Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Erika (Claire King)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Brucie (04-04-2017), Perdita (04-04-2017)

Bring it on if it means the Windass family gets binned off!

Claire King is waving goodbye to the cobbles after nearly three years as Erica Holroyd.
    The soap favourite, also still fondly remembered for her role as Emmerdale's Kim Tate, will bow out on screen in August.
    Claire is leaving Corrie of her own accord to concentrate on other projects and show bosses are currently keeping tight-lipped about how they'll write Erica out, although it's thought that she won't be killed off.
    Announcing her decision, Claire explained: "It's been a dream come true to tread those famous cobbles. I was only meant to stay for 6 weeks initially, so for Erica to be so popular that she stayed for 3 years and even worked in The Rovers was a real compliment to me as an actress.
    "I've had such a great time with the cast and crew, so it's fabulous that they have left the door open for Erica to return in the future – who knows what adventures she'll be getting up to away from the Street – she's certainly not boring!
    "As for me, I'm ready for another challenge. I'm not leaving the screens anytime soon, so watch this space."
    Coronation Street's executive producer Kieran Roberts added: "Claire is a wonderful actress and we've loved having her on the show. She's been a great addition to the cast and we wish her every success in the future."
    Erica was initially introduced as an old friend of Liz McDonald's, who turned up on the Street after time living away in Spain.
    After a brief relationship with Nick Tilsley, Erica settled into another romance with shop owner Dev Alahan – but it's rumoured that there could be trouble ahead for the pair.
    Earlier this week, paparazzi pictures sparked speculation that Erica could be heading for an affair with Kevin Webster, who's having relationship trouble with Anna Windass. Could this ultimately be tied in with how Erica leaves the Street?

Digital Spy

Is Claire King returning to Emmerdale?

Rumour has it that she's set to make a huge comeback to the Dales after bowing out of Coronation Street.

The actress finished filming her final scenes as Erica Holroyd on the cobbles five weeks ago, and her exit will be aired tomorrow evening (Friday, August 4).

But what's next for the star? Will she be reprising her legendary Kim Tate role?

Speaking on Good Morning Britain earlier today, she said: "It's one of those things, isn't it? I think the rumours started because the family in Emmerdale are moving out and I happen to be leaving Corrie at the same time.

"People have put two and two together I guess – but I will say this, the door to Emmerdale is not locked. So never say never!"

Hinting she won't be appearing on the Dales any time soon however, Claire added: "I'm actually quite busy at the moment. I'm off to do panto in Belfast, which I'm looking forward to as I have a lot of friends there.

"I've also got a film coming out in the autumn called Milk and Honey and I've also got a new TV series and documentary coming out. So, yes, I'm very busy. And whenever I do have some free time to myself, I like to sneak in a trip to Spain."

Claire played Kim Tate in Emmerdale for 10 years between 1989 and 1999. She then joined Coronation Street in 2014.

"Erica was such a different character to what I'm usually perceived as playing," Claire continued. "She was such a natural character and proper Coronation Street – but she's started changing a bit recently!

"Working on Corrie has been amazing – it's such an iconic show. I had a bucket list of jobs that I always wanted to do and Corrie was one of them. I wanted to walk on the cobbles and pour a pint in the Rovers Return – now I've done both!"

Digital Spy

Thread Information