Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Carly Hope

I don't get it why would Ross help Carly-he loves Debbie I thought..?? And anyway..getting tired of Ross's bad boy-image now..bit boring all this unnecessary violence all the time..

Carly Hope flees from the village next week as her recent deception finally catches up with her.

When Carly gets involved in a violent van heist organised by her boyfriend Ross Barton, it's the final straw for her father Bob and he decides to come clean with his partner Brenda Walker about how he has betrayed her.

Here, Gemma Atkinson - who plays Carly - reveals the drama in store when vengeful Brenda decides to call the police.

How would you describe Carly's feelings for Ross?
    "Carly likes Ross, but she knows their relationship is nothing serious. She's also starting to see sides to Ross that people had warned her about. Next week, everything starts to come out and Carly realises what he's really like.

"Carly is absolutely disgusted with Ross and for the first time we actually see a good side of her. What Ross does is horrendous and the audience will think so too, so I think it's now time for them to start sympathising with Carly a little bit."

Does Carly have any suspicions about Ross's secret affair with Debbie yet?
    "None at all! It's weird because Carly is very sassy and streetwise, but with Ross, she's had the wool pulled over her eyes completely. She's also started to think that she's going to have a nice friendship with Debbie. Carly has been made a fool of, to be honest! It's sad that Ross doesn't just end it with her and just go ahead and be with Debbie. I don't think Carly would mind - it's the fact that she's been lied to that she'd have a problem with."

How does Carly get involved with Ross's violent van heist?
    "From the start, Carly is just told that it's a driving job. She is kept in the dark about what Ross is planning - I think he knows that if he told her the truth, she wouldn't agree to do it. Carly is taking on the job for Bob - she wants to help her dad financially and she's backed into a corner.

"It's only when the van turns up and Ross assaults the driver and leaves him for dead that Carly realises the truth of the situation. It's then left to Carly to make sure that an ambulance is called. She's in a horrible situation and I do feel sorry for her, to be honest!"
    Is this a nice chance to show Carly's good side?
    "Definitely. We've already seen that she's very loyal to her dad, which I think is great. But here, it's also the fact that she could have left this guy dead in the road, moved on and forgot about it. We see that she's got a conscience and a caring side."

Later on, does Carly tell Bob what happened?
    "Bob finds out for himself and it's more that Carly has to come clean to him. She's fed up of lying and running from the truth. Carly faces facts as she knows that what she's done is wrong and she tries to explain to Bob that she did it for him. Bob is disgusted and it's the final straw for him."

How does Brenda find out about Carly's recent bad behaviour?
    "There's a memorial service for Gennie, and Bob decides to come clean to Brenda on the day. He says that he can't keep it secret anymore and he wants to tell her everything. Carly is begging him not to come clean, but he tells the truth and Brenda calls the police. She reports Bob and Val for fraud and she also reports Carly for being the mastermind behind it! Afterwards, Bob gets arrested and Carly gets a visit from the police..."

How does Carly react when the police come calling?
    "Brenda arrives first and they have a face-off. Carly is sobbing to Brenda and saying how sorry she is. She says that she didn't mean to hurt anyone and she's begging Brenda to see her side of the situation, but Brenda is having none of it.

"A policeman then arrives and Brenda leaves Carly to it, but Carly is quite tactical with what she tells them. She has a good story planned and afterwards she does a runner! She buries her head in the sand and leaves Bob and Val to it."

What are the repercussions for everyone?
    "Carly, Bob and Val fooling the bank is a serious case of fraud. They knew that at the time, but they didn't think they'd get caught, so it didn't seem like too big of a deal. Now everything they've tried to do has collapsed. It all just comes crashing down and all three of them are in serious trouble.

"It's not only the financial side of it, it's also the fact that Bob's marriage is destroyed because Brenda no longer trusts him. His relationship with his daughter is also destroyed because she's put him in this position. The whole emotional rollercoaster is horrible for them all!"

Do you think Carly will ever face up to what she's done?
    "I think it's safe to say that Carly will always have something up her sleeve. She legs it, but I don't think she does that to just run and hide, she actually does that to come up with a plan B. What she'll do is go away for some time, then come back, save the day and hopefully apologise!

"With the type of character that she is, I'm sure she'll come up with something to make it all okay for everyone - probably something dodgy, though!"

Does Carly realise that the van heist also impacts on Jimmy as it was one of his vehicles?
    "That's another problem! It's a domino effect and now it's all come out, Carly realises the repercussions of it all. It's all a knock-on effect of how stupid and naive she's been.

"I think Carly will learn a lesson this time, as it's an eye-opener for her. She was in too deep and I think she got mixed up in the wrong crowd. Normally she's in the driver's seat, but Ross took things to a whole new level. I think this is the situation that will make her change her ways."

Have you enjoyed playing Carly so far?
    "Yes, I love the fact that she's really feisty and she stands up for what she believes in. She's loyal to her dad and I like the fact that she's a strong female character. I played Lisa Hunter in Hollyoaks who was a self-harmer, was bullied and very insecure. I also played Tamsin in Casualty, who was very quiet and reserved. Carly is one of the strong characters in Emmerdale and I like that side of her."

So Carly will definitely be back?
    "With the way she goes, she has to come back! Things get even worse for her family while she's away. Bob gets into a mess and I think it'd be nice for him to realise now that he needs Carly to come and help him. He's pushed her away, but the underlying story here is that family sticks together.

"I think Bob and Carly have realised that even with so much stuff going on around them, they always come back to each other and there's always something that keeps them tied."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (07-07-2015), TaintedLove (07-07-2015)

So Dross gets away with his crimes yet again, and leaving everyone to clean up after him. What a gutless coward.
    Sickening.

When is her trial or is that forgotten about?

Anyone else think she may get with Marlon

Last edited by tammyy2j; 27-09-2015 at 22:58.

She has a signed a new one year deal to stay on the show

Find it difficult to take to Carly .. she was so manipulative of Bob and even got him to become a criminal .. now she is all sweetness and light ... maybe she will get with Pete or David as nobody can be without a partner for long
    Last edited by Perdita; 14-10-2015 at 11:49. Reason: scared of grammar police

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Find it difficult to take to Carly .. she was so manipulative of Bob and even got him to become a criminal .. now she is all sweetness and light ... maybe she will get with Pete or David as nobody can be without a partner for long
    I cant take to her either and when is her bloody trial?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (17-10-2015), Perdita (14-10-2015)

Emmerdale's Carly Hope will get a new boyfriend next year

Show chiefs are considering three different possible lovers.

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    10 November 2015

Emmerdale bosses are lining up a new romance storyline for Carly Hope.

The show's story team have decided that the feisty character needs a new man in her life next year, but the jury is still out on who the lucky villager will be.

Carly briefly dated Ross Barton (Michael Parr) this year, but the romance fizzled out as the bad boy's heart truly belonged to Debbie Dingle.

Gemma Atkinson, who plays Carly, told Inside Soap's Yearbook 2016: "I think she needs to get a boyfriend. The producer told me they've narrowed it down to three possibilities, but I'm not allowed to say who.

"They're going to have a big storyline meeting and work out which one Carly is most suited to. It's like roulette - I keep asking if they've decided who it is yet!"

Atkinson took over the role of Carly at the beginning of the year, as Bob's wayward daughter returned to the village for the first time since 2006.

Reflecting on the past year, Atkinson said: "When I first started, I was told that the idea was to make people really dislike Carly, then slowly come round to her - then there's a bombshell and you find out why she was like that in the beginning.

"And that's exactly the reaction I've had from viewers. People have messaged me to say that they really hated Carly at first, but now they've warmed to her."

Source:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...end-next-year/

I suppose that once Debbie has left Emmerdale around New Year 2016 that Ross will want yet another young fit bird to be his "Bonnie and Clyde" gangster-type moll? Well hello local girl, Carly! Just will she go for it and be his hot-water bottle girl? Maybe (Hope) not!
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 11-11-2015 at 12:50.

Is her trial forgotten about?

I think Marlon will be her new romance

Thread Information