Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kim Butterfield

Kim Butterfield

Hollyoaks bosses have cast two new faces for Dee Valley Hospital.

Daisy Wood-Davis has signed up for the role of Lindsey Butterfield's younger sister Kim, while Andrew Greenough has landed the part of Dr Charles Savage - who is Dirk's brother and Dennis's father.

Both characters will be introduced on screen early next month as part of a dramatic week which sees gangster Big Bob create a hostage situation at the hospital.

Kim and Dr Savage have both recently started work at Dee Valley when they find themselves caught up in Big Bob's latest scheme.

The shock plot, which was first teased in Hollyoak's autumn trailer last week, sees Big Bob team up with Freddie Roscoe to steal drugs from the hospital.

When their plan starts to go wrong, Bob produces a gun and holds a number of the local residents hostage inside the building - with Kim and Dr Savage among those in danger.

Kim is billed as a volatile character who will quickly spell trouble for the Roscoe family.

Digital Spy understands that there will be an increased focus on the hospital in upcoming Hollyoaks storylines as it becomes a hive of activity in the village, replacing the university element of the show.

Dr Savage will take charge of a team of young nurses including Kim, newcomer Celine McQueen, existing character Tegan Lomax and some other new arrivals.

Wood-Davis has previously made a brief appearance in EastEnders as Poppy Meadow's sister Tansy. She has also had a number of stage roles.

Kim Butterfield will confide in Nancy Osborne about her past next week, revealing a shocking secret involving Joe Roscoe.

Viewers have been left wondering what Kim (Daisy Wood-Davis) and Joe (Ayden Callaghan) are hiding as there have been several hints to suggest that they are harbouring a secret.

Upcoming scenes will see Kim reveal a dark secret to Nancy about her and Joe, explaining that she slept with him on the night of Joe and Lindsey's engagement party when she was 16.

Although Nancy tries to give Kim advice on the situation, Kim is keen to forget about what happened and move on.

However, when Nancy confronts Joe over the shocking news, he attempts to explain himself and it soon becomes clear that Kim hasn't told the whole truth. What is she hiding?

Hollyoaks airs these scenes on Wednesday, April 8 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (02-04-2015)

she wants grace

Hollyoaks nurse Kim Butterfield shows her manipulative side once again next week as she starts to cause trouble between Joe Roscoe and Nancy Osborne.

When Kim sees the pair growing closer, she throws a spanner in the works by sharing a secret with Nancy, revealing that Joe cheated on Lindsey by sleeping with her when she was 16.

Daisy Wood-Davis as Kim Butterfield in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    Daisy Wood-Davis as Kim Butterfield

Joe isn't the only person on Kim's mind as she also appears to be growing increasingly fixated on Grace Black following their recent kiss, but just how far will she take this obsession?

Digital Spy recently chatted to Daisy Wood-Davis, who plays Kim, to hear more gossip on what's coming up for her increasingly-complex character.

Kim seems to have some big stories coming up at the moment! Are you excited about where things are heading?
    "Definitely, it's a really exciting time for Kim at the moment and there's lots of surprises. The stories on Hollyoaks are always evolving and we find out what's coming up when we pick up the scripts and read through them, so that's always an exciting time. I don't think anyone really expected Kim to go down this route at first, because there is a really genuine and lovely side of her, which comes out a lot when she's nursing.

"I think all of that is still real. I don't want people to think that Kim is just this evil person who is manipulating everything. That is a huge side to her personality, but there's also the genuine person that she wants to be."

Is Kim more interesting to play now that she's not just a nice girl?
    "Absolutely and I feel really lucky. Everyone has got a lot of sides to them, but I think Kim has got two or three different personalities that she flips between, depending on who she's with and what has happened that day. As an actor that's a blessing because you're getting to explore a three-dimensional character.

"To be honest though, all of the characters in Hollyoaks are like that. They've all got some dark secret or something exciting going on, so it's really fun."

Why does Kim confide in Nancy about her past next week?
    "Grace has completely shunned Kim to the side and made it very clear that their recent kiss was a complete mistake. Kim has taken this quite badly, as she's decided that Grace is actually the person who gets her heart racing. During Freddie and Lindsey's engagement party at The Dog, Kim decides to drink a little bit too much for that reason!

"When Freddie and Lindsey get arrested at the party, Kim is worried for her sister and she asks Joe for help, but he doesn't really respond in the way she expects and she feels like he is not helping at all. Understandably he doesn't want to, because of what Lindsey has done to him!

"Kim then starts to think about the past because at the last engagement party that Lindsey had, that's when Kim and Joe slept together. Because Kim has had a bit too much to drink, she says that Lindsey's engagement parties always end in disaster!

"Kim makes reference to that and maybe forgets that Nancy is there, but then she addresses it to Nancy and wants her to know because it paints Joe in a bad light. But I think there's more to the story than Kim lets on at that point..."

