Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethany Platt

Life for the Platts looks set to get darker on Coronation Street, with Lucy Fallon promising some "really scary" storylines ahead for the troubled family.

The actress, who plays rebellious teen Bethany Platt, confirmed that her character will be at the centre of the drama as the on-screen clan's ongoing troubles with bad boy Callum Logan (Sean Ward) continue.

Callum has already caused big trouble for the Platts this year, but it seems that he is only just beginning as his behaviour becomes more extreme over the coming months.

Fallon told the new issue of Inside Soap, out tomorrow: "What's coming up for Bethany is very intense. Some really scary things are going to happen involving her and the Platts - and it's quite a brave storyline, so I think viewers will be surprised.

"This could be the wake-up call she needs to straighten herself out."

Bethany provides Callum with information
    © ITV
    Bethany and Callum

Jack P Shepherd, who plays David Platt, added: "We're gearing up for the live episode - and there's lots of action involving the Platts.

"It's all building towards David being out for revenge - but only time will tell as to whether he's finally met his match in Callum."

Last week, it was revealed that Jason Grimshaw will step up to protect the Platts when Callum turns nastier - which earns him a trip to hospital when the villain arranges for him to be beaten up by thugs.

Sarah and Jason hatch a plan
    © ITV
    Jason will try to help his ex Sarah

Ryan Thomas, who plays Jason, explained: "It's different for Jason's character because he's normally playing the loveable family guy. It's just a change of character for him where he gets to be a little bit more aggressive and protective over his family and people around him.

"He's got a lot to do with Sarah and Bethany, protecting them and the Platts. There's a lot of fighting going on!"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-07-2015), maidmarian (27-07-2015)

she's started to roll her eyes again and you just see the whites of her eyes. Very off putting. Surely the camera team can pick that up?

I think Bethany should be seduced by Callum as she thinks she is such a "grown up" and
    she gets pregnant, and at same time her mother gets pregnant by him too!
    Can you imagine the commotion the two of them preggers by the "bad boy", (he could wait till her 16th birthday and give her a "surprise" present)
    then with bit of luck, the two of them can disappear back to Milan with their bumps!!!
    Last edited by owenlee4me; 02-08-2015 at 12:06. Reason: wrong word
    We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged
    Heinrich Heine

I think Bethany should be seduced by Callum and she thinks she is such a "grown up" but she gets pregnant, and at same time her mother gets pregnant by him too!
    Can you imagine the commotion the two of them preggers by the "bad boy", (he could wait till her 16th birthday and give her a "surprise" present)
    then with bit of luck, the two of them can disappear back to Milan with their bumps!!!
    We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged
    Heinrich Heine

Callum seducing Bethany now would suit me fine, then he can go to prison for statutory rape.

It would funny if Bethany did get pregnant. She seems to be taking the moral high ground over Sarah and Faye - though if she did get pregnant, I could see her protesting that at least she lasted three years longer than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Callum seducing Bethany now would suit me fine, then he can go to prison for statutory rape.
    I really, really hope that doesn't happen! I don't want to have to witness it, even if it's mostly offscreen.

Don't think that will happen. I think there will be finally enough proof that he is a drug dealer and he will do a runner

9. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-08-2015)

The drug dealing have not put Bethany off Callum

She is in love with him and her heart is ruling her head ...

Coronation Street's Bethany Platt finds herself menaced in the playground by merciless school bullies
    She's caused no end of problems for her mother and the rest of the Platt family.
    But Coronation Street's own pint-sized diva, Bethany Platt, looks set to have rough time as she finds herself mercilessly bullied at school by a girl gang in new behind the scene shots.
    Shooting on location at a local school in Manchester, on Tuesday, Lucy Fallon and a group of extras began to film Bethany's latest dramatic storyline - which sees the teen attacked in the playground.
    In the up-coming storyline, the cobbles hell-raising teen will find herself on the receiving end of some malicious and violent behaviour, as a gang of girls brutally terrorize her at school.
    Bethany - who returned to Weatherfield form Italy with mum Sarah in 2015 - has so far yet to settle into a quiet routine, as she has been keen to stir up strife and trouble at every opportunity.
    But it seems she is set to take a turn as the victim, as the outspoken character is seen attracting the wrong sort of attention from some of her class mates.
    In the latest teaser shots, Lucy Fallon's character can be seen sat outside in the school playground, wrapped up against the cold in her parka jacket.
    Apparently keen to do some extra homework, Bethany is swotting up on her Biology homework, but appears keen to move when she spots a gang of girls coming her way.
    Unfortunately for the mouthy member of the Platt clan, the girls have already spotted her and promptly surround her.
    Encircling a nervous looking Bethany, the five girls begin to joke with each other; before squaring up to the cobbles youngster.
    However things take a sinister and shocking turn when the bullying becomes physical, and a girl who appears to be the group's ringleader bears down on Bethany.
    Grabbing her blonde hair roughly, the Weatherfield bully makes Bethany howl in pain as she forces her to the floor.
    And while its not known if this is a one off story or a new on-going plot, Sarah's daughter looks thoroughly shocked and distressed after the menacing.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-01-2016), tammyy2j (23-02-2016)

Thread Information