Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Bethany Platt

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    They keep saying that as she is only 17 it is illegal. The police know she is only 17, so how come she is still there and the club owner not arrested?
    Because the police are too busy having to non-investigate an incident where a resident of Coronation Street in Weatherfield apparently went and pushed a young window cleaner off a high ladder

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Brucie (25-01-2018), parkerman (23-01-2018), Rear window (23-01-2018), tammyy2j (23-01-2018)

Did Lucy Fallon wear her lapdancing outfit to the NTA's? Looked like she nearly had a wardrobe malfunction ...

Coronation Street star Lucy Fallon has teased that the soap's fans shouldn't be expecting any happy storylines for Bethany Platt any time soon.

Speaking after picking up her first National Television Award win for Best Serial Drama performance, Lucy opened up about Bethany's hard-hitting grooming storyline and shared a few details about the character's road to recovery too.

"Our main goal was to raise as much awareness as possible and I think we've done that," Lucy told Digital Spy and other media about the plot backstage at the NTAs tonight (January 23).

"We sparked a conversation. People were talking about the storyline, people were talking about the issue of grooming. People came up to me in the street and spoke about their past of sexual abuse, so for me, that's everything. We completely did it justice, if that's the outcome."

As for Bethany's future, Lucy added that her character has a long way to go before she recovers from her ordeal.

"She's a lapdancer now – it's all a bit awkward!" Lucy added. "Obviously it's a very long road to recovery for Bethany and I just think it's gonna be quite a while before we see any actual happy storylines from her."

Luckily, it looks like we'll be seeing plenty more from Bethany as Lucy also confirmed that she has "no plans to leave" the soap.

"I am loving it, yes," she added.

Speaking of her NTA win, the actress shared that she was "shocked" but "delighted" and added that it was an honour to be in the same category as her Corrie co-star Barbara Knox.

"I feel very shocked, very overwhelmed, a little bit sick [but] obviously absolutely delighted," she added.

"I think I completely blacked out – I actually don't remember any of it. But I'm pretty sure I felt very good about it!"

Digital Spy

since she won she will be pushed down our throats in awful storylines, she is a good actress not great not award deserving

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

helena1414 (29-01-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    since she won she will be pushed down our throats in awful storylines, she is a good actress not great not award deserving
    I think she deserves the award she got for a greatly portrayed grooming victim but of course praise needs to go to scriptwriters (omg what am I saying ) and whole production team too. And I rather have Bethany shoved down my throat than Michelle Connor-McDonald-Preston ..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (25-01-2018), tammyy2j (31-01-2018)

Coronation Street is set to re-visit Bethany Platt's grooming storyline in a major way this week, as the teen meets a newcomer who brings back traumatic memories.

Next week will see Bethany (Lucy Fallon) face new heartache when it looks like ex-boyfriend Craig Tinker (Colson Smith) is moving on after their break-up after new waitress Kayla Westbrook (Mollie Winnard) gives Craig her number.

And now, Daily Star Sunday has reported that there's actually more to Kayla than meets the eye, revealing that Kayla is actually the daughter of PC Neil Clifton (Ben Cartwright), who played a huge role in Bethany's grooming storyline last year.

Last year's hard-hitting storyline saw Bethany endure months of abusive and manipulative behaviour from Nathan Curtis (Christopher Harper), including his pimping her out to his friends and coercing Bethany into having sex with his friend Neil.

After that, Neil remained closely involved in Bethany's dark story as he began abusing his position in the police force to keep Nathan and the sex ring out of trouble. He was ultimately sent down for his crimes in October, but Bethany was left shocked earlier this year when she learned that Neil was planning to appeal against his conviction.

According to the publication, Bethany will struggle when she learns who Kayla is, including suffering flashbacks of her experiences with Neil, and will be left fearing she's unable to move on after her ordeal when she's face with a daily reminder of the horror of what she's been through.

Kayla stirs things up between Bethany Platt and Craig Tinker in Coronation Street
    © ITV

As for Kayla herself, Daily Star Sunday reports that she keeps her identity secret at first, prompting concerns she could be out to get revenge on Craig and Bethany for their roles in sending her father to prison.

So, why exactly has Kayla come to Weatherfield? Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to find out, as Coronation Street airs Kayla and Bethany's first meeting on Monday, May 7 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

bethany goes out with ryan

The actress has signed another contract for a year

I think Bethany and Ryan are going to give romance another go

Now Lucy Fallon is leaving!

Coronation Street’s Lucy Fallon quits becoming the SEVENTH star to leave the crisis-hit soap in three months

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...lon-quit-soap/

I am stunned!

Something must be happening behind the scenes. I wonder if they are annoyed as we are that it's become the Gemma show and they're getting less money because they're not needed as much.

Thread Information