Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethany Platt

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    we could give the writers ideas of marrying off bethany to nathan, big fat gypsy style i would have thought when she said writing in her school diary the policeman would have contacted sarah to verify
    Too late

how does he persuade her to sleep with his mate

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    how does he persuade her to sleep with his mate
    Apparently he will tell her it is normal to share and she did say she would do anything for him ... manipulation at its finest ... quite upsetting to think this happens in real life

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

LouiseP (24-03-2017), Ruffed_lemur (24-03-2017)

Coronation Street’s Lucy Fallon lands new deal
    Coronation Street boss Kate Oates has rewarded Lucy Fallon’s superb skills on the cobbles with a lucrative new contract.
    The actress has earned high praise from soap fans and critics with her portrayal of Sarah Platt’s daughter, Bethany.
    After impressing bosses she was handed one of the show’s biggest storylines which has seen Bethany groomed by sinister Nathan, a plot that’s going to get worse over the coming months.
    And now Lucy’s support backstage has grown so much bosses have handed her a new deal keeping her on the show for at least another year.
    Lucy told the Daily Star Sunday: “I signed a new contract back in January, which is just crazy as the last two years have gone so quickly.
    “I was so happy they wanted me to stay and have no plans to leave at all. I really couldn’t be happier here. There’s still a long way to go with Bethany’s story and it really is an honour to have been given such an important one to tell.”

Coronation Street's child grooming plot is set to take an even darker turn as new pictures show a distraught Bethany Platt bleeding in the street.

Bethany (Lucy Fallon) is currently being groomed by sinister newcomer Nathan (Christopher Harper) in one of the grittiest storylines the show has ever explored.

Bethany believes she's in a normal relationship with a man 20 years her senior, but she's unaware of Nathan's very dark – and worrying – intentions.

While it's already been revealed that the story is set to run for some time, these new paparazzi pictures prove that things could be about to take a very upsetting turn.

Bethany in Coronation Street
    © MCPIX/MARK CAMPBELL

Bethany in Coronation Street
    © MCPIX/MARK CAMPBELL

Bethany can be seen crying and bleeding on a canal path in the shock images, although further story details are under wraps at the moment.

With Nathan out of sight, it's not clear whether he is the cause of her injury and upset – but it's likely given that he's about to start "pimping her out" to his friends.

Scenes airing tomorrow night will see Bethany make a shock discovery about Nathan when she stumbles across a cosy-looking picture of him and his 'assistant' Mel.

But it's safe to say their disagreement doesn't last long as Bethany will soon get engaged to Nathan in another worrying twist.

Digital Spy

I think Craig has a crush on her

Bethany Platt is rescued by Craig Tinker after waking dazed and bleeding in alleyway
    Her storyline has already raised eyebrows. But now fans of Coronation Street can expect more shocking scenes as Bethany Platt's ordeal reaches fever pitch, this month.
    Images released by ITV on Friday show the character, played by actress Lucy Fallon, bloodied and crying after another ordeal at the hands of Nathan (Chris Harper).
    Huddled on a canal tow path, the youngster can be seen waking up in a bloodied mess from the night before.
    Her friend Craig Tinker (played by Colson Smith) stumbles upon her by chance and manages to intervene.
    Although it's not clear what happened to her, the suggestion is that she was either attacked by her duplicitous boyfriend or one of the men he introduced her to.
    However, Nathan's right-hand woman, Mel, is also a suspect. She was instrumental in Bethany losing her virginity to Nathan, when she spiked the teen’s drink.
    The Mirror have contacted ITV for further clarification, but are yet to receive a response.
    The latest images come just weeks after pre-watershed scenes showed Bethany being paraded around as a sex object at a 'grooming party'.
    Viewers expressed their disgust at the storyline, and at one point there were concerns that the soap may be investigated by Ofcom.
    But, despite the complaints, viewers and charities have praised Coronation Street for tackling the harrowing storyline head-on.

Last edited by Perdita; 15-04-2017 at 05:59.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (15-04-2017)

Nathan Curtis's evil plan finally comes to fruition on Coronation Street next week as his girlfriend Bethany Platt sleeps with a guy she barely knows.

Weatherfield villain Nathan (Christopher Harper) has been grooming Bethany for months now, hoping to achieve his ultimate aim of pimping her out to his various friends and acquaintances.

Now convinced that Bethany is completely under his spell, Nathan puts the next stage of his scheming into action by convincing her that they owe his friend Neil a huge favour.

Nathan's plan sees him convince Bethany that he's struggling financially and he's now in Neil's debt, but she could help to smooth the waters by going for a drink with Neil as he clearly has a soft spot for her.

Bethany agrees as she's desperate to impress Nathan, but after spending an evening drinking with Neil at a bar, she's horrified to realise that she's expected to seal the deal by sleeping with him at the end of the night.

Lucy Fallon, who plays Bethany, explained: "Nathan tells Bethany to go out for a drink with Neil and she agrees. Neil seems very nice, but then they come back to the flat – where there's a party going on – and Neil keeps trying to make her sit on his knee.

"Bethany's like: 'No, this is so weird'. But then Neil says: 'Let's go into the bedroom – it's too loud in here'. She says no, but he picks her up and carries her in there.

"Bethany is looking at Nathan, and they've planned that if she ever feels uncomfortable or unsafe, she'll rub her ear. She does that but he ignores her.

Bethany Platt follows Nathan's instructions over Neil in Coronation Street
    © ITV

Bethany Platt follows Nathan's instructions over Neil in Coronation Street
    © ITV

"Neil takes Bethany into the room and so she's in the situation where she's saying no to him, telling him she's got a boyfriend. But I think because she's so in love with Nathan, she just does what he seems to want her to do."

Revealing what happens next, Lucy added: "We see Bethany and Nathan the morning after and he says he'll make her some breakfast. She's confused and thinking, 'Does he know what's happened?' She doesn't know what's going on and feels that she's cheated on him.

"Bethany doesn't know whether Nathan knows or not. He's quite cool with her and part of her wants to talk about it, so she mentions it and Nathan's like, 'Okay, shut up. It's fine'.

"Later on, she hears him on the phone to Neil and he says to her, 'I know what happened and it's fine – you did good.' Bethany's very confused.

"From the point that Bethany sleeps with Neil, she's questioning why Nathan would let her do that. There's a scene where she says: 'You were supposed to love me, why would you be okay with me sleeping with someone else?'

"Nathan says: 'It turns me on when you're with other men. It makes you more desirable when other men want you'. From that point, there are little things that make Bethany think that this isn't right. Bethany isn't stupid, but because Nathan's influence on her is so big, it outweighs her thoughts. But she starts to think something isn't right."

Bethany's ordeal with Nathan is expected to run until the summer – and Corrie boss Kate Oates has kept Lucy closely informed about where the story is heading in the long-run.

She said: "I have regular chats with Kate about what's going to happen because the content is quite horrid. She wants to keep me in the loop so that I'm happy. I know where it gets to, but not what happens afterwards. I know up to September."

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Friday, April 28 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (18-04-2017)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...lot-twist.html

Bethany is raped by Nathan's friend

I am finding this storyline very difficult. Felt very sorry for Sarah

Thread Information