTC's getting rid of Charlie to clear the way for a Ronnie/Vincent pairing.
    I think Vincent is a poor actor, he may be nice on the eye, but sorry he's a bit corny, but yes, I agree Claudette seems like a bit of a bad un, nice change to see a woman who has some personna and not dumb blonde Ronnie
    We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged
    Heinrich Heine

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post

I think Vincent is a poor actor, he may be nice on the eye, but sorry he's a bit corny, but yes, I agree Claudette seems like a bit of a bad un, nice change to see a woman who has some personna and not dumb blonde Ronnie
    We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged
    Heinrich Heine

twitter chatter that vincent could be eric mitchell's son

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (07-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    twitter chatter that vincent could be eric mitchell's son
    There's also rumours going about that he's Gavin's or Les' son.

Why would Vincent hate Phil so much if he's his brother? Maybe he doesn't know, but that doesn't explain Claudette's antipathy.

Richard Blackwood has said playing EastEnders villain Vincent Hubbard is a "real challenge".

The actor and comedian made his debut on the soap in February and viewers have watched Vincent become Albert Square's newest villain.

Speaking to Richard at the Inside Soap Awards 2015 sponsored by Dream Bingo, he tells Reveal: "I love playing Vincent. I know it sounds very cliche but I really love the fact that I play someone completely opposite from me. When I first came into the show, people expected me to do comedy, and also, being affiliated with Tameka Empson, they expected us to be a comedy couple.

"Me being a serious guy and playing a villain, and a new villain on the square, I don't think anyone anticipated that. It's a real challenge and I'm glad I took it."

Vincent came onto the square already having history with Ronnie Mitchell, and recently, viewers have seen Vincent and Ronnie rekindle their fling, with his wife Kim Fox unaware of his infidelity.

Richard says he and Samantha Womack (who plays Ronnie) often burst into a song in-between filming takes.

"In a short space of time we've become the best of friends," Richard tells us. "We're always singing in between takes. We'll sing a song and she'll do the high notes, while I do the low notes. She knows her music too."

But, what's next for Vincent?

"What I want to come now is coming, which is more layers. You'll see more of the sensitive and emotional side of Vincent and the root of his darkness, which is good for me as an actor because I had to dig deep and show a side that people have never been seen. I'm looking forward to the audience seeing that."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-10-2015)

Thread Information