Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Carly Hope

Emmerdale's Carly Hope plans a secret getaway from the village next week after a life-or-death drama for Marlon Dingle's young daughter April.

A worrying situation unfolds as Marlon's birthday arrives, with April playing a key role in putting the celebrations together.

When April (Amelia Flanagan) chokes violently on a sweet while helping with the food, Carly is the only person in the room with her and she completely freezes.

With Carly standing back and doing absolutely nothing to help, it's left to Marlon (Mark Charnock) to rush inside and save April before it's too late. But why has Carly reacted so strangely?

Gemma Atkinson, who plays Carly, revealed: "Carly is in the kitchen with April when it happens, but she doesn't react. She freezes with fear and she doesn't help April at all. April is really seriously choking and it's life-threatening.

"Marlon, Brenda and Bob then run in and they're wondering what the fuss is all about. They see April choking and they wonder why Carly is not doing anything.

"Luckily Marlon comes to her rescue, but then the whole room turns and looks at Carly. It's actually Bob who says: 'Couldn't you see she was choking?'

"But I think it's because deep down, Carly hasn't dealt with the guilt of losing her own son Billy. She still blames herself for Billy's cot death. She's convinced that she did something wrong and that she's not cut out to be a mother.

"Now that Carly has failed in helping April, it's a repeated pattern. It subconsciously brings all these memories back that her son died and she couldn't do anything about it.

"This time she could have helped April but she didn't. I think Carly could do with a good therapy session, as she's dealing with a lot of grief but it's all internal and she hasn't let those feelings out."

April and Marlon both struggle to forgive Carly after the upsetting incident, which leaves her wondering whether she really fits into their family life now.

Instead of sticking around to face the music, Carly ultimately decides to take the easy way out and plans to leave Emmerdale forever - but will Marlon realise what she's up to before she disappears for good?

Gemma added: "April is very upset with Carly and feels let down by her. Carly has said she'll always look after April, but in this case she hasn't. So April is upset and angry with Carly. She doesn't want Carly anywhere near her.

"Marlon is also in shock at first, but then he sits Carly down. She explains that it's because she was scared and she's really sorry. Deep down Marlon does believe her, but his way of telling her causes even more problems.

"Marlon says that he's just glad it ended this way. Carly just flips and says: 'What? Rather than ending like Billy did?' Carly goes on the defensive and this whole argument erupts, where she accuses him of not trusting her. She thinks April and him would be better off without her."

So will Carly really leave the Dales? We doubt it, since Gemma has recently landed a new contract with the ITV soap - but let's wait and see!

Asked whether it could be the last we see of Carly, Gemma replied: "It could well be. Obviously everyone knows she's run away from relationships previously, but on the other hand it's Emmerdale and there are twists and turns, so you'll just have to wait and see."

Digital Spy

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...oking-co-star/

Is Gemma really that shallow? Quitting a job because she wants to be paired with a better looking guy in a soap?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

deeCee (27-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...oking-co-star/

Is Gemma really that shallow? Quitting a job because she wants to be paired with a better looking guy in a soap?
    she isn't leaving she signed a new contract

5. The Following User Says Thank You to olivia1896 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (27-03-2017)

her ex mark who was her son billy's father shows up

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (08-05-2017)

is she gone for good, no goodbye to bob or april and more sad crying marlon again

Emmerdale waved goodbye to Carly Hope in tonight's (June 2) episode, but that may not have been the last we see of her as Gemma Atkinson insists she will be back.

Carly departed the village with her ex-boyfriend Matt following the breakdown of her relationship with Marlon Dingle, who had selflessly made her realise that he wasn't the man she really loved.

Rumours had been rife for a while that Gemma had bowed of the role, but it wasn't officially confirmed until next week's spoilers were released.

Although this is the last we will see of Carly for now, fans shouldn't be too disappointed as Gemma strongly believes it isn't the end for the character.

She said: "I am a hundred percent sure Carly will return. It's just a case of figuring out when and why and who she can mess up when she comes back.

"It's a huge, huge possibility. Carly has a dad in the village, and she didn't say goodbye to April – and that will play heavily on her mind.

"She will go and try and build a life with Matt, but there will always be this shadow that she has unfinished business in Emmerdale as well.

"It's the end at the moment, but not forever. I never say never. Carly will go off and do some living, but she will come back and make amends – hopefully she will find Marlon happy with someone when she does."

Discussing her reasons for leaving, Gemma added: "This job is so comfortable and amazing. I am wary that I could be here for seven or eight years and be in my forties in the same job.

"When you get too comfortable, you don't have to work hard – it becomes easy. I didn't want to become part of the furniture so sometimes you have to take the leap of faith."

Gemma has been with Emmerdale since 2015 when she took over the role previously played by Rebecca Ryan.

Digital Spy

Gemma Atkinson has hinted she may be returning to Emmerdale.

During an appearance on ITV's Lorraine today (November 30) with her Strictly Come Dancing partner Aljaz Skorjanec, the actress made it clear that she is very interested in reprising her role of Carly Hope.

She said: "[The Emmerdale cast] have all been down to watch me [on Strictly].

"I'd like to think [I will return to Emmerdale]. It's been left open so yeah, hopefully I will. I loved Emmerdale – but I don't want Strictly to end!"

Although she's not currently working on the ITV soap, Gemma still has a lot on her plate and is currently jugging her breakfast radio show with Strictly.

Always thought her departure was temporary and she would come back and explain to Bob and half the village why she never said good-bye to any of them before leaving

online rumours of recast return

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    online rumours of recast return
    Where?
    I don?t understand why Emmerdale does this (same with Kirin a while ago), there is no need for her return. Not very fond if recasts, and if they must do it should be really need for storyline reasons.

Thread Information