Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Erika (Claire King)

Exclamation Erika (Claire King)

Coronation Street bosses have signed up former Emmerdale and Bad Girls star Claire King for a guest stint on the soap.

The actress has landed the part of Erika, who will arrive on the cobbles in December as an old friend of Liz McDonald (Beverley Callard).

Claire at the party
    © Channel 5
    Claire King

Erika previously worked as a barmaid for Liz in Spain and decides to seek her out after arriving back in the UK.

The newcomer's arrival leads to some happier times for local businessman Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) as Erika immediately sets her sights on him, leading to a fling between the pair.

Speaking of her new role, King commented: "I am beyond thrilled to be joining the cast of Coronation Street playing the funny and feisty Erika, who looks certain to ruffle a few feathers once her high heels hit those world famous cobbles!

"A stint in Corrie is one of those ticks on most actor's bucket list of jobs you dream of doing, so I can't wait to start filming in a few weeks' time!"

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn added: "Erika is a woman who lives life to the full. Nick doesn't stand a chance once she has set her sights on him, but he's not complaining!

"We are delighted to have Claire on board to play Erika, she is a fabulous actress who will be a great addition to the cast."

Show chiefs have confirmed that Erika will be on screen for a few weeks from December, before jetting back to Spain at the end of the year.

King is best known for her role as iconic Emmerdale character Kim Tate and was most recently on screen as a contestant on Celebrity Big Brother.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-09-2014), lizann (23-09-2014), sarah c (24-09-2014), tammyy2j (23-09-2014)

I like Claire good addition to the show

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-09-2014)

She might be good but it is a shame that they are casting famous people. There must be other actors with talent out there. When you get people crossing over from soaps it all gets less believable. Luckily I just watch Coronation Street.

i want her back in emmerdale

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (25-09-2014), maidmarian (16-11-2014)

Coronation Street bosses have decided to extend Claire King's storyline, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The former Emmerdale and Bad Girls actress recently filmed a short guest stint with the ITV soap, but show producers are already making plans for her character to return.

As announced in September, King will be seen on Coronation Street in the run-up to Christmas as newcomer Erika, who will be a love interest for Nick Tilsley (Ben Price).

King completed filming her contracted episodes earlier this month, but it won't be the last time she steps on the cobbles.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the RTS North West Awards, Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn commented: "I can confirm Claire will be coming back. What an asset to a show."

Asked whether Erika could become a long-stay character, Blackburn replied: "Who knows? At the moment, the story has got a natural end to it, but let's just see how it goes.

"The danger is that you find a really good actor and stick them in regardless of story. We've got a story and it's not forever, but we'll take it from there."

Erika is an old friend of Liz McDonald, who previously worked for the Rovers landlady in Spain. She decides to seek Liz out after arriving back in the UK and soon sets her sights on Nick as she settles into Weatherfield.

After a difficult year, Nick will finally enjoy some fun as he embarks on a fling with Erika - which could prove to be the tonic he needs to make a fresh start with his life.

It would have been good to see how the public took to her before extending the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I missed this when you first posted Lizann.
    I wish she was back in Emmerdale too.
    They could do.with a female character that
    can play evil without looking gormless.
    Seen her & liked her in other parts but
    she will always be Kim Tate to me.
    There were rumours earlier this year
    about meetings with Emmerdale producers:
    so Im disappointed !!

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I missed this when you first posted Lizann.
    I wish she was back in Emmerdale too.
    They could do.with a female character that
    can play evil without looking gormless.
    Seen her & liked her in other parts but
    she will always be Kim Tate to me.
    There were rumours earlier this year
    about meetings with Emmerdale producers:
    so Im disappointed !!

I hear she was very good in Emmerdale. Even though I have never watched it , she is so associated with the show. But if she is good I am sure she will make her character believable like Sue Johnson did.

Coronation Street's new recruit Claire King has spoken about her romance storyline for the first time, backing her character Erika as a good match for Nick Tilsley.

The former Emmerdale and Bad Girls actress will make her first appearance on the cobbles in the run-up to Christmas, when Erika arrives in Weatherfield to catch up with her old friend Liz McDonald.

As Erika settles into Weatherfield, she soon takes a fancy to Nick and they end up enjoying a fling together.

Praising the pairing, King revealed that Erika and Nick work well together as neither of them wants anything more serious.

"Erika wants it to be a fling and I think he wants the same, but she's worried because it's New Year's Eve and she has to tell him that, not knowing how he really feels," King explained.

"Luckily he's thinking the same so it's quite a good little catch."

She continued: "Perhaps because she's more mature and not a kid, she can handle just being friends with benefits. I think he's quite capable of doing that and enjoys having her around - she brings him out of his shell as well as his suits.

"It has been really good for both of them, so they possibly could just go on and there wouldn't be any jealousy and negative things you can get with someone that is a bit younger. They are both mature enough to handle it and to enjoy themselves sexually too."

King finished filming her short guest stint earlier this month, but Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn has since revealed plans to bring her back for more episodes.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

crystalsea (24-11-2014), maidmarian (20-11-2014), swmc66 (21-11-2014)

Thread Information