Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corrie's Christmas 2014

Exclamation Corrie's Christmas 2014

Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has promised that there are big stories ahead for almost every family in the show.

Speaking at a Coronation Street press event today (October 20), the show's boss explained that family stories are key over the next few months as it moves through to Christmas and beyond.

The Platt family will be among those taking centre stage as Gail deals with Michael's devastating health news and Kylie continues to battle drug addiction.

Blackburn said: "This marks the start of a really cracking three or four months' worth of stories, beyond Christmas and into January.

"It's all about the families and probably the nation's favourite families - the Barlows, the Platts, the Grimshaws, the Tinkers, the Websters. All of these guys are going to be taking centre stage in very different ways.

"For the Platts, it is just chaos isn't it? Complete heartache for poor Gail who has fallen in love with a man Michael, whose heart literally is broken.

"For David, it is the tragedy for Kylie again as she goes back to the past and has fallen into drug addiction. There is some incredibly moving, powerful stuff. I think all of you know that there will come a point where, for obvious reasons, Kylie vanishes.

Callum gives Kylie the wrap of speed she so desperately wants.
    © ITV
    Kyle battles with her drug addiction

"The story doesn't end there because by then, David will have wound up Callum who is not only Kylie's violent ex but is also the father of Max. He will do anything he can to get payback from David. We might also find that he has a few legal rights over Max as well given that he is his natural father."

Blackburn also teased a fun story for Nick Tilsley, the upcoming arrival of Claire King's character Erika and an ongoing struggle for Steve McDonald.

He said: "The soap gods aren't entirely cruel! Nick is going to have a whole heap of fun in the form of Liz's friend, Erika, played by the very glorious and very glamorous Claire King.

"Then there are the McDonalds over at The Rovers with a story that is really close to my heart. In some of the episodes coming up, the performances, especially from Simon Gregson and Kym Marsh, just prove again and again what wonderful actors they are."

Michelle assures Steve that he has her blessing and should visit Peter in prison
    © ITV
    Michelle and Steve

He added: "This is a story about Steve battling his secret, hidden depression. He is a man in chaos, scared and confused, and stuff like this doesn't happen to people like him. He is absolutely terrified of admitting it.

"This will come to a head in January where a tragedy will strike that will force him to face up to those demons. This isn't an issues story though. Obviously depression amongst men is incredibly widespread and probably not spoken about enough, but this is just a love story between Steve and Michelle and a very brilliant one at that."

Discussing other characters, Blackburn added: "There is loads more coming up. In brief, we have Faye's secret pregnancy, the return of Owen's first wife, some chickens at Christmas, a Tinker wedding and some sofa-based bonding for Kevin and Tim."

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-10-2014), maidmarian (20-10-2014), parkerman (20-10-2014), sarah c (21-10-2014), swmc66 (21-10-2014)

Faye's secret pregnancy? No, just no!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-10-2014)

'Looks like I won`t be watching Corrie on Christmas Day for the first time in many years.
    Thanks for nothing Stuart Blackburn. Your departure can`t come soon enough for me.

This is for you Stuart Blackburn

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    'Looks like I won`t be watching Corrie on Christmas Day for the first time in many years.
    I think it sounds fine (if not very exciting) except for Faye's pregnancy. Also, I'll probably already be feeling sick from overeating on Christmas Day, so I won't want to spend time in the company of simpering idiots Gail and Michael.

The story I'm most invested in is Steve's depression.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (21-10-2014)

i'd hate for david to loss max, he is a good dad to him

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-10-2014), Perdita (22-10-2014), tammyy2j (22-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i'd hate for david to loss max, he is a good dad to him
    Didn't David officially adopt Max? If so, he's got no chance of losing him to Callum, though the latter may be able to win some limited rights to see him.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (22-10-2014), tammyy2j (22-10-2014)

If David is his legally adoptive father, Callum has no rights at all.
    Last edited by parkerman; 22-10-2014 at 19:02. Reason: Typo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-10-2014)

Callum drug selling would stop him having rights and visits to Max

Unfortunately he is dealing without getting caught and without proof they cannot do anything. His mum is taking drugs and Davids got history of all sorts. So noone would get awards for parenting here.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-10-2014), lizann (23-10-2014), maidmarian (22-10-2014), tammyy2j (22-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Unfortunately he is dealing without getting caught and without proof they cannot do anything. His mum is taking drugs and Davids got history of all sorts. So noone would get awards for parenting here.
    Callum don't seem like a chap who would be very paternal to me but maybe to spit David and Kylie he wants contact with Max now

I think David would be the better option for Max than Callum despite his bad history too

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-10-2014), lizann (23-10-2014)

Thread Information