Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lou Carpenter (Tom Oliver)

Lou Carpenter (Tom Oliver)

New lady friend
    Lou finds an unexpected silver lining to his masquerade as erotic novelist, E. M. Williams.

After a few teething problems with manipulating Karl (Alan Fletcher) into writing more erotic fiction which he can pass off as his own, Lou is now on an upswing, taking to the idea of ready-made fame like a duck to water.

Sadly, though, his family's state of peace and harmony has shattered, on Neighbours. Although Lou has teh bright idea of hosting a family brunch to ease the tension, emotions run high as the subject of Lauren's infidelity casts a pall over the event.

At least young lovers Bailey and Alice are getting on famously, despite Alice's accidental mention of a sensitive matter.

Poor Lou is soon despairing over his failed efforts until Alice's grandmother, Layla, arrives to collect her. Lou is clearly swooning and so is Layla when she discovers she's meeting E. M. Williams, the author of her favourite books!

Clearly, smitten and wondering what kind of a love machine she's encountered, Layla lets a delighted Lou know that she'd love to get to know him a whole lot better.

Source: TV Soap 25th September 2014

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gillyH1981 For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (26-09-2014)

Good. I was worried he`d get together with Sheila. She`s such a terrible actress in my opinion.
    I`d love it if Valda came back....I used to like her.

Long-serving Neighbours star Tom Oliver has further scaled back his filming commitments, Digital Spy can confirm.

The 76-year-old actor will not be appearing as regularly on the show, but will continue to shoot guest stints as fan favourite Lou Carpenter.

Since 2009, Oliver has been a part-time regular cast member - allowing him to take a number of breaks from Neighbours throughout the year.

However, recent episodes which aired in Australia hinted at a more permanent exit as Lou decided to move away to Queensland and was removed from the show's opening titles.

Explaining the change, a Neighbours spokesperson told Digital Spy: "Tom has scaled back his workload over the past few years and while he will not be appearing as regularly on Neighbours, good news for the many Lou Carpenter fans is the producers have persuaded him to continue to do guest appearances.

"He will be returning later in the year to film a significant storyline."

Neighbours fans in the UK will see Lou's exit scenes at the end of next week (May 15), when the popular character takes his grieving grandson Bailey Turner away to live in Queensland following the death of his father Matt.

Oliver has been playing Lou since 1988.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (06-05-2015), Dazzle (15-05-2015), Mirjam (05-05-2015), tammyy2j (15-05-2015)

Not good! I like Lou but I can understand that Tom wants to take it a bit easier.

Yes it's such a shame, I didn't realise how old he was, bless him!
    I love Lou, he is so funny, will miss his more regular appearances!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Topaz For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (15-05-2015)

Yes it's such a shame, I didn't realise how old he was, bless him!
    I love Lou, he is so funny, will miss his more regular appearances!

Was hoping for a nice romance and wedding for him and Sheila

Quote Originally Posted by ILTPandN View Post
    I've just read in the Sunday Star that Lou's return is indeed connected to drug dealers (in Cambodia)!

Not sure how accurate the Star is but that's what it says... I'd be happy if this is true as I didn't want him to return to die.
    I thought Bailey left with him and they were together in Queensland

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

ILTPandN (09-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I thought Bailey left with him and they were together in Queensland
    Tom Oliver cut back his role. He now only appears in guest stints. That's why he was removed from the opening titles.

he comes back to street on run from drug dealers

Thread Information