Thread: Gary Canning

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Gary Canning

Neighbours handyman Kyle Canning will be reunited with his long-lost father Gary in an upcoming storyline, Digital Spy can reveal.

The soap has already filmed a guest stint for the new character, who will turn up in Erinsborough and shake up life for the popular Canning family.

As Kyle hasn't seen his dad for 16 years, he will experience mixed emotions when he discovers that Gary is back.

Christopher Milligan, who plays Kyle, told Digital Spy: "The good thing about Gary is that he is Sheila's son, Naomi's brother and Kyle's dad, so he can be involved with everyone. It was very interesting for the weeks that he was with us, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the episodes myself.

"Gary left when Kyle was 8 and he has never spoken to him or seen him since. That was 16 years ago. At first Kyle doesn't quite know whether to hit him or hug him!

"Kyle has really wanted his dad to come back and be part of his life for so long, but when he does, he doesn't know how he is feeling or how to react with his emotions. It's going to be a bit of a shake-up, but hopefully it works out for them!"

Asked about the actor who is playing Gary, Milligan replied: "I can't reveal his name, but he's phenomenal and one of the best actors that I've ever worked with.

"He's so funny and with the way that he portrays Kyle's dad, you can really tell where Kyle gets his bogan and larrikin attitude from! You can really see the history between them even though Gary hasn't really been around."

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Chicken Little (15-10-2014), Dazzle (15-10-2014), lizann (15-10-2014), Louisa Marshall (15-10-2014), TaintedLove (15-10-2014), tammyy2j (15-10-2014)

Thread Information