Thread: Shirley

Shirley

A lonely, desperate, bitter, friendless, spiteful, two bit lush who will die alone in the gutter with her only true companion, her vodka bottle. Nobody will miss her and nobody will be at her funeral. I, for one, will rejoice in the euphoria of the occasion. Oh, how I shall rejoice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mo Mouse For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (01-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Mouse View Post
    A lonely, desperate, bitter, friendless, spiteful, two bit lush who will die alone in the gutter with her only true companion, her vodka bottle. Nobody will miss her and nobody will be at her funeral. I, for one, will rejoice in the euphoria of the occasion. Oh, how I shall rejoice.
    Sorry to disappoint but I think Shirley's going to be around for long time yet! I kind of agree with your summation of her, but somehow like her anyway. I think it's probably Linda Henry who I like rather than Shirley though. I wish the writers wouldn't keep making her Phil's doormat!

Linda Henry has been cleared of racially aggravated harassment.

The EastEnders actress - who plays Shirley Carter in the BBC One soap - was found not guilty of racial abuse against a community warden outside a Jamie Oliver restaurant last year.

Henry was accused of telling the person in question: "Do you know who I am, I'm Shirley," before using racial slurs outside Jamie's Italian in south London on September 14.

District judge Nigel Dean told the court that there was no evidence to suggest that Henry had said either "f**k off" or "f**k off n***er" to the complainant.

Linda Henry and Shirley Carter in EastEnders
    © BBC
    Linda Henry as Shirley Carter

He added that it was a case of "one word against another", and that Henry had been described by friends and colleagues as "humble", "quiet" and "non-confrontational".

Appearing at Bexley Magistrates Court, Henry reportedly wept and hugged her supporters after the verdict was read out, The Mirror reports.

Linda Henry has played the role of Shirley on EastEnders since 2006 and is currently central to a number of ongoing storylines on the soap.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-02-2015)

One step away from the gutter, the two bit lush.

Thread Information