Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethany Platt

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I hope it is not true
    Nor do I but I fear Kate Oates will make it happen ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (19-11-2017), tammyy2j (21-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I hope it is not true
    is bethany the new carla with only misery bad storylines for her

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (21-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is bethany the new carla with only misery bad storylines for her
    Bethany will need time to deal with the Nathan part of her life and that won't be easy but they should show her getting counselling rather than becoming a lap dancer ...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (20-11-2017), parkerman (20-11-2017), Ruffed_lemur (20-11-2017), tammyy2j (21-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Bethany will need time to deal with the Nathan part of her life and that won't be easy but they should show her getting counselling rather than becoming a lap dancer ...
    i agree it would be good to see her recovery if throughly ever she would fully recover be done slowly not rushed and to start with counselling maybe have her try reach out help others, centre volunteer

is this the big controversial storyline?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/11/corona...-year-7064474/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (20-11-2017), tammyy2j (21-11-2017)

Coronation Street's Lucy Fallon has confirmed that her character Bethany Platt will become a lapdancer in an upcoming storyline – and there's a heartbreaking reason for her decision.

While speaking to the Manchester Evening News, Lucy revealed that Bethany's turn as a dancer is a way for the teenager to 'recover' from her horrific grooming ordeal.

Admitting that Bethany has a long road to recovery ahead of her, Lucy said: "She takes back control of her own body and the way she views herself.

"Bethany does get a job at the strip club and for Bethany it's a thing to say that she has control over what those men can do to her so they can't touch her and they can't do anything to her."

Hinting that Bethany's new job might not empower her in the way she hopes, Lucy added: "In her mind she's laughing at them as she's doing it.

"Obviously a lot of people will be asking, 'Why is she doing that? That's ridiculous', but it's the way that she's recovering – whether that's the right thing is another story."

Corrie fans will soon be seeing Bethany back on their screens, as it's now been confirmed that she will be returning to the Cobbles next week.

Sarah's earlier announcement that Bethany would be staying abroad for the foreseeable future sparked speculation from worried fans that she might not be returning to the Street at all.

But thankfully, that's not the case.

Digital Spy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Rear window (22-11-2017)

Coronation Street boss Kate Oates has confirmed a romance for Bethany Platt and Craig Tinker is on the cards next year.

Craig was a pillar of support for his friend Bethany during her harrowing grooming ordeal – and fans have been rooting for the pair to get together ever since.

Lucy Fallon, who plays Bethany, recently teased a possible future for the duo, but the show's producer Kate has now revealed that romance is definitely on the cards.

Speaking to the Radio Times, Kate said: "In news that should gladden the heart of even the most Scrooge-like curmudgeon – Bethany will embark on a tentative romance with Craig. Glad tidings indeed!"

The happy teaser comes following the news that the Bethany would turn to lapdancing in the aftermath of her abuse at the hands of evil Nathan Curtis.

Speaking about the plot, Lucy said: "She takes back control of her own body and the way she views herself.

"Bethany does get a job at the strip club and for Bethany it's a thing to say that she has control over what those men can do to her so they can't touch her and they can't do anything to her.

"Obviously a lot of people will be asking, 'Why is she doing that? That's ridiculous,' but it's the way that she's recovering – whether that's the right thing is another story."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coro...nce-confirmed/

Craig and Bethany

Very surprised there is not a thread dedicated to this. However in my opinion their relationship is what they should be showing over Christmas, rather than all the doom and gloom of Phelan, Adam and Aidan.

Whoever has read the spoilers will know that Bethany finally tells Craig on Boxing day that she wants them to start a relationship but that she wants to take things slow. As she has realised how great a guy Craig is

I am really looking forward to what is in store for the pair. I think they could be really good for one another. I already feel like it's going to be the new 'Stacey and Bradley (EE)', so I hope the writers don't disappoint.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sean slater For This Useful Post:

Rear window (17-12-2017)

Currently Corrie writers are doing a great job in disapointing us. It would be nice to have a happy storyline. I think the boys outside her house knew her story so were staring and making fun.

I was wrong about Boxing Day. Surprised they got together on Friday night Fabulous though, hopefully more Craig and Bethany to come during Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing how their relationship will work. They have fun together but bringing romance to the table will provide a different dynamic. It's also quite nice that Craig's a virgin and Bethany hasn't had good experience with sexual relationships, so its sort of the first time for both of them. Give them more time to get used to each other and for their feelings to develop and grow before moving onto the next level.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sean slater For This Useful Post:

Rear window (17-12-2017)

Well we can hope, Sean, but as Ms Oakes has made a pig's ear of every other storyline in Corrie, I wouldn't bet on it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (17-12-2017)

Thread Information