Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethany Platt

It's pretty safe to say Coronation Street's Bethany Platt has had a pretty tough time. She's been a victim of bullying from absolute terror Lauren, while also dealing with her mum's mental illness and the murder of her aunt Kylie.

But now things might finally be looking up for the troubled teen after actress Lucy Fallon has revealed a more positive storyline is in sight for her character.

The last we saw from Bethany's heartbreaking storyline, she had reported being bullied by Lauren, only to get suspended when the school decided they were both to blame.

She also developed an obsession with diet pills and exercise after Lauren continued to make fun of her appearance, resulting in a worrying collapse while on a running machine at the gym and prompting the concerns of Gary Windass (Mikey North).

However, it looks like it's going to be a happy ending for Bethany after Lucy Fallon revealed a brighter future for her character.

Speaking to the Daily Express, Lucy revealed that Bethany will finally be vindicated as Lauren gets exposed as a bully and is permanently expelled.

Lauren apologises to Bethany
    © ITV

"The head teacher says that she's been very brave in coming forward and that because of her a lot of other girls came forward to say it happened to them, too," Lucy explained.

"She goes home and tells her mum and gran and then she just bursts into tears because she's so relieved that it's all over."

Well, thank God for that. Maybe the Corrie writers can leave her character alone for a bit? The girl needs a break.

Digital Spy

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-09-2016), lizann (17-09-2016), parkerman (17-09-2016), swmc66 (19-09-2016), tammyy2j (20-09-2016)

Great the bullying has ended

4. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (20-09-2016)

Could Lauren be redeemed, I thought her and her mother had great potential, Lauren and David had chemistry
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 20-09-2016 at 16:20.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-09-2016), parkerman (20-09-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Could Lauren be redeemed, I thought her and her mother had great potential, Lauren and David had chemistry

you could cut the passion with a scissors

you could cut the passion with a scissors

No way as she does not have any good side to her. I know he goes for so called bad troubled girls but ones with a heart. He's not that stupid

Coronation Street producer Kate Oates has revealed that she has big plans for Bethany Platt.

Bethany (Lucy Fallon) has already taken centre stage in one huge storyline this year as she was badly bullied by girls at school, but it turns out this was just the beginning of a much longer journey for her.

The bullying plot was already well in motion when Kate took over as producer in April, but she's now decided that it should have a longer aftermath on screen. We've already seen Bethany develop a worrying obsession with diet and exercise, but could the worst still be to come?

Bethany secretly takes more of her diet pills
    © ITV
    Speaking at a Coronation Street press event this week, Kate explained: "I'm excited about the Bethany story, which started off before I got here with the bullying she was experiencing.

"What we'll see is what can happen to a teenage girl as her self-esteem is chipped away and what a dangerous thing that can be.

"I think Lucy Fallon is brilliant. There was a scene recently where Bethany was sitting with Sarah in Roy's Rolls, and Sarah realised she hadn't been eating properly.

"They both have this beautiful thing they do with their eyes where they show so much emotion. I ended up extending each shot as much as I possibly could.

"I think they're also honing that mother/daughter dynamic. Because Sarah was so young when she had Bethany, it's always going to look like they could be mistaken for sisters occasionally.

"But I do really think that they're working on that mother/daughter dynamic quite beautifully. I'm really enjoying that."

Viewers will see Sarah (Tina O'Brien) continue to grow closer to Gary Windass over the coming weeks, unaware that Bethany also has growing feelings for him.

Kate added: "I'm also excited for Sarah and Gary along the way. I love Sarah and Gary. I cheered when they first kissed.

"Bethany has feelings for Gary - pretty strong ones and Sarah has no idea about that. He has no idea either at the moment, but whether that will change, you'll just have to wait and see.

"For me that is a story about teenagers and how pressures - which a lot of people think is just part of growing up - can build and compound and have quite scary consequences.

"I think Lucy has the acting chops to carry that off. It's a long arc and it's going to be quite important, so I'm looking forward to that playing out."

Digital Spy

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-10-2016), Ruffed_lemur (11-10-2016), tammyy2j (11-10-2016)

I like that Kate Oates says this will be a long story arc for Bethany. EE's Linda Carter's two episode eating disorder was truly pathetic and insulting to sufferers for whom there are no easy answers.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (11-10-2016), Perdita (11-10-2016), tammyy2j (11-10-2016)

Coronation Street is lining up a huge storyline for Bethany Platt next year as she finds herself charmed by a much older man.

Bethany (Lucy Fallon) has already taken centre stage in one huge storyline this year as she was badly bullied by girls at school, but it turns out this was just the beginning of a much longer journey for her.

The show's boss Kate Oates had previously confirmed this back in October when she said that "we'll see what can happen to a teenage girl as her self-esteem is chipped away and what a dangerous thing that can be".

Further details about Bethany's story have now been confirmed - and it seems that newcomer Nathan will play a very integral role in the new turmoil for the teen.

Little is known about Nathan at the moment - other than he is being introduced alongside another troublesome character, Shona.

Shona will make her first appearance later this month as she attempts to chat up David Platt in a bar, and while her story isn't yet completely obvious, it has been revealed that she will be brought into Weatherfield by Billy the vicar.

Fans will have to tune in to see what lies ahead for Shona, but it certainly seems that Nathan won't waste any time before getting to know the locals, with potentially devastating consequences for a vulnerable Bethany.

As life calms down at the Platts', and Sarah settles into her relationship with Gary, Bethany will find herself charmed by Nathan, whose true intentions will remain a mystery for some time.

Still feeling raw over her unrequited crush on Gary, it's clear Bethany is heading down a dangerous track. But what is she letting herself in for? And is there a lot more to Nathan than meets the eye?

Digital Spy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-12-2016)

Thread Information