Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Bethany Platt

!
    Last edited by LouiseP; 02-05-2019 at 19:10.

did she not sign a contract recent enough? what's going on?

I deleted my comment as I had heard that Liam Bairstow ( Alex ) was leaving . He posted a tweet to say he was leaving and now Corrie denies it.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    did she not sign a contract recent enough? what's going on?
    She is leaving but not until the end of 2020.

Bethany has her eyes on James Bailey, and after some convincing by his father Ed, she asks him out on a date.

The pair then sit down together at a party where she decides to go in for a kiss – except that's when he tells her he's gay.

Coronation Street star Lucy Fallon has opened up about her upcoming exit from the show, revealing when she will film her final scenes.

Earlier this year, the Bethany Platt actress confirmed that she will be leaving when her contract expires in 2020 to pursue other projects.

Speaking on Lorraine this morning (September 11), Fallon shared that she will be filming her exit at the "end of January" and predicted that her goodbye scenes would air on TV a couple of months later.

"End of January, I will leave Corrie," she said. "But then I'll be on screen until maybe March.

"It's going to be horrible. When I leave, I'll have been there for five years and it just kind of feels like the right time. I'm going to miss everybody so much. I can't even think about it because I'll just be upset. I'm excited, I'm nervous – we'll see what happens.

"I've literally had the best time... I'm going to be devastated, but hopefully they'll keep me in the group chats!"

Fallon added that she has "nothing lined up at the moment", but said that she's not interested in doing Strictly Come Dancing for the time being.

"I think I'd like to focus on doing more acting, drama, and things. And maybe in the future I could do something like that," when asked by Lorraine whether or not she would consider going on the BBC dancing show.

Digital Spy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (12-09-2019)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...oryline-hints/

Bethany Platt's romantic feelings for Daniel Osbourne could play a huge part in her departure from Coronation Street.

The brief kiss between the two in the run-up to Sinead's tragic death from cancer continues to torment Daniel (Rob Mallard), though Bethany (Lucy Fallon) still harbours some feelings for him.

When producer Iain Macleod recently chatted with Digital Spy and other media, he teased how Daniel's guilt will continue taking a toll on him in the months ahead.

"We have got the interesting next chapter of the Daniel and Bethany story, which is about Daniel's grief," the producer said. "One thing that soap typically struggles with is telling a realistic grief time-frame because we're in that person's house, head and mind in every day, and it gets to the point whereas a viewer you think: 'This is really truthful, but it's getting quite dark now'.

"But I think we've found a really clever way of realistically portraying the next chapter of Daniel's grief."

Macleod also refused to rule out the possibility that the two might someday officially pair up as a couple.

"That indeed is the question actually," he teased. "That's the point of the story. In one of their heads, it's a romance. In the other, it's slightly more complicated than that.

"I think we've cracked what's a really interesting grief story, which isn't just Daniel sitting in his flat feeling really lonely. That's going to be quite big at the start of the year and ultimately form part of Lucy Fallon's exit story, without saying too much more about it than that."

Lucy Fallon was most recently snapped filming some disturbing scenes for Bethany, which might tip that she'll be drawn into sleazy Ray Crosby's web.

Digital Spy

does bethany leave pregnant by daniel or ray?

Lucy Fallon has confirmed that she has filmed her final on-screen scenes for Bethany Platt’s exit. She confirmed last year that she is leaving the soap and she now only has two days left of filming, due to scenes being filmed out of sequence.

It is not confirmed what the final scene will involve but as it is understood that Bethany isn’t being killed off, it must have been an emotional day as it is likely to have involved her on-screen family.

She shared the news on Twitter alongside a photo of the Platt family. There are still major storylines to come for Bethany before she leaves. There are more complications in her relationship with grieiving Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard). She will also take on sex pest Ray.

Iain MacLeod recently told Metro.co.uk: ‘There’s the interesting enxt chapter in the Daniel and Bethany story which is about Daniel’s grief. Soaps can struggle to tell a realistic grief timeline – there comes a point where viewers find it dark and downbeat but I think we’ve found a clever way to realistically play out the next chapter of that.

‘In one of their heads it’s a romance but in the others it’s a lot more complicated. It’s a really interesting grief story where it’s not just about Daniel sitting alone in his flat, feeling lonely. It will ultimately form part of Lucy Fallon’s exit story.’

Speaking about her exit recently, Lucy shared: ‘It’s hard to put into words how much this show means to me. I’ve made lifelong friends with some of the most talented and hardworking people in the industry, I’ve had some terrific and immensely important storylines and I’ve laughed with the best people everyday.

‘I’m so thankful to Iain and everyone at Coronation Street, I owe everything to them and I will miss them greatly. Thank you so much for your support and love… can’t wait to see what’s in store for Bethany this year.’

Her final scenes will air in March.

returning

Thread Information