How does Nancy react when she hears that Joe and Kim slept together?
    "I think Kim is quite happy with the reaction! Nancy and Joe are about to go out on a date, but when Kim blurts this big secret out, Nancy walks away and doesn't want to speak to him or see him. That's what Kim wants because she does not like Joe due to various things that have happened, which the viewers will find out about eventually. So I think it's the reaction that Kim wants, definitely!"

The Hollyoaks spring trailer showed that Kim's obsession with Grace seems to be growing! What's coming up there?
    "You can see in the trailer that Kim has a diary and this is something that she develops over the next few weeks. She notes down things that Grace has said to her, or whether Grace has touched her hand that day. Kim also finds a picture of Trevor and Grace. You see her cut it in half and she keeps the Grace half and keeps it in her bra!

"It is becoming an obsession. Kim is in this really easy, simple relationship with Esther, but now she's met someone who really sets her heart racing and she can't get her out of her mind. She can't tell anyone about her feelings, so the diary is her way of getting it out."

Does Kim still care for Esther?
    "Oh, definitely. I think Kim does love Esther, but maybe more in a friendship way. She knows that Esther is such a lovely person and the simple option who would probably be best for her at this moment of her life. There's just this niggling feeling that she doesn't want to go with the easy route. She wants to go for something that's a little bit more dangerous and in the fast lane, which Grace certainly is!"

Has the fan reaction to Kim changed since these new stories started kicking in?
    "I've been really lucky, because I've had lots of lovely comments and people do really like Kim. I felt like there was a bit of a turnaround a few weeks ago when Kim started deceiving Lindsey. The Lindsey fans and the Freddie fans obviously despised her for that because she was betraying them! There were lots of tweets pointing out that I was betraying my sister! I'm sure it will only get worse when they see me trying to break up Grace and Trevor's famous relationship!"

Is there still a lot to learn about the Butterfield sisters' past?
    "Yeah, there's a lot that we're filming at the moment that is very exciting. It gives a lot more reason and understanding as to why Kim behaves the way that she does. There are insights into things that happened in their past and there are lots of surprises coming up."

How do you feel about being part of the Gloved Hand Killer storyline?
    "I'm loving being part of it. I'm lucky enough anyway to have the storylines that I'm getting at the moment, but it's absolutely brilliant to be part of that too. It's a big, long storyline with lots of people talking about it on social media. That's absolutely brilliant and it's what you want from the job. None of us know who the killer is - we're all speculating constantly and I don't think we'll find out for a long time. Bryan [Kirkwood] and everyone else upstairs are being very good about keeping it a secret."

Do you have a theory on who the killer is?
    "It changes all the time! I think the storyline writers have done a really good job in allowing it to possibly be any of us. There are different deaths that have occurred - and will occur - that point it very obviously to certain people, so that really confuses it. I do genuinely think that I've thought it was every one of us at some point!"

Who have you made friends with on set since joining the show?
    "There are so many - everyone's so lovely. Definitely Sophie Austin who plays Lindsey. Jessica Ellis who plays Tegan is someone I spend all of my time with up here - I've met a friend for life in Jess. I get on really well with Tamara Wall who plays Grace and I love Jazz Franks who plays Esther. It's a lovely cast but like anywhere, if you work with someone more often, you bond with them the most."

Who would you like to share more scenes with?
    "The first person who comes to mind is Ashley Taylor Dawson, just because over Christmas we had a few scenes together with Darren trying to be Kim's agent at the karaoke competition. He's just so funny. I also filmed with him last week and I find him a really lovely guy to be around."

Are you looking forward to your first Soap Awards in May?
    "I can't wait - I'm really, really excited actually! I'm just trying to decide at the moment what to wear and how to have my hair. I almost feel like I'm planning my wedding or something! (Laughs.) It's definitely the most glamorous event I'm going to go to, so I'm very excited."

Do you think getting rid of the Sexiest Male and Sexiest Female awards was a good move?
    "I do. I think they're fun awards and it was lovely that Danny Mac got the Sexiest Male award in the last two years. He's a great guy and he deserves that - he's a bloody good-looking man! I think they want to keep the awards current and I've heard that it's swapped to a new storyline award, which is really good because that's what this is all about."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (02-04-2015)

Daisy Wood-Davis has revealed that her character Kim Butterfield will want to come clean over her secret chemistry with Grace Black.

Kim has recently been developing an unhealthy obsession with Grace (Tamara Wall), which escalates next week when she gets herself arrested so she can be close to the gangster in prison.

When Kim even conspires to share a cell with Grace at the jail, the unlikely pair end up having an emotional heart-to-heart and sleeping together - betraying their respective partners Esther Bloom and Trevor Royle.

Wood-Davis told All About Soap: "Grace is at a low point. She's feeling very lonely, she's scared because she's in prison and it's one of the first times you see her quite vulnerable.

