Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Bethany Platt

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...bethany-platt/

Lucy Fallon will return to Coronation Street as Bethany Platt following a three-year absence.

Fallon played Bethany for five years before departing the ITV soap in 2020, with the character leaving Weatherfield for a job opportunity in London and calling time on her relationship with Daniel Osbourne.

The Sun is now reporting that Fallon will reprise her role, with filming beginning in the "coming months".

Her first scenes will reportedly air "after Christmas", with the star said to be impressed by the upcoming storylines that have been planned for Bethany. Digital Spy has reached out to ITV and Fallon's representatives seeking comment.

Bethany first appeared on the soap in 2000, originally being played by Mia Cookson; twins Amy and Emily Walton took over the role that year, playing the character until 2007.

During her time away from the soap, Fallon has appeared in the Audible audio drama Sour Hall alongside Doctor Who star Pearl Mackie.

Both would also appear in the period drama Tom Jones for ITVX and PBS, which premiered earlier this year.

She also welcomed a baby boy named Sonny Jude with her partner, Preston North End footballer Ryan Ledson, in January.

Fallon previously said she was keeping an open mind about a Corrie return, confirming she would "never say never" to a comeback.

"I didn't leave for any particular reason. I didn't leave because I didn't like it. I left because I wanted to go down different avenues," she said in 2021.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (13-08-2023)

Coronation Street confirms sex shock for Bethany Platt and Daniel Osbourne

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...iel-sex-shock/

Coronation Street's Bethany Platt spends the night with Daniel Osbourne when she returns to Weatherfield later this month.

Lucy Fallon has reprised the role of Bethany, who makes her big comeback in the ITV soap's New Year's Eve episode.

Bethany's reappearance comes after Daniel's relationship with Daisy Midgeley has finally broken down.

Daniel recently discovered that Daisy cheated on him by sleeping with Ryan Connor. He has decided to forget about what happened, but upcoming episodes see Daisy confess everything as she's unaware that he already knows.

The confession, coupled with Daisy admitting that she loves Ryan, ultimately leads to her relationship being destroyed.

Over the Christmas period, Daniel tells Daisy that he'd like to chat and this leaves her hopeful that they could try again.

However, on New Year's Eve, Daniel's attention shifts as he's delighted when he sees that Bethany has made a return visit to Weatherfield.

Jenny urges Daisy to go and find Daniel and make amends with a New Year's kiss, but with Bethany now back in town, Daisy could be facing a nasty surprise.

The next day, Daisy tells Jenny that she was humiliated when she sought out Daniel, who seems to have already turned his attention back to his ex.

Bethany visits Sarah's flat and announces her return, having missed her family the night before.

News of Bethany's return then spreads to Gail, who suggests a family lunch to celebrate.

Daisy notices Bethany and points her out to Jenny. Jenny then reveals that Daniel slept with Bethany the night before, leaving Gail, Sarah and David all stunned. But how will Bethany react to their judgemental behaviour?

Coronation Street airs Bethany's return on Sunday, December 31 at 8pm on ITV1.

Bethany will be getting involved in another big storyline this year as she becomes embroiled in the hunt for Lauren Bolton, who disappeared suddenly and remains missing.

"Bethany becomes entwined with Lauren, and feels it's her duty to track down where Lauren is," she explained.

"I'm looking forward to seeing how this story plays out, and I'm excited for the audience to find out what has happened to Lauren."

Lucy Fallon has teased a huge new storyline for Bethany Platt.

Talking to Inside Soap magazine about new reality series Drama Queens, Fallon revealed her character Bethany will be at the centre of a big Coronation Street storyline.

"Bethany's involved in the storyline surrounding Lauren's disappearance, but there's another huge plot coming up for her that we haven't started filming. I'm really excited," she hinted.

Thread Information