Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethany Platt

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    In a court of law it would be classed as rape would'nt it if it was part of a sex ring and all about manipulation and fear. Neil and Nathan knew exactly what they were doing. It was against her consent at the end of the day.
    it might be hard to prove consent but yes i guess if sex ring is uncovered then it would help the case

Coronation Street's Bethany Platt has fallen into another sinister trap by getting engaged to her abuser Nathan Curtis.

Wednesday night's episode saw more scheming and manipulation from Nathan pay off as he convinced Bethany (Lucy Fallon) that he wants them to tie the knot.

A traumatic few days for Bethany has seen her coerced into having sex with Nathan's sleazy friend Neil, which left her questioning her relationship and the situation she was in.

Skilled as ever with his scheming, Nathan responded by freezing Bethany out, branding her childish and making her think that she was the one at fault.

After finally deciding it was time to lure Bethany back in, Nathan gave her a sob story about his past and asked her to marry him.

Unaware that Nathan has absolutely no intention of actually heading down the aisle, Bethany accepted the proposal and excitedly changed her social media status to "engaged" – much to the shock and disgust of her mum Sarah when she saw the latest update on her phone.

Sarah Platt in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    When Corrie returns on Friday, Sarah tries her best to hide her true feelings on the situation by paying a visit to Bethany at the salon and promising to always support her.

Bethany is overjoyed to be back on good terms with her mum, but she's struck by fresh terror when Neil unexpectedly arrives at the salon with Ian, one of his friends.

As Neil suggests Nathan should throw another party and invite Ian this time, Bethany struggles to hide her horror as she worries about what will be expected of her this time. Will she agree to the party? And could she end up being offered out to Ian next?

Bethany Platt panics when Neil brings his friend Ian along in Coronation Street
    © ITV

Digital Spy

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (03-05-2017), tammyy2j (04-05-2017)

sarah needs to finally do something

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (04-05-2017)

Warning: The following article contains discussion of grooming and sexual violence that some readers may find triggering.

Coronation Street's ongoing Bethany Platt grooming storyline has an end in sight.

Actress Lucy Fallon, whose character has been manipulated by the much-older and her now fiancé Nathan Curtis (Christopher Harper) and his co-conspirator Mel Maguire (Sonia Ibrahim), revealed the storyline will conclude in the autumn, but it will get "loads worse" first.

"Things get loads worse, they really do," Fallon told the Press Association (via News and Star). "In the next few weeks you will start to see things get worse and worse. You will see this goes on for a bit.

"I think we know it's going on through the summer until the autumn and we know the end."

Neil and Bethany Platt in Coronation Street

She added: "I've known how it was going to end because I've been speaking to Kate [Oates] about how it's going to pan out.

"We got a say in how it's going to end, the NSPCC got a say too, it's been really good, everyone has given their advice. I think it's going to be a really good ending."

© ITV

Bethany has had to endure months of abusive and manipulative behaviour by Nathan as he plans to pimp her out to his friends and that plan is finally beginning to take shape for him.

Lucy also revealed the disturbing scene where she was coerced into having sex with Nathan's sleazy friend Neil, was much harder for her to watch than film.

"I didn't watch it when it was on, I watched it later on my own," she said.

"It was harder to watch than to film. When we filmed it it was done in about 20 minutes, the director was really quick and sensitive."

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 06-05-2017 at 20:55. Reason: Added warning

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (10-05-2017), parkerman (06-05-2017)

The latest development in a controversial storyline on Coronation Street street will show Bethany Platt discovering that one of the people grooming her is a policeman – of all people.

After weeks of torment at the hands of Nathan Curtis (Christopher Harper), Bethany (Lucy Fallon) reports her abuse to the authorities – only to come face-to-face with her attacker at the police station.

In a surprise, and unsettling, twist her boyfriend's unscrupulous associate Neil appears and tries to silence Bethany before she can go further with reporting her rape at the hands of a grooming ring.

Bethany was sexually assaulted by Neil in disturbing scenes that aired last week after she was set up by Nathan.

"You're not even safe in a police station," is the threat she is met with at by Neil, shutting down her efforts to protect herself from further harm at the hands of her attackers.

Digital Spy has reached out to ITV for comment.

Of course there are a number of other possibilities of who could rescue Bethany from her woes, as we discussed in our recent feature.

Surely Nathan has to get his comeuppance sooner or later – but who will bring about the change that sees Bethany's plight come to an end?

Last edited by Perdita; 07-05-2017 at 09:26.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (10-05-2017), lizann (07-05-2017), Ruffed_lemur (07-05-2017), tammyy2j (09-05-2017)

craig now training for police, will his training officer be this neil and how many of nathan's mates will she sleep with

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    craig now training for police, will his training officer be this neil and how many of nathan's mates will she sleep with
    I think Craig will eventually play a part in the storyline being resolved.

I was hoping Neil would be the only one but perhaps not

was there a dirty copper who tried it on with becky, stalked her, maybe he is part of this ring, i can't remember his name

'Coronation Street's Bethany Platt is set to stab Gary Windass.
    The troubled teenager - portrayed by Lucy Fallon - has found herself sliding down a slippery slope in recent weeks after she found herself caught up in a distressing grooming plot - something she's not aware of - but things are set to get even worse for the blonde student after she lashes out at her mother's boyfriend (Mikey North) when he tries to stop her from returning to her manipulative boyfriend Nathan.
    Tina O'Brien - who plays Bethany's mother Sarah Platt - told the Radio Times magazine: "Sarah and Gary manage to get her home and she wakes up on the sofa and panics when she realises where she is and that she doesn't have her phone. She tries to make a run for it but Gary blocks her way, she starts throwing things and stabs Gary in the arm. It's terrifying and upsetting for Sarah to see her daughter in this state and Sarah does start to wonder if Bethany is, in fact, scared of Nathan."
    The current storyline has seen Bethany's older boyfriend Nathan (Chris Harper) sell the innocent teen to his seedy friends for cash and it's set to get worse over time.
    The plot has received some backlash from viewers who believe the footage is too graphic for the time of night the show is aired but Tina thinks Lucy is doing a fanastic job considering it's her first major storyline since she joined the soap in 2015.
    She explained: "She's doing brilliantly - it's a big issue to take on and she's had some tough scenes to record. But she has done an amazing job.
    "Growing up on 'Corrie', I had some tough storylines to work on and it is important to have people around you supporting you and helping you every step of the way. And I know Lucy feels protected in the same way that I did."

BANG Showbiz

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (10-05-2017), Ruffed_lemur (09-05-2017), tammyy2j (09-05-2017)

Does Mary not share her concerns with Sarah?

Thread Information