"Kim's somebody familiar, so Grace confides in her about her relationship with Trevor breaking down and them not being as strong as they used to be. Kim and Grace have got a bit of history following their kiss, and Kim goes in for the kill! Grace reacts very well to it and the two of them end up sleeping together."

She added: "The more of Grace she has, the more she wants. She thinks they can come out of jail, tell everyone and live happily ever after. But you'll have to wait and see if Grace feels the same."

kim has a twin sister kath who is brain damaged

think she is getting arrested as glove hospital killer

The incompetent Hollyoaks police force have struck again! Thursday's E4 first look episode saw poor Kim Butterfield get arrested and charged for all of the Gloved Hand Killer's evil crimes... with a little help from the real culprit Lindsey Roscoe, who ruthlessly framed her sister.

Before getting to work on our 'Free Kim' t-shirts and posters, Digital Spy caught up with Daisy Wood-Davis - who plays Kim - to get some instant gossip on what's next for her character now that she's banged up.

How is Kim going to cope with being locked up?

"I think Kim is feeling a mixture of emotions. She doesn't want Lindsey to get caught, but obviously it's not ideal that she's now being framed for murder either! Kim is scared, but she also still loves Lindsey so much. In a weird sense, she's almost glad that it's 'anyone but Lindsey' who's been locked up for this."

Will Kim put up a fight, or is she just deluding herself that Lindsey will sort it all out?

"Kim can only rely on Lindsey to sort it out, because she got caught red-handed and it's looking pretty bad for her. Lindsey is the only person who knows for a fact that Kim isn't the Gloved Hand Killer, so she's the only one Kim can rely on.

"Kim has no idea that Lindsey has framed her and turned against her. She would never think for a second that Lindsey would do that."

Were you surprised by this big twist, or did you always expect that Kim could get collared for this?

"It was a bit of a surprise, actually. I remember getting the scripts and being desperate to read the next bit to find out when Kim would get out.

"I thought it was a really good twist, though, because it then puts a lot of focus on Kim and Lindsey's relationship as sisters. There's a lot of truths revealed for the audience, in terms of where their loyalties really lie. You'll see that Kim's loyalties do lie with Lindsey, but Lindsey's definitely don't lie with Kim..."

Are you glad to be getting some stories now where the viewers can finally feel sorry for Kim?

"Yeah, ever since the reveal that Lindsey is the Gloved Hand Killer, there's been a real shift with people's views on Kim. I get so many tweets from people saying: 'Oh, I used to think that Kim was the crazy one, but that couldn't be further from the truth!'

"Kim is still a little bit loopy, but obviously it's nothing compared to Lindsey. It's really nice to play. I've had my fair share of weird scenes where Kim's been causing trouble, so it's quite nice now to play the victim for a change."

With Kim in prison, did you get some time off or have things stayed pretty busy at work?

"I've still been pretty busy. I can't give away too much about what happens next, but there are a lot more twists and turns coming up for Kim. There's still a lot more stuff for me on screen."

Would you like to see Kim ultimately do the right thing and turn against Lindsey?

"I think it'd be really nice, but I don't think it would be that straightforward. If you love somebody who's done something really awful, I think you'd be quite conflicted - especially when you don't really have any other family members. I think that's the path that Kim's going to go down, at least from what I'm reading in scripts so far.

"It would be very easy for the writers to just say: 'Oh, now Kim hates Lindsey!' But I don't think they're doing that. Kim wants Lindsey to stop and she hates her for what she's doing, but she can't help but love her because it's her sister."

Do you think there's any hope for Kim and Esther's relationship?

"I know what happens, so I won't say too much! But from a personal point of view, I hope so. I love Jazz Franks, who plays Esther, and she's a good friend of mine.

"I think Kim and Esther are a really cute couple and they're good for each other. Let's face it, ever since she split from Esther, it's all gone quite downhill for Kim. It'd be nice if Esther could get her on the straight and narrow."

So how does Esther feel about Kim being in prison?

"I think she's got mixed feelings, because at this point, nobody knows who the killer is for sure. Esther knows the real Kim, so deep down, she probably realises that she's not capable of it. But at the same time, Esther wonders why Kim was holding the killing kit if she's not guilty. So Esther's feelings are mixed but they do change eventually - which you'll see later on."

Have you ever been worried that Kim herself could become one of Lindsey's victims?

"Oh God, yeah - definitely! She still could be. There's always that risk, because Lindsey is just not going to stop at anything. Lindsey is so ruthless and she's even tried to kill her own husband. It just goes to show that nobody is safe..."

i think Esther is going to give Kim some alibis and then they can pin the murders on her,,,,,

i do hope so and i do hope Esther helps and becomes the hero...

fingers crossed

i think Esther is going to give Kim some alibis and then they cant pin the murders on Kim,,,,,

i do hope so and i do hope Esther helps and becomes the hero...

fingers crossed
    Last edited by mandi29; 29-02-2016 at 11:03.

Thread Information