Thread: Are Dot Sutherland and Nancy Tinker related in real life?

Are Dot Sutherland and Nancy Tinker related in real life?

Did anyone notice that the actress Katie Fitzgerald who plays Nancy Tinker in Corrie currently looks exactly like the actress Susie Baxter who plays Maria and Kirks mum Dot Sutherland, Does anyone know, are they real life sisters?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Bear View Post
    Did anyone notice that the actress Katie Fitzgerald who plays Nancy Tinker in Corrie currently looks exactly like the actress Susie Baxter who plays Maria and Kirks mum Dot Sutherland, Does anyone know, are they real life sisters?
    Hi Claire Bear, and welcome to Soapboards.

I don't know the answer to your query, and could find very little information about either actress online. The best I could come up with was this article about Kate Fitzgerald. It doesn't mention that she was starring in Corrie with her sister so I think they're probably not related.

According to IMDB, Katie Fitzgerald is the sister of Angela Walsh, who is also an actress. Were she also the sister of Susie Baxter, I'd have thought it would be mentioned there, so I'd also say no.
    Last edited by Kim; 17-01-2015 at 08:20.

And talking of relatives. I`ve often wondered if Kate Oates, the producer of Emmerdale is related to Debbie Oates, one of the Corrie writers. I haven`t seen a pic of Debbie Oates, so don`t know if they have similar looks if they are related.
    I have seen a pic of Kate Oates, she is very pretty - she reminds me of a younger Kate Bush.

Thread Information