Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethany Platt

Exclamation Bethany Platt

Newcomer Katie Redford has been revealed as Sarah-Louise Platt's daughter Bethany on Coronation Street.

The character is returning to the cobbles as a 14-year-old this spring, having left her home in Milan, Italy.

Coronation Street's Katie Redford
    © Jo McLintock

Coronation Street's Helen Worth on Tina O'Brien return: 'I'm delighted'

Bethany turns up unannounced and is soon followed by mum Sarah who will be played by Tina O'Brien once again. She intends to bring her daughter back to Milan but both end up staying in Weatherfield.

Speaking about the news, Redford said: "Until I'm actually on set, I genuinely don't think it will sink in that I'm joining the cast of Coronation Street. I know it sounds cliched but it really feels like a dream come true.

"Bethany Platt is going to be such a fun and witty character to play and I hope everyone enjoys her return as much as I'm going to!"

Producer Stuart Blackburn added: "Full of mischief and with a real lust for life Bethany is an unpredictable force of nature who will bring joy and chaos in equal measure, turning their household upside down.

"Life has just got a lot more interesting for The Platts and anyone who crosses Bethany's path."

The Grimshaw family will also be affected by Sarah's return due to her history with warring brothers Jason and Todd.

O'Brien took over as Sarah in 1999 when the role was recast. She left the cobbles in 2007 and has since had parts in Blue Murder, Waterloo Road, Accused, Doctors and Casualty.

The actress and her personal trainer boyfriend Adam Crofts recently welcomed the arrival of a baby boy. She also has a 5-year-old daughter Scarlett, whose father is Coronation Street actor Ryan Thomas (Jason).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-01-2015), tammyy2j (16-01-2015)

She looks older than 14

I think she looks a bit like Tina, so quite believable mother and daughter pairing

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-01-2015), lizann (18-01-2015)

That's what I thought. Good casting

The actress is actually 25 apparently! She was on Twitter with the username @katieredford89 but it's since been deleted. ITV/Corrie were telling people that she was 19...

Well lets hope she is a convincing 14 year old. They used to do that with a lot of programmes and films ..get someone a lot older to play them. Shame as they are taking opportunities away from teenagers who do not have many opportunities.

Also a shame as she seems that she won't stay long. The actress has been in quite a bit prior (including films) and is also a writer. What will they do I wonder if she only does a year? A 15 year old can't decide to go travelling or whatever so she may end up running away and returning with a new head.

I think they look quite a like, Tina OBrien has always been older than Sarah and they do look quite similar.

I get why they do it though as a soap such as coronation street where the filming schedules are so intense you are not as limited when the actors are older.

duplicate...
    Last edited by Katy; 17-01-2015 at 14:29.

Now I am going to look at her and think about her being 25. Naughty of corrie to lie about her age on publicity and get her to delete her twitter account.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-01-2015)

Thread Information