Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Katarina Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    So now there will be a vacancy for a hot female cop in the mould of Charlie Buckton and Kat Chapman no doubt.
    How about introducing a hot male cop for the ladies for a change H&A Producers? And if so, make him one that isn`t a baddy.
    There was one cop years ago in H&A that I really liked a lot...he was gorgeous. Nick Parish, Shanes brother. He could have arrested me anytime.
    It looks like you may be getting your wish, TaintedLove - well a new male cop anyway!!! A new policeman named Colby will be starting in the new year. At this stage it is not known whether he will be a permanent character though. The following was included in the latest update on arrivals/departures by BTTB in August:

Colby (Tim Franklin)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYIhLnRDW4o/

Actor Tim Franklin will be appearing as a new police officer, reportedly named Colby, in the new year. Nothing is known about the character or whether he’ll be sticking around, but scenes so far have seen him in a heated conversation with Ash, as well as filming with Leah and Jasmine

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-10-2017), TaintedLove (11-10-2017), tammyy2j (12-10-2017)

Wow thanks for that great bit of news Pantherboy....much appreciated. And what a coincidence about me mentioning about wanting a male cop around.
    From that Instagram pic you posted he looks very nice. And in a strange sort of way he does look a bit like Shane Parish.
    Oh so Colby has been seen filming with Leah? That`s Leah`s new love interest sorted then.

I still haven`t forgotten how vile Leah was to Irene a few months ago. I really can`t take to her at all. She reminds me too much of an Australian version of Anna Windass from Corrie for my liking. Both seem obsessed by their sons to the point of babying them in public. And both having a really nasty mean streak when they can`t get their own way.
    Just my opinion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (11-10-2017)

Just on Pia Miller/Kat, she has been spotted filming a new TV show for Ch9, & she is supposedly playing a detective!! A couple of weeks ago photos were taken of her filming at Manly (Sydney), & now it has been confirmed the new show will be called 'Bite Club'. It looks like Todd Lasance, who played Aiden on Home & Away, will also be in it:

So long, Seven! Pia Miller stuns in red satin as she announces her new thriller 'Bite Club' at Channel Nine Upfronts... after quitting Home and Away

She just announced her departure from Channel Seven's Home and Away after two years on the Aussie soap.
    And on Wednesday, Pia Miller looked like she couldn't care less about Summer Bay as she strutted her stuff on the red carpet at the Channel Nine Upfronts in Sydney.
    The 33-year-old actress was there to announce her new TV series, Bite Club.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Upfronts.html

..And this was the earlier Daily Telegraph article:

Home and Away star Pia Miller films new show in Manly

TV BEAUTY Pia Miller has been spotted filming a new TV drama.

Miller, 33, was wearing brightly-coloured active wear as she filmed scenes with Ash Ricardo, best known for Offspring, near Manly Wharf.

The shots, which show the pair running along the waterside, appear to confirm that the Home and Away star could have left the soapie which made her famous.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/f...1ad1?width=650

Images of actors filming funeral scenes for her character, cop Katarina Chapman and that of her unborn child last month, suggested she’s departed Summer Bay, which is filmed partly at Palm Beach.
    It’s been reported reality TV star Sam Frost, plays a character who runs her car off the road.
    However, last month Miller would not be drawn on the speculation she was leaving the show she’s been in for two years, saying “We can’t give away too many storylines”.

As reported in the Manly Daily, Ricardo, who plays Kerry in hit drama Offspring, and Todd Lasance, best known for playing Julius Caesar in the TV version of Spartacus and who also appeared in The Vampire Diaries, are also in the a new drama which is believed to have an element of shark bite victims in the story.
    Actors spotted on set in Manly this week included people missing limbs and a girl with a scar on her leg.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/b...41e5?width=316

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/c...fcb1?width=316

The show’s also believed to have a murder mystery element.
    Ricardo is dating Ian Meadows, who stars as Pete in The Wrong Girl.
    Cast and crew have also been spotted on South Steyne, on Sydney Road and in Market Lane.
    Extras have also been involved, including people in surf gear as well as business suits.
    The Steyne and Manly Pavilion are other locations, and no more details have been revealed about what the show is.

msn.com write-up on 'Bite Club':

Bite Club: This new Aussie thriller stars two detectives who survive a shark attack, then join forces to hunt down a serial killer who is stalking them. Currently in production in Sydney, the cast includes Todd Lasance, Ash Ricardo, Damian Walshe-Howling, Deborah Mailman, Robert Mammone, Pia Miller, Marny Kennedy, Darcie Irwin-Simpson and Dominic Monaghan. "It's a crime procedural, but through a completely different lens."
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 12-10-2017 at 04:26.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (12-10-2017)

Thanks P-boy.
    Do you know if 'Bite Club' (great name by the way) is a one off drama, or a series?
    I seem to recall the place Manly before. I think it was where Fiona Thompson lived in 'Sons and Daughters'

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (12-10-2017), Pantherboy (12-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Thanks P-boy.
    Do you know if 'Bite Club' (great name by the way) is a one off drama, or a series?
    I seem to recall the place Manly before. I think it was where Fiona Thompson lived in 'Sons and Daughters'
    Bite Club is an 8 part crime thriller TV Series. Looks like a great cast. Might have to check this one out when it screens next year. Maybe if it is successful they might commission a second series? This is the media release from the other day:

Killer cast for Nine’s new crime thriller Bite Club

An all-star cast for Playmaker’s new crime thriller Bite Club was announced today at Nine Network’s up-fronts event. Currently in production in Sydney, Bite Club has attracted major production investment from Screen Australia in association with Create NSW....

https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/s...ines-bite-club

(Manly is a suburb on the northern beaches of Sydney)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (13-10-2017)

Elsewhere in Summer Bay, Kat Chapman backs down from doing the right thing after facing a terrifying ordeal.

Kat (Pia Miller) has agreed to give evidence against some corrupt police officers, but her resolve to see justice served is about to crumble.

Later this month, Kat, Robbo, Justin and Scarlett are all followed as they head off for some much-needed downtime at a cabin in the woods.

Kat Chapman struggles in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Of course, no trip is ever that simple for Summer Bay's residents and this one is no different. A mystery man who's spent days following Robbo makes a shocking move by planting a bomb outside the cabin – with the four of them only saved thanks to Robbo spotting the device at the last minute.

Amid the chaotic scenes, the same man tries to abduct Kat and makes it clear that she's paying the price for turning her back on her "friends" in the force.

Robbo manages to rescue Kat before the man causes serious harm, but the damage is already done as she insists she won't be testifying anymore because she doesn't want anyone else to get hurt. Can Kat be talked round?

Kat Chapman struggles in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Wednesday, November 15 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

Article in the Sunday Telegraph today:

Pia Miller on her dramatic exit from Home And Away and how it mirrors her life.

KIDNAPPED, threatened with murder, almost crushed in a car, shot at, as well as surviving the slings and arrows of several Summer Bay romances, including a shock pregnancy.

It’s little wonder Pia Miller is leaving the show which helped launch her small screen career, having exhausted almost all of the crazy plot points Home And Away can throw at an actor.

Now, as her three-year contract comes to an end and with the 34-year-old poised to exit the series at its season end next week, Miller admits the drama won’t end for her when her character, Senior Constable Katerina Chapman, bids farewell.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...fede?width=650

Having charted a personal course full of twists and turns over her time on the soap, Miller tells TV guide, her life during the same period has all but imitated her art.

“I feel like if anyone’s life rivalled Kat’s in terms of dramas and ups and downs, it would be mine. It really has been an incredible, epic journey,” she says.

The mother of two — who uprooted her sons, Isaiah, 14 and Lennox, 11 from their home in Melbourne in order to take up the opportunity on Seven’s Sydney production — is “really proud” of the new life they have all built together.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...596b?width=650

Adding to the family’s happiness last month, Miller announced her engagement to film producer boyfriend, Tyson Mullane, who popped the question during a rural retreat.

“We’ve moved to a whole new state and started a whole new life because of different circumstances,” she says, “and to be really happy and grounded together in that is just wonderful.”

For the former model, those “circumstances” included a painful split from the father of her youngest son, former AFL star, Brad Miller; and leaving behind her own siblings and mother, based in Melbourne.

But the chance to learn on the job in one of Australia’s best acting nurseries was all worth it.

“I look back at that first scene that I shot, when Kat arrived in the caravan park and I was definitely quite green. I just remember how nervous I was and the things I was so self-conscious and worried about are now second nature,” she says.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...6382?width=650

The show’s intense filming schedule became “a rhythm thing, like a dance. If you first learn the steps of any choreography, you might look a bit clumsy. But if you practise again and again, you find your body moves more freely. And gosh, I hope I’ve learned a lot since then.”

Miller credits her co-stars, including former on screen loves, played by Jeremy Lindsay Taylor and George Mason, for holding her hand through the experience.

“[George] gave me the space to work and find what I needed in scenes. He was so generous. I guess the joy of what we do comes back to the environment in which we do it.”

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...ac12?width=650

Her latest challenge is Nine’s new crime miniseries, Bite Club, playing a detective, opposit Todd Lasance on the trail of a serial killer.

“Working with a new cast and on a whole different project has been really great as well. I feel so grateful to be expanding and learning yet again.”

Often challenged to prove she’s more than a pretty face, Miller says “the older I’ve got I know it’s not something I should apologise for or feel bad about ... it just is. If I had daughters, that’s what I’d be teaching them.”

* Home And Away airs 7pm weeknights on Seven.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (09-12-2017)

Home and Away's Kat Chapman finally discovers her boyfriend Robbo's shocking secret next month.

Kat (Pia Miller) reluctantly gets herself drawn into some secret detective work when Ash becomes determined to find out what Robbo is hiding from everyone.

Viewers know that Robbo has been told he was a dangerous assassin called Beckett Reid before he lost his memory last year.

Robbo has also since killed deranged Dennis Novak in a huge showdown – desperate to protect Kat at any cost.

Kat Chapman and Ash search for clues about Robbo in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Upcoming episodes see Ash (George Mason) and Kat desperately search for clues that could link Robbo to Novak's death.

Their frantic hunt leads them to a tackle box hidden out at sea, which contains guns, money and Beckett Reid's passport.

As Kat takes a look at the passport photo, she's horrified to realise that Robbo is Beckett. Will this be the final straw for their relationship?

Kat Chapman and Ash discover Robbo's secret in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Kat Chapman and Ash reel from Robbo's secret in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Thursday, March 1 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (17-02-2018)

Warning: This article contains spoilers about a character death, which some readers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away airs Kat Chapman's tragic final scenes next month as she's killed off after a shock road accident.

Pregnant Kat (Pia Miller) loses her life after risking everything for her troubled lover Robbo, fleeing from Summer Bay with him in a hugely dramatic episode.

Later this month, Robbo (Jake Ryan) decides that it's time to do the right thing by handing himself in to the police.

Robbo is desperate to prove that he's not the man he used to be, so he lets himself be dragged away by the police over Novak's death and the other dark crimes from his past.

Kat Chapman and Robbo in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

While Robbo is resigned to his fate, Kat has other ideas when she hatches a daring plan to bust him out of his police cell.

The pair then frantically go on the run together, but as they speed their way out of Summer Bay in a car, another vehicle comes out of nowhere and causes a devastating collision.

Although Robbo survives the crash without any major injuries, it's a very different story for Kat as she gets rushed to hospital and taken in for emergency surgery.

Robbo checks on Kat Chapman after the crash in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Tragically, Tori Morgan later has to break the news to Ash that doctors were unable to save Kat and her baby, setting the stage for another major storyline as he vows to take revenge against Robbo.

The heartbreaking moment first aired in Australia as the show's 2017 season finale episode last year.

Home and Away airs these scenes on Friday, March 9 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (24-02-2018), tuckec01 (27-02-2018)

Home and Away fans should have the tissues ready for some heartbreaking funeral scenes later this month.

Pregnant Kat Chapman (Pia Miller) is about to be killed off when her attempt to go on the run with her bad boy lover Robbo ends in tragedy.

As Australian viewers saw in their 2017 season finale episode last year, Kat and Robbo face a devastating collision with another vehicle while trying to make their escape from Summer Bay.

Although Robbo escapes from the crash without any serious injuries, Kat is rushed to hospital and there's devastation for her loved ones when doctors aren't able to save her.

The funeral of Kat Chapman and her baby takes place in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

© CHANNEL 5

As these pictures show, the whole of Summer Bay gathers together the following week to pay their last respects to Kat and also mourn the tragic loss of her unborn baby.

Although the baby's father Ash (George Mason) is determined to get revenge on Robbo for what happened, he puts his dark thoughts to one side in order to get through the service. But how long will it be before he does something he might regret?

© CHANNEL 5

© CHANNEL 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Friday, March 16 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (03-03-2018), tammyy2j (20-03-2018), tuckec01 (03-03-2018)

Thread